Push-ups check-in

honeybunch1

Cathlete
Have we stopped doing them? C'mon - let's get crackin! Hut, 2, 3, 4!
I'm going to do at least 200 today. This is your simplest "tank top rotation" - push-ups and chin-ups.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

Oh, Honeybunch! I'm afraid I've lost my motivation. It'd be easier if they'd get easier each time but I still get out of breath and can't go past 25 or so. Maybe I should concentrate on just doing more sets rather than doing as many as I can in the 1st set? Or maybe adding in pauses to catch my breath until I can go without stopping?

Sue

Checking in, Ma'am -

I did them yesterday and I'm up to 24 (from my original 8 as of June 3). I'm doing them every other day in sets of five (currently working on 5 per set). Goal is 40 by Sept 6.

Checked in, Ma'am!!

You could start with your first set doing as many as you can, then do your next sets with fewer. You could try the pyramid approach like Cathe does in Gym Style Chest - reduce your sets by 2.

They are never going to get easy, but you can be encouraged by what they do for you, AND that they save time. Play energizing music when you do them. Hey, doing 25 is good!

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

Wow! A 200% increase in just 2 weeks! I'm sure you'll hit your goal #!

I am still at eight but once I learned I don't have to go to the floor, it has made this sooo much easier. I will try again tomorrow for that coveted nine.

OK, OK, I've been slacking. I did 25 stacked foot staggered hand pushups today (plus some other variations). My max regular pushups so far is 30. Will work on that on friday.

Catherine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.