Q about STS rotation

KC5689

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
Do you think I would benefit from extending Mesocycle 2 to 8 weeks (Jan 2010 rotation)? My hope is to get more definition this way. Do you think it's necessary or should I do the 3 month then, repeat the whole thing?

Hi, Not Cathe here, but I did STS rotation twice. The second time I extended Meso 2 by 4 weeks because it's my most favorite way to lift. I saw more definition and growth than the first time. If your are looking to build muscle, then Meso 2, Hypertrophy is the way to go.
I'm doing the STS/Cardio rotation now and I'm thinking of doing the same thing again.
Good Luck

Hi Lina,

Can I ask you a question? Did you do Meso 1 and Meso 3 the regular amount of time (4 weeks each) and just Meso 2 for eight weeks? I was thinking of doing that when I start a second round of STS later this month.

Thanks!:D

Sorry, too, KC5689, for hijacking your thread! :)

Yes, just extended Meso 2 by 2 weeks and kept the rest the same. I was also able to tackle Meso 3 without feeling like I couldn't keep up with the increased weight. So for Meso 2, I did week 13 twice, then week 14 twice and so on.

Back to KC, there are threads about this same topic in STS. I'm never too successful when I try to search, but you can look at the titles, that might help. I do remember reading that some just bought Meso 2 because they were only interested in hypertrophy. I'm sold on the whole plan of muscle confusion and seeing the most changes with mixing it up. I'm still hoping Cathe chimes in here as well :)

Last edited:
Thanks Lina!
I was planning on doing that kind of rotation. This will be my second round of STS and the first, I wasn't that impressed with my results so I hope I am this time.
KC

I did Meso 2 for 4 weeks the first time around because it was so hard I just wanted to get it over with. THe second time through STS I was a lot stronger and did all 8 weeks and loved it. This was the best results I got over the past 12 months of doing only STS for weights. Meso 2 is fabulous for fat loss. My scale only moved a couple of pounds but my pant size went down 3 sizes.
Beth

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm going to extend Meso 2 to 8 weeks and then after finishing Meso 3, I'm going to try an undulating rotation.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.