Push It

Good afternoon everyone! I am crazy grouchy this morning :mad:. I am not really sure why..although it hasn't been the best of days. I just realized that I have been walking around in new capris with the plastic sticker tag that shows the size on them still on. Lovely :mad:!

Since I had to squeeze in grocery shopping and a long dog walk last night, I did BB Bis and Tris this morning. I was able to up some of the Tris values and I felt I had better form on the tricep pushups than before. It might be due to separating Tris from the Chest workout. I'm not sure what I will do tonight. I've been tossing around a few ideas. I probably should do some cardio since it will help improve my mood.

Thanks for all the congrats and birthday wishes to Tyler! That's really thoughtful of you!

Toni
I am so sorry about the troubles with the ex! It makes you wonder what you ever saw in them huh? He has some nerve asking YOU to pay for THEIR fun time. Even if you did give them money, I seriously doubt that would he claim it was from you. I don't blame you for being angry for him not helping out with the other expenses for the children. I can totally relate to how expensive the extra tutoring can be. I often feel fortunate that my ex is gone and I don't have to deal with his issues any more other than cleaning up the financial mess he left behind. I used to feel bad for Tyler that he doesn't see his dad but he is such a mess mentally that it's probably for the best anyway.

I'm happy for you that counseling seems to helping! Hopefully the new counselor will really turn things around since he/she will be hearing all sides of the story!

You know, Tyler at first whines and complains about so many of things we do. Then after a very short time, he falls in love with them. He made a HUGE fuss about doing this baseball this summer and now it's his favorite activity.
He did the same thing when he first started swimming but he was hooked on it after the first lesson. He still loves it and he has been doing it over a year now. Maybe DS just needs to be strongly encouraged to step out of his comfort zone?

Great job still doing the workouts even when you aren't really feeling it! Since you are upping the spinning, do you think you will still do doubles now and then?

TMJ
I'm sorry to hear that Supercuts and you don't mix. I kinda had a similiar thing with Afterburn. I got more and more used to it by just doing the shorter premixes for awhile. Maybe that would work for you too?

Jennifer
What a nice wife you are to plan such a wonderful day for DH on Monday! He is a super lucky guy! You really have put a lot of thought into everything for him.

You know, I had the same feeling about the article. Since such a small percentage of women lift weights, are those values truly representative of the "average" woman? I had noticed some posts on Myfitnesspal that had similiar numbers but I wasn't sure if people were inflating their numbers or not. Some of them were quite high and they said they had only been lifting a couple of months. Anyway, you are right that's it's definitely something to work towards. I don't know about you, but sometimes I get complacent with my numbers. I know I can do x amount of weight for y reps and I don't deviate from those numbers. Lately, I have been trying to push myself a little bit further and slowing upping some of the numbers. I think that was maybe one of the good things about STS and using the 1RM calculations. It was an indicator that I COULD go higher than I thought and most of the time the calculated numbers were accurate.

Natasha
I still haven't tried out the Tempo disc! If my neighbor is still suffering from her knee, I may do the Tempo disc all next week. I'm itching to try out the Bulk discs though. We'll see if my impatiences wins! I'm starting to worry that I won't finish BB before Cathe's new workouts come out.

Do you feel that your cardio capability is going down with BB? I know that my heart rate spikes on many of the workouts. I have really been slacking on cardio though since starting the program.

Have a good day everyone!

Toni---my blood was boiling just reading your post about ex. The great thing is that you are keeping the most important thing at the forefront and that is your being focused on your kids. They will always be grateful to you for that. You are setting a great example. Good to hear that things are moving along in a positive direction and counseling is going well for you and DH. As far as my DS15, he actually brought home this paper about the Junior Police Academy from school. He is in the criminal justice program so this is something of interest to him. I actually talked to him in the fall and told him that he will definitely be going away to some camps this year because he needed the experience. I think the thought of going away was exciting to him. I researched and found another camp for him and he liked it. He will be going away out of state to this camp next week. DS11 is at a day time basketball camp for two weeks and he didn't want to go. I basically didn't care and told him he was going because he needed to do something. He plays basketball all the time around the house (even though his team sport is baseball). Meanwhile, he is having a blast at camp and feels special because a lot of the high school players who are helping out with the camp recognized him because he sat with his big brother at most of the basektball and football games.

TMJ---I had not thought about craigslist. I definitely need to that. I just don't want to fork over a ton of money for new weights right now.

Today was STS Plyo Legs and 4 sets of push ups (12,17,13,17). DS got to call home last night. He only got to talk what seems like about 45 seconds. Just enough for us to know he was okay. He sounded good and I must admit it was great hearing his voice. Little brother really misses him and we do too. We drive up tomorrow for the ceremony so I can't wait to hear all about the experience.

Oh--gotta run.

Hi everyone :)

It's TTOTM for me so I'm feeling very bleh and tired :(. My w/o yesterday was Tempo Chest & Tri's but I should have taken a day off because I gave it a very feeble attempt. No w/o for me today.

Sorry for the short post but I gotta get going early this morning. Bella has a play date with her cousins :).

Have a kick butt day everyone :cool:

Happy First day of Summer! The heat sure shot up really quick. I am hoping for rain, actually; it's been a whole entire week since it rained last:D Sort of kidding, but I know a lot of regions do need some rain.

Yesterday was Afterburn and today was Glutes and then 30/30.

Tomorrow will be Glutes and Cross Train Express upper body.

I sent someone in the forum a pair of FFW carpis so she could see if they fit; they were too large for me but I couldn't return them since I had cut the tags and worn/washed them once. Last I heard she said they fit and was going to test them out over the weekend (2 weeks ago).

She said she'd pay me for them and I told her I'd appreciate any contribution she wanted to offer (how easy is that, right?!).

Several days ago I finally sent her a PM asking how the pants worked for her and if she thought $35 was a reasonable amount; they originally were $72.99 which is what I paid for them.

Guess what - still have not heard a word from her. How sad that she either is extremely sick or was in a terrible accident, or that she has no integrity at all. She is going to be in NJ at the RT.

Some people would say I *deserve* to be ripped off since I sent her the pants. I, on the other hand, would say that I do not deserve it simply because I sent her the pants. Anyway, I definitely will not let this incident drag me down although I will admit that it saddens me a bit. I hope that she is okay and I'm sure that she is. Certainly glad I'm alive and well and that I have integrity.

Toni,
I am very glad that the counseling is moving in the right direction; I agree, sounds like a good move for all involved parties to go to the same one. Also, I am very sorry to hear the Ex is being such a pinhead! I'm betting he is still bitter about the divorce.

Keep up the excellent workouts!

Tash,
Sorry you are feeling Blech:( Feel better soon! Maybe some yoga would be nice;)

Monday for Craig's birthday dinner I am making the crock pot recipe you recently uploaded pictures of:cool:

Stacie,
I hope you are feeling better soon, and have a great time with the birthday party!

Congrats on your new Tri's nummbers!! I meant to comment previously that splitting up chest and triceps is an excellent idea. I am going to do the same - so thank you! I'm not sure I feel complacent with my weights because I still am striving to reach my goals, but it definitely is time to increase my chest press and start using the barbell with the turbo tower.

Heartymax,
Glad to hear that the check in with DS was so nice and that the basketball camp is going so well; how fun that he knows some of the kids there.

Keep rockin' your numbers!

I'm booking my flight to NJ this weekend - yippee! What time are you planning to arrive... Friday late afternoon?

TmJ,
I am downloading the Night Circus book this weekend! I hope you are doing well. Oh, and yeah, Craig's list is a great idea; I really need some 40# DBs although they are going to have to wait another month or two.:rolleyes:

Have an awesome evening!

Hello ladies :)

Today's w/o was supposed to be Plyo Legs, but it's TTOTM for me and so I didn't feel like jumping. Instead I did STS Squat Rack. It was an excellent w/o! Four of my fav moves: squats, deadlifts, static lunges, front squats. During the rests, I pulled out my blue firewalker :eek:. I also did some hip thrusts today! I used a 30lbs bar, step w/2 risers (saw Bret Contreras do this in a youtube vid), placed myself in a good position where I was able to actually rest my head on the step while keeping good form. FYI I have a very difficult time keeping my head up like Amanda in the 100RC's :confused:. My neck fails before my butt does :eek:. Than I saw many woman in Bret's video's who rest their head on the step, so I figured it must be ok. I also used the method where Bret pauses for 3 seconds at the top. Oh boy did I ever feel the heat in my glutes! Must have done it right because I felt little/no strain in my low back. All in all, great w/o today :eek:.

Toni
:mad::( = my reaction to your post regarding your ex and the kids. I'm sorry you have to go through that :(. I have nothing else to say except I think you are a fabulous mom and that your children are VERY lucky to have you :).
JEALOUS of your spin bike! Somehow, someway, I must get one before 2013 is over :eek:.

Stacie
I hope Tyler's b-day party goes well this w/e!
Nope my cardio stamina is still the same. I have been doing 1 hiit/week and frankly I think that's more than enough. Cardio is so overrated :rolleyes:;).
I think everyone, at some point in time, has walked around with a size sticker on their pants :eek::mad:. Been there, done that :rolleyes:.
Just start the Bulk w/o's without her and keep in on the DL ;).

Jennifer
You know what Jennifer, I really believe in karma. I know they say that no good deed goes unpunished, but I truly think that your good deed will be rewarded in some way or another. Perhaps the lady thought they were a gift and that, since you could not return them, she really didn't need to "pay" you back. Whatever the case may be, you did something really nice and you should feel good about that! I'm sorry if you feel ripped off though :(.

Heartymax
Glad your son is doing ok :). Your boys sounds like great kids :).

TMJ

Glad you liked Leslie's 4 Fast Miles! I love getting in my steps :).
I'm not sure if I will do Nia's program after BB. I have 2 more weeks and then I'm done the rotation! How did you end up liking Nia's book?

Jennifer-----it is unfortunate that your emails have gone ignored. Like you, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and hope she is busy and haven't seen your messages. It is hard to want to think that people lack integrity---but many people do. At least you are not letting it get you down. I haven't booked my train ticket yet. I am hoping to book something so I can arrive to the train station around 1. I will definitely let you know when I am all booked. By the way, I have been meaning to ask you----do you own Lo Max. If not, let me know if you are interested in it because it came free with my new step and I already own it. It has a different kind of case on it. Let me know and I will bring it and give it to you. None of my friends own an aerobic step so there is no one for me to give it to and I have been wondering if you would want it since I will see you at the trip. Let me know.

Tasha--I think I would have skipped plyo legs also if it was TTOM.

We went up to see my son's graduation from the academy yesterday and it was short and nice. It was a wonderful experience for him. It was not easy and we are proud of him for getting through. There were a total of 32 teens. DS said their days were from 5 AM to 10PM so it was a very local week getting up that early for PT and going until that late at night. He is so exhausted. He has not even been outside to hang out with the neighborhood buddies today so I know he is tired. Tomorrow we drive him to New Jersey for his criminal investigations/forensics camp at one of the colleges for the week. So basically, I am unpacking,washing and repacking his suitcase.

DH and I had our Saturday morning run. My muscles are sore in my thighs after the run. The DOMS kick in the same day unlike my other workouts when I feel it later in the day or the next day.

Hello. Just wanted to pop in quickly and say I'm on my way to my hiking trip. Actually sitting at the airport now :) There won't be any workouts next week besides the hikes. See you all when I get back!!

Happy Sunday!
Workouts haven't gone as planned... Saturday after an hour and a half of yard work I did Glutes but then I was just done.

Today after house work I did do upper body but didn't stick with Cross Train. Instead I did a mix of Xtrain Chest/Back/Shoulders and Bi's/Tris.

Toni, have a great and safe trip! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Tash,
Your workout was awesome; very nice workaround! The firewalkers were a nice touch! Speaking of, you may already know about these but just in case I did some yesterday and really enjoyed them -- Bret walks side/side and then he walks forward/back.

Crouched Band Monster Walk & Sumo Walk Combo - YouTube

Thank you, and you're right; I am glad that I was helpful to someone. No chance at all that she thought they were a gift but as it turns out I did hear from her yesterday and she is going to send me a check:)

I forgot to comment the other day... I can imagine that it was hard to give up your job to be a SAHM. Do you think you'll stay in the same field when you do go back to work?

Stacie,
I forgot to comment about wearing the size sticker. I'm sure the size is probably something to be proud of, and it is not as bad as dragging toilet paper on the heel of your shoe!

Hearymax,
It is interesting that DOMS shows up at different times. I would love to know why that happens but it happens with me like that, too.. sometimes I feel it later that day and then other times I don't feel it until the next day.

So glad the ceremony was nice. His days were amazingly long. I'm sure you'll miss him like crazy since he's leaving again!

TmJ,
Hope you had a great weekend!

Talk to you later!

Hi!

Apparently I'm on a Leslie kick as I did 4 miles on Sat, 4 miles yesterday (both before hockey) and 2 miles today (running late). I really sweat with her although I wonder if part of it is it is soooo hot. I was sweating after my cold shower this morning. Hate that!

I'm trying to get my grubby little hands on more Leslie (only have 4 Fast Miles now). I'm thinking of doing mainly walking and some Burn Sets throughout the week.

Jennifer: Did you start Night Circus yet? I hope you like it! Nice job on the yard work + Glutes.

Toni: Have a great time on your trip! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Heartymax: Nice job on the run with hubby. Are you running 1x week? Congrats to your son!

Stacie: Hope the grouchies have gone away. I hate days like that!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Hi everyone!

My w/o yesterday was Build Shoulder's. Oh man, that one really destroys me :eek:. I love the way these w/o's are defining my shoulder's!

I have been really tired these days because of TTOTM :(. Mark took Bella to the splash pad and I ended up staying behind and took a 1hr nap. I'm not one to pass-up outdoor activities, but I felt as though I really needed the rest.

TMJ
I can rant and rave about the benefits of walking. For me, weight training + walking = a perfect prescription of health and well-being. I know that Nia Shanks recommends that too, so I'm in good company :D. I think your Leslie w/Burn Sets are PERFECT :).

Jennifer
Glad to hear the lady responded back to you :).
Yes I saw the link w/Bret doing that! I will do that next time fo' sure :eek:. I've been watching a lot of his youtube vids lately for some bum bum tips :p. He is very easy on the eye's :eek::p;).
Regarding me going back to work, I have no desire to go back to the pharmaceutical retail industry. The hours are crappy (most stores open until midnight or 24hrs, 7 days/week). I ain't down with that :mad:. I think I might just get a small part-time job until Bella is in school full days. Ideally I would love to get a job at the rec center in the fitness department. Maybe not as a personal trainer, but just to help out if needed. We shall see...

Heartymax
Your DS graduation event sounded lovely. Sounds like a really tough program -- you should be super proud that's for sure :).

Have a great day everyone!

Natasha: I missed you in my personals! My apologies! I'm sorry you're feeling so under the weather. I get hit pretty hard myself on a monthly basis. I'm glad that you listened to your body and rested yesterday.

Bumped to the 2nd page!

Today I did another 4 miles with Leslie. It is gruesomely hot here. We don't have AC outside of the bedroom so I was dripping sweat. I took an ice cold shower because yesterday I was sweating out of the shower - ick!

Joined WW again this morning. Stepped on the scale and saw a number that I never wanted to see again. I know that WW works and I seem to need the weekly "public" weigh in. I'm motivated to get a grip on this.

M has started summer camp near my work so I now do drop off and pick up. I haven't quite figured out the timing in the AM yet but hopefully by the end of the week we will stop running late.

Hello :)

Yesterday was my rest day but I did manage to take a walk for 1hr outside before it got unbearably hot. We are having a crazy heat spell :cool:. According to the Celsius to Fahrenheit converter, our 37c (with humidity) is 98f. What are temps like for you guys?

Funny thing I forgot to tell you guys, DH told me that my butt feels firmer :eek:. He is not the type of guy to say that stuff just for the heck of it, so I guess it's true ;). WTG Sagi's Build & Bulk Legs!

TMJ
Good luck with WW! I hear so many people love the program :).
BTW, 4 Fast Miles makes me sweat a ton too...and that's in the winter...with the window open. You average a 4-5mph walk! That's darn fast!

Stay cool ladies :cool:

Good morning ladies! Sorry for being absent. I have been fighting off something...maybe a cold or a sinus infection. I have had lots of really bad headaches and I have been feeling super tired. Yesterday while working from home, I actually fell asleep while working for about 10 minutes! Anyway, I do know some of the issues are from restless sleep due to a fire that is right by where my mom lives. It was so close to where she lives (only 6 miles away), that I was really worried it would get out of control and spread to her house while she was sleeping and that she wouldn't be able to evacuate in time. Luckily, it's 60% contained now and the area that is still burning is further away from her.

Jennifer
I'm really sorry about the woman not getting back to you about paying you for the FeelFit wear. I can't believe that she would take advantage of your kindness like that. If she didn't like them, then she should tell you and send them back to you. Somedays it feels like no good deed goes unpunished.

It's so exciting that you are going to the RT!!!! I hope you and HeartyMax have fun together!

Natasha
Way to go on keeping up with the BB workouts. Me...I'm not doing so well. I'm hoping to start the Bulk phase tonight but I really should have started them on Sunday :(.

I saw a Leslie DVD at Target and I thought of you! Since I have to walk my dog all the time anyway, I don't think I will be buying a walking DVD any time soon. I think it's great though that you are TMJ are both doing them!

Toni
I'm sure you're not reading this but I hope you are having fun on your hiking trip!!!

HeartyMax
The graduation for DS sounds really nice. I think your boys sound like really good kids and that they are super grounded. I think I know where they get it from too! :)

TMJ
Good luck on WW!!!! I'm sorry about the A/C situation as well. I can't even imagine having to workout in a super hot room. How does DS like the summer camp?

Popping in quickly to share a photo :) it's beautiful here!! The moss here is amazing. This is a moss covered tree.

Attachments

• image-4216306453.jpg
    image-4216306453.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 6
Hello! Happy Heat Wave for some of us.

Tomorrow I'm probably doing Burnsets. Or I may do Trisets. Not sure which one.

Today was glutes and Ups/Downs (Hot Flash ab work). Yesterday was glutes. My 12th week - the end of the rotation - will be next week when I'm in Montana. I really am going to be a geek about my routine and bring my discs, tubing, door attachment, and my small Cathe Step mat. I may go ahead and buy the S&G and Travel Fit downloads for my Kindle Fire but honestly the main reason I'm bringing those items is so that I can still do my glute workout; I haven't really decided on the downloads or not. They are just over $19 and buying 2 will still keep me under $40 which will keep me from getting the 40% off. Maybe I'll just get one (S&G), or maybe I'll just do my own body weight and band workout. That will be fine for a few workouts while I'm gone. Saturday through the following Sunday is a long time for me to skip workouts. Sorry for rambling on :eek:

TmJ,
So glad you're enjoying Leslie's walking program! Too bad you and Tasha can't Skype and do it together. Or maybe you can?! I have an Air King fan in my workout room; that thing could blow away a small animal and I only keep it on Low! It's industrial strength and is absolutely awesome. Just mentioning it in case you're in the market for a new fan for your workout room;)

I'm happy for you and your decision to join WW; you'll do great with it I'm sure:)

Nope, haven't started reading the book; it's been a busy week and I'm afraid to start reading it especially before bed; sometimes it's way too hard to put a book down... you know how that goes I'm sure!

I hope M is enjoying summer camp:cool:

Stacie,
So sorry that your mom is so close to the fire and luckily they have it mostly contained. I wonder if the headaches/sinus infection is the change in the weather and pressure system moving along. I know I always get super tired and headachey when the weather acts up. I hope you feel better soon.

The lady did finally write to me and agreed to my suggested price so I am expecting a check from her:cool:

Did Tyler have a great time at his birthday party? Did you survive the day okay?! Must have been a wild day!

Tash,
Yep, it's about 100 degrees here. Over the weekend it was in the high 90s, and before 8 in the MORNING it was already hot and humid. Huge thunderstorms over the weekend of course after I watered everything:rolleyes:

Glad Mark and Bella went to the splash pad and you got to stay behind to snooze but I'm sorry you needed to stay behind.

Congrats on the Firm Buns complement from Mark! Hard work does pay:D

True, hours in retail are hard. "Back in the day" My favorite job was a cashier at a grocery store; just idle chit chat with people as I rang up their stuff. One problem with that job was the hours... weekends, holidays, and every week was a completely new schedule.

Have a good evening!

Toni---Hope you are having fun. What beautiful scenery.

TMJ--hang in there with those hot temps. It's been in the 90s here and humid but no where near what you are dealing with.

Stacie---My boys are typical knuckleheads.:D My oldest thinks everyone else is right except his parents. Parenting a teenager is not easy---but DH and I are hanging in there. We are trying to expose him to things of interest to him to help him make some decisions and start get him motivated to work just a little harder in high school as he prepares for college.

Tasha---ROTFL about your DH comment about your firm butt.

We left Sunday to take DS15 to New Jersey for a Crime Scene Investigations and Forensics camp. It is sponsored by one of the colleges and live on campus. There is basically a mock murder and they work with an elite team to solve the crime. They take a few related fieldtrips and prep trial. I can't wait to hear about it when he returns. I called him the other day and he told me that I was disturbing his learning and he will call me later. You are kidding me-----right. Anyway, he called for a quick minute before I went to bed and told me he was having a good time. At the police academy, he couldn't call. He was able to take his cell phone to this camp---and I can't get a good morning or hi mom call each day. WTW!! Teens. At least it sounds like he is having fun and our money was well spent.

My right knee and foot has been bothering me so I am staying off of it totally. My eating has been on point this week so I am really trying to make sure that I am eating well since I am not exercising. It is my goal to try to stay focused on eating well for the weeks to come and DH is doing better to. He is getting up at 3:30 AM a couple of days a week to get his run in before work. THAT IS CRAZY INSANE.

Hello everyone :)

My w/o yesterday was Bulk Chest + S&G (cardio portion only). I have DOMS in my inner thighs and calves, which is very surprising :D.

Last night Bella was running a fever :(. I slept about 5hrs on/off, so I don't think I will be doing a w/o today. I might do an indoor walk, but that's about it.

Heartymax
I'm sorry to hear about your right knee/foot :(. I hope you feel better soon.

Jennifer

I hope you have a great vaca in Montana! You know what, if I were to go on a trip for longer than a few days, I would probably have the itch to w/o as well. All those times I went to the Caribbean, Mark and I walked a ton. If anything I would lose weight, despite me drinking a little too much :eek:.
How cool that you were a cashier! You get the nice costumers and the not so nice ones :rolleyes:.

Stacie

I'm sorry to hear about your illness and lack of sleep :(. I hope you feel better soon.
Don't feel bad about getting behind on your BB workouts. Get as much sleep as you can!

Toni
Gorgeous pic!

Have a good one ladies!

No one posted after me yesterday :(

I tried to do legs yesterday, but I was just too tired and quit about 5min in. I ended up doing a 40min indoor Jessica Smith walk. Bella is still stick, but her fever seems to have subsided (knock on wood!).

Today's w/o will be Bulk Arms. I probably won't go outside again so I might add a 30min walk or cardio w/o.

Have a great day :)

I'm here.

Yesterday there was no workout. I was out way to late at a loooong dinner for the CEO who is leaving. There was wine and champagne involved. Add TTOTM to it and there was no workout.

Today I did 4 miles with Leslie. I got a bunch more of her workouts from the library. Having fun with her! Might do some boxing with Cathe tomorrow though...feeling a bit of aggression building.

I'm only a couple days into WW but liking it. They have some really fun and easy mobile apps which make tracking easy including a barcode scanner that calculates the points for you. Geek that I am has been scanning everything! :eek:

Natasha: Sorry Bella is still sick. I always found it especially hard when they're sick in the summer. Hope she feels better soon!

Heartymax: Sorry to hear about your leg. Hopefully it feels better soon. Your dh is crazy to get up at 3:30 and here I thought 4:45am was bad!

Jennifer: Have fun in Montana!!! Funny about the downloads...I would get something else to get the 40% off but that's just how my mind works.

Toni: Glad you're having fun on your hike. That tree is ridiculous.

Stacie: Sorry about the headaches. I get migraines so I totally understand...so miserable. Could it be from the weather?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.