Queen fora day!

I just have to share! My brother calls and asks if I want to go to the mall with him (I'm a SAHM so he knows I need to get out). He picks me up, we get there, he gets his glasses fixed and says: "Let's go get a manicure, I'll pay if you pretend to drag me in there. I want my nails to look well groomed because the ladies look at that kind of stuff". I say "Fine". The manicurist tries to sell me on these gel nails and I hesitate because it's not my tab and Jeff jumps in "Yeah, yeah...I like the sound of that, give her those". He's telling them "Give her whatever she wants...Sarah, get whatever you want...want a pedicure"? The nails were plenty!

Long story short, then he buys me a movie (Sideways), tries to buy me wind chimes, tries to buy me some kitchen stuff, does buy me perfume (he insisted because he loved the smell...me too!) Then he buys me lunch.

I feel like a spoiled queen! Every time I thanked him he says "You deserve it, you work so hard for those kids". He made me feel so special. I think it felt extra special because it's not my bithday, Christmas, Mothers' Day...it's just Sunday! I have such a wonderful brother!

Sarah~

What a beautiful story! Your brother is a sweetheart! I'm so happy for you. I have "warm, fuzzies"! Thanks for sharing!

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it." -Cathe Friedrich

Sarah ,you do deserve it. Your brother must have had an angel on his shoulder today. When things like that happen, you think man am I lucky to have such a great family. When things like that happen you never forget it. Like with a Christmas presant from five years ago, you probably don't remember ,but you will always remember this. I told my husband one time the thing that made me love him and that I still remember to this day was the time when we were dating that I came over and opened his fridge and there was a 12 pack of diet coke in it. He never drank that ever but knew I did and when I said who's is this he said it's yours. I bought it because I Love You. First time he said it. I will always remember !!!!! Enough of the sentimental stuff. From one stay at home mom to another don't chip your nails. You'll never know when you'll get a pair of those suckers again. Karen

How heartwarming a story that was...you have a wonderful brother! It is so nice that he sees how hard you work for your family, and even nicer that he acknowledged it and treated you to an amazing day that you will never forget.

Tammy

Aww what a great brother you have! I am so happy for you. You will love the movie Sideways. I did anyway. Let meknow after you watch it what you think.

Terri

Sarah, your brother is very much like my oldest brother. He has done and still does so much for me. He once sent us beach-hopping in three five-star beach resorts back home. He had us chauffered by his driver and even sent his wife to bring us goodies at night. I'll never forget that. It was too much. Aren't we lucky? Enjoy it!

Pinky:)

That is really sweet. But tell your brother that when we women look at a man's hands, we're looking for signs the guy can work! ;-) A man w/manicured hands is such a turnoff! For me anyway. :p

Sarah - your brother is AWESOME! My brother only lives a couple hours away and has never visitied me and the kids. :(

Angie

What a NICE brother! Be sure to cherish him and let him know you do..... I have one of those wonderful brothers too. He just finished radiation therapy for two brain tumors and is looking at starting chemo in June for some other tumors he has :-(

Elaine

Elaine, I wish your brother the best. Brothers (the good ones, anyway) are wonderful.

I have three of them. I grew up in a very sexist country, but there they were, in their own ways constantly telling me I could be anything I wanted to be. Anything. I carry that with me everywhere I go.

You just have to hold on to such kinds of brothers.:)

Pinky

He is available and looking for a *hot* woman! He can be pretty picky! Sometimes...sometimes he is drooling over a lassy and I have to say "ugh...yuck! what are you thinking?" I wish he had a woman (so does he), he would treat her like a princess!

He was married. The divorce was of absolutely NO fault of his own!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.