Push Pull Tower -- Opinions/Reviews

JumpHigher

Cathlete
Hi -- I'm considering purchasing Cathe's push pull tower. I would love to have reviews/opinions from anyone who's already using it.

Thanks!
Marla

I'm on my second round of Meso 1. The first time I did it I didn't have the tower. Instead I used the bands/and a bar along my treadmill for pull-ups. I must say I much prefer using the tower for pull-ups. It works very well for the purpose of pull-ups, and it also holds the Troy light bar perfectly. I definately wouldn't use it as a squat rack, as it was not designed with that purpose in mind. It is very well made, and comes apart and is reassembled easily. I store mine in the basement, and have no problem breaking it into two sections to carry it up the stairs and through doorways. IMO it really is an excellent piece of equipment. Very well thought out and designed. I'm very happy I bought it.

Totally agree, it's well worth the investment. SUPER sturdy and really reminds you just how hard a real pull-up is! Damn I don't know how Cathe does them cross-legged! I can barely do them with my legs out straight. But I'll get there, someday ;) My vote - buy it!

Thanks for all your replies, I really appreciate it. One more thing: Is it stable on carpet?

Thanks again,
Marla

I love my tower!!! I'm on my 2nd round of STS and it's so nice not to have to get my DH out of bed to spot me on bench press (like I had to on the 1st round). Also, I don't do full straight leg pushups normally on the floor, but I do them straight legged using the tower. I love having the padded bar to do pushups against. Last round, I used my Bowflex for the pullups, doing lat pulldowns. This round, I use the tower and do modified real pullups/chinups. The tower sets up in minutes and doesn't take much room storage wise. I use it on carpet and have had no problems.

Best piece of equipment I've purchased in a long time. The shipping was pretty pricey though.

I bought my Power Tower about 2 months ago. I live in a 1 bedroom condo and thought that it'd be perfect for my workouts! I am so happy I got it. I use it on carpet. It break break it down to two parts in a matter of minutes...and store it in the corner of my living room.

I got it in the middle of doing Cathe's October rotation and wow! What a difference. I have a pull up bar bar that hangs on the door...and can't reach it so I do assisted pull ups using my step...and let me tell you...I didn't realize how much my lower body was helping my upper boddy till I used my power tower to do pull ups and chin ups.

I'm so looking forward to starting a full round of STS with my power tower. Can't wait.

My shipping was $18.62.

I had my 10% preorder coupon from Shock Cardio...and used that, so shipping didn't bite so bad.

It did come with a little dVD...but you know what...I haven't bothered to look at it, so I couldn't even begin to tell you what's on it...sorry.

ok all you enablers....

I am going to buy myself the tower for Christmas. Y'all have sold me on it! The other thing is, I have not done a pull up or a chin up since I was in college, and that was 30 years ago. I really, really want to be able to do them again and I have that as a major goal. It looks like this will help me get back to where I can do it again. P.S. I just ordered it and the UPS ground shipping to Florida was about $25.

Last edited:
Thank you for the encouraging thoughts Celeste! It was shipped yesterday - I am SO excited! It is probably too big to wrap to go under the Christmas tree - so I guess I'll just have to start using it right away, ha ha.

Thanks for all your replies, I really appreciate it. One more thing: Is it stable on carpet?

Thanks again,
Marla
I haven't used it on carpet, but I would think that would depend on if you have a short nap or a very plush carpet? I don't see why short nap carpet would be a problem.

It did come with a little dVD...but you know what...I haven't bothered to look at it, so I couldn't even begin to tell you what's on it...sorry.

Mine didn't come with a DVD.

Weird.

Either way, I love the Tower, but if there was a DVD with it, I would sure love to get that.

Anyone else get a DVD with it?

TIA,

Becky

I just got mine last week and there wasn't a DVD in there either. Oh well, probably wouldn't have looked at it anyway. BTW, I LOVE it.

We've never made a DVD for the Tower. If a DVD is included it about our other products and not on how to use the Tower.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.