Pyramid Upper- I tried something new and boy am I sore...

zandy

Has anyone ever tried the pyramid upper DVD while on a decline bench for flys and chest. My GOD!!!!! If you get a chance, try it and let me know what you think!!!!

This may sound silly, but......it amped it up a bit and I hope it will help in keeping my "perky" as I get older! ;) I have heard that if you do chest workouts while in a decline position it helps build the muscles beneath your breasts and helps keep them facing north! Granted, breast are fatty tissue, but building the muscles behind them can help give them a boost. LOL Has anyone else ever heard of this as well?

I've done PUB chest on an incline bench, but never on a decline. I'll have to try it, but I always feel like I'm going to flip over backwards when I'm getting set up. I never heard that decline bench work keeps you "perky", but then again I haven't heard of a lot of things! Hopefully someone else will have input for you on that one.

Shelbygirl

It's not too bad, Shelbygirl. I put the weights right next to the bench (low weight to high weight) and they are easy to grab lying down. I don't get up in between sets because I don't want to get lightheaded. It works out really well. Let me know what you think!

I'd just like to thank you for posting this! I am always excited when someone posts a modification that is outside of the box. It really helps to keep those older workouts new and exciting.

Wow Zandy I will have to try that the next time I do the PUB. Another thing that I do with the PUB is do them on the Stability Ball instead of the bench but I do go lighter then what I normally do on the bench.

Actually, I've read that doing decline work makes the lower chest squarish, and can have a "lowering" effect, looking like the breasts are being dragged down. I hardly ever do decline work (twice a year, for variety?) but I always make sure to do INCLINE chest work to keep that "muscular cleavage" going, and when I don't do incline work for a while, I notice the The difference.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.