Push Up Bars

cjbate

Cathlete
Anybody have these? Are they helpful at all? I saw a pair at a local sporting goods place and they were not expensive and I was tempted to buy but I think it may have been the shopping bug. Do they help your wrists? Sometimes with all the pushups in Hardcore I am thinking they might be helpful....

THNKS
Jen

I use them for push ups because I'm developing some wrist problems. I think they're great because you can go deeper into the pushup if you want to. You have to rotate your grip a bit to straighten out your wrist but they work really well for me. I also use mine for dips and pikes on the ball since those also require too much bend in my wrist.

Hi Jen-

I have a pair and love them!! My wrists got a bit tweaky after a P90X rotation last summer and after I got the bars the problems were really minimized.

I use them for the Hardcore series and they have been great! I actually think they may help my form a bit when doing pushups as that I can get a bit deeper without having to compromise for a weak wrist.

Go for it.. I think you will be glad you did!

Take care, Lynn M.

Instead of push up bars, I use ergonomic exercise blocks called "Gripitz". They are great for yoga, pilates and any weight bearing exercise (push ups) that stresses your wrists.

Go to www.gripitz.com to see them!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.