Q for Fitness Freak or anyone...

JesusLives

I am in my 30's, 5'4 and weigh 134. I used to be a solid 128 and am trying to get back down to that weight. (Maybe I shouldn't be stuck on numbers :eek:) I eat pretty healthy meals which consist of lean proteins, veggies, fruit, whole grains and tons of water. In the past I've done lots of cardio, but the past month or so I've started focusing on cardio 3x per week & weights 3x per week, because I thought adding more weights would help out. However, I have not seen a change in weight!! I'm pretty lean all over (not as lean as I'd like to be) but cannot, for the life of me, lose my "love handles" or belly pouch! I don't get it!! What am I doing wrong??

Any suggestions on rotations or anything that may help?

Thanks!

Hi JesusLives!
You sound like me! I have about 5 stubborn pounds to lose to get back to my weight before I got married. I put on some "happy pounds"! :p

I've done circuit workouts in the past and that has worked for me. Maybe you can give that a shot!

Good luck! :)

(By the way, I love your user name!)

I am in my 30's, 5'4 and weigh 134. I used to be a solid 128 and am trying to get back down to that weight. (Maybe I shouldn't be stuck on numbers :eek:) I eat pretty healthy meals which consist of lean proteins, veggies, fruit, whole grains and tons of water. In the past I've done lots of cardio, but the past month or so I've started focusing on cardio 3x per week & weights 3x per week, because I thought adding more weights would help out. However, I have not seen a change in weight!! I'm pretty lean all over (not as lean as I'd like to be) but cannot, for the life of me, lose my "love handles" or belly pouch! I don't get it!! What am I doing wrong??

Any suggestions on rotations or anything that may help?

Thanks!

How long have you been cutting back on the cardio and lifting more??? I say keep that up if it hasn't been at least 8 weeks and then take a look and see if you see any good changes.

Cut back on your carbs a bit too, that helps lean you out. Up the protein and good fat intake.

Thanks, Debbie for the reply!! It's only been about 3 weeks of adding more weight training into my routines, so I will stick with it longer like you suggested and see how I am in another 5-6 weeks or so. I guess I am a little impatient :p It just feels like I've been trying to drop this last 5-6 lbs forever. Thanks also for the suggestion of cutting back on carbs. I really appreciate your input!!

Thanks also, Christine. I love circuits too, but I think for now I will stick with total body & upper/lower splits for my weight work to see how weight lifting changes things for me. (I like your user name too! ;) )

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.