Push It

Tasha---those BB workouts sound like a BEAST for sure. I know it must be worth it with the results it sounds like you and Stacie are getting. Strength gains and definition is motivation and continual determination.

Jennifer---better looking rear end and thighs---girl all women will take that:D

Toni---Where do you find the energy to do a double workout--not just any double workout but AFTER BURN---are you kidding me......doesn't matter if you did a premix or not. I know there is no way I would have the energy to tack on Afterburn when I have already worked out once during the day.

The last two days have been very busy. Tuesday I had a retirement party for a colleague after work and then I had to attend a PTO meeting at school (requirement for my class). It was a very long day. I didn't get home until almost 8pm. I was extremely tired. then I had a hair appointment after work yesterday and then DH and I had some errands to do in the evening. This evening is the 8th grade promotion so I have another long day.

Felt good to get up this morning and get my workout in. I did 4 sets of push ups at 16,17,14,20. I really struggled on that last set. My workout today was P90 shoulders and arms. Why not just call it shoulders, biceps and triceps:D. I like that. I sat in the chair for the move where he squats low and do the biceps. Cathe has a similar move when you sit in the chair so I did my Cathe version:D.

Rest day for me yesterday which was a good thing cuz' I was DOMS'ing hard from Bulk Legs :eek:.

Yesterday Bella and I went to the local splash pad at the park. It was a fun 2hr outing. She had a blast playing with some kids that were there. Speaking of kids, I can't believe she starts school in 2 months! I'm starting to get a little nervous, apprehensive, excited. I know she is ready, but in my eye's she's still so little :(.

Stacie
I don't consider Bulk Legs to be harder than Build. I find with Bulk, I really have to heavy up to get DOMS. I am starting to notice a definite sweep in my quads from these w/o's. I also get butt DOMS every single time, which previously was a hit/miss with some LB w/o's I was doing.
Yay for the Tempo's! Love those w/o's SO MUCH :eek:.
Hip Hop ABS looks like so much fun! You should def get it for that price.

Heartymax
May I ask how you knock out 20 push-ups on your last set? :confused::eek:. Your counts are amazing!
I hope the gr8 promotion goes well :).

Jennifer

I hope you have an awesome time at Craig's b-day :). Comedy clubs are so much fun.
Congrats on the positive changes you are seeing with the Brett's program! I know how hard it is to shape glutes & legs :mad:. And you deserve it because you have really worked SO hard and have been very faithful and dedicated.

Have a good day everyone :cool:

Good morning,
Well, Ripped didn't happen last night. I was so tired after work; I mean just exhaused. I thought the class would pick me up but I just couldn't get myself to go.

I challenged the Pilates class to pushups during the week; Mon/Wed/Friday they do 10 pushups. I explained that 30 pushups in a week would make them feel strong and it would help them reach their fitness goals faster. Wednesday night's class are their *bonus* pushups so they can't count those as their 10 on Wednesday. I hope they follow through with it!

I kept my rest day today; tomorrow will be Glutes followed by Ups/Downs (Hot Flash workout of standing crunches and plank variations that includes a variation of pushups).

Stacie,
I'm glad you're enjoying BB:cool: How is your neighbor doing with it?

I have heard about DivaCurl but haven't tried it; people have told me it's similar to Wen. The reason I stopped Wen after a couple bottles is just because I went through it so fast; even the liter bottle went by fast, and I didn't feel it was worth it especially with the cost of shipping. Maybe I should give DivaCurl's conditioner a try since you said the conditioner is good as a leave-in. Thanks for the tip about Joico! I wonder if they have the small sample bottles of their "purology" that I can buy and try as well. I tried Loreal's Curvatious and didn't like that one at all - too heavy for my hair and I also got some breakouts on my forehead. Oh - Redken's Smooth Lock is what I use (not Smooth Down).

The glute program I'm doing is actually a book called Strong Curves I ordered on Amazon; Bret Contrearas (he's a PhD) and Kellie Davis. There are several programs in there; I'm doing the Glute Goddess program (glutes only). However the Glute Goddess program inadvertently does work the back and biceps which is a very nice bonus. It's a great book; I read the preceding chapters so I could get as much as their knowledgede and reasoning about the program as possible. It really was helpful. The link is below; the books is about $25. I bought the actual paperback book instead of the Kindle version and I am very glad I did.

Strong Curves: A Woman's Guide to Building a Better Butt and Body: Bret Contreras, Kellie Davis: 9781936608645: Amazon.com: Books

From his personal website I also bought Bret's E-book (Glute Training Program) www.bretcontrearas.com as well but haven't gotten to read very much of it.

Tash,
I am so excited to try out the BB program one of these days! Seems you also have been hitting it hard and getting great results;) We could open a gym and train people with all our knowledge and program variations:D

What a great time at the splash pad - it sounds awesome there! Also a great way to socialize Bella. Only 2 more months until school! I can understand all the emotions you're feeling; I'd have a hard time letting go. I probably would be the over-protective parent that annoys the teachers.

Thanks, I think we're going to have a great time tonight. I even plan to wear makeup and jewelry:D

Heartymax,
You MUST have had to work extremely hard to earn that 20 on the last set!:eek: That's the way to work! That is SO awesome! WooHoo!

You've convinced me to try P90X. It just sits on our shelf so there's no reason I can't at least try it and break things up.

Sure sounds like a few of long days for you; I hope you're able to rest up so you can enjoy your new running shoes this weekend:)

Toni,
I agree with Heartymax... Wow, girl! AB as a 2nd workout! You must be feeling great and strong:D Your hike is going to be absolutely awesome with your power legs and abs;)

Have an awesome day!

Hello all!! Yesterday was M2 M3 CH,SH,TR. I dislike the heavy chest flys. Ever since I strained my shoulder back in April I just can't go that heavy on the one side. I'm going to say at 15#. The 20 is just too much and it takes away from my rear delt work :mad: I have also decided that I'm not going to do M3. There are lots of chest flys in there and I just can't do them at this point. I'm going to do three weeks of Gym Styles instead. And don't tell anyone, but I'm actually looking forward to the push-ups :eek:

Today was my endurance spinning DVD. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that DVD. It's totally a nice break from my harder workouts in the week. And it still burns 500 calories :cool: Can't beat that!! I had to adjust my bike again. My knees were really starting to bother me today. Once I lifted the seat that really helped, so I will be interested to see how it feels next week.

HeartyMax
You probably shouldn't be too impressed with my AB double. I only use 5# weight and no plank moves. It's the weights and the plank moves that spike my heartrate, so those two modifications really bring the intensity down for me.

Tasha
So cute Bella is starting school!! Such a nice time for kids!! And a nice break for Mommy :eek: You will develop a whole new routine I'm sure.

Stacie
I LOVE those biscuits!!! I would never even think of not having a couple :eek:

Jennifer
Congrats on the results!!! I can't wait to see what Cathe comes up with for her glute DVD. I wish I had the discipline to read a PDF/Book and do a workout. I NEED a DVD to follow or I just slack off :mad:

Last edited:
Happy Friday all :cool: Today was Plyo Legs D1. I was going to do Gym Style Legs, but since I'm going to do a three week rotation of the entire Gym Style series I decided not to do that. I think next week I will do LBB. I LOVE that workout!!!

I have to tell a cute story. Jasmine(4th grade) asked me if she could 'date' the other day :eek: These kids are moving WAY too fast. I super excited she came to me to talk about it. And I certainly would much rather her be 'dating' in front of my face instead of behind my back. Appartently, fouth grade dating doesn't amount to too much more than 'hanging out' with whom ever you are dating at recess. And since school is now over, I figured allowing her to 'date' was fine. She will have forgotten all about it by the time school starts and I can figure out how to approach this better next year. She totally threw me for a loop with this one. I thought we were all fine with our 'I'm not allowed to have a boyfriend' status. Goes to show what I know!!!

Have a greate weekend everyone!!

Last edited:
Good afternoon everyone! I had two unexpected days of rest. One was due to fatigue and the one was because I fell asleep with Tyler again. The plan for tonight is to either double up on Body Beast workouts or just do BB Total Body. I had to put my neighbor on exercise restriction because she was racing Tyler in Sports Authority (yes I was looking for more Nike Pegasus! ;) ) and fell pretty hard. Her knee is now entirely black and blue, swollen, and very stiff. I will re-evaluate the restriction on Sunday. She really needs to keep it elevate since her oldest son who is one step below a doctor thinks she sprained it.

HeartyMax
Congrats to DS for the graduation and to you for getting that last set of 20 out. I still can't even hit 20 for a first set so that's super impressive!

You know, the next phase of BB calls the Bis, Tris, and (maybe) shoulders workout Arms as well. Maybe it's a BeachBody thing?

Natasha
The splash pad sounds like a lot of fun for Bella! It's hard to watch them grow up and go to school isn't it? I envy that you have been able to stay at home with her. I feel like I have missed so much of Tyler's life since I have always had to be at work :(.

That's good to know that Legs isn't any harder. I have had DOMS every time I have done the Build Legs and for a lot of the exercises I am keeping my weights lower. I find that I have balance issues for the step up, back lunge, and the Bavarian squats. Also, single leg deadlifts tweak my back. I've actually switched to doing two sets of double leg deadlifts.

Thanks for the article link. I scanned through it and it looked pretty interesting.

Oh by the way, did you know that your BB might have the p90x plyo workout? I know mine does on the bonus disc.

Toni
What a cute story but it is crazy how quickly all the kids want to grow up! Of course for the younger kids, their definition of everything related to marriage and dating is totally different from what we think. Tyler has had a crush on this one little girl for three years now! He kept telling me that they were "married". It was so cute! Come to find out, she doesn't even know that he likes her! I still haven't figured out how they got married then. :D

Have a great day everyone!

Hi everyone :)

I did something naughty today :eek:. Instead of BB Cardio, I opted for MMA Boxing with my new Everlast gloves :eek:. I had a fun n' sweaty time. For the last leg blast circuit where Cathe does various jump rope sequences, I did that part with an actual jump rope. Holy crap is it harder that way! I even did the figure 8's, which reminded me of grade school recess time a little bit. I used to LOVE jump rope -- obsessed with it actually.

Another trip to the splash pad today and then went to the ice cream shoppe afterwards. It's been lovely out these past few days. How about where all of you live?

Stacie

Plyo P90X on one of the discs :confused:? Hmmm I will have to check it out. Thanks for the heads-up.
Sorry to hear about your neighbor :(. Hopefully it's not a bad sprain.
Oh, don't envy my time with Bella too much ;). It has actually been very difficult for me to be a SAHM these past four years, and leave my job of almost 15yrs. I really loved my job too :(. Regardless, I'm happy with the decision I made and don't regret it one bit. I feel very fortunate to have had these years with her. But we all gotta do what is best for our family. My mother was a single parent and she worked 2, sometimes 3 jobs to help us stay afloat. I have a lot of respect and admiration for the f/t working moms and dads out there :).

Toni
I found that chest flies would strain my right shoulder. But then I found out that I was actually going too low (below the bench) and putting unnecessary strain on the shoulder joint. I now go to the point where I feel the stretch ONLY and squeeze as I go back up. It does make a difference!
How cute about Jasmine asking if she could date :). I agree, the kids are doing things at rapid pace these days! I think that's how the world is evolving TBH.

Jennifer
WTG on getting your class to do those push-ups! That's awesome :eek:.
Perhaps you could gradually change the Pilates class to a full-blown heavy lifting class ;). You think they would notice? LOL :D

Have an great w/e ladies!

Back to report my double for the day was SuperCuts + Core 1 :eek::eek: Yep, you head it right. SuperCuts was my DOUBLE!! With the following modifications: 5# weights for any shoulder move(including rear delt move) and I only did 3 sets of them awful sirup/pushup combo...and I did them real slow!! I love that workout and I have missed it so!!

Tasha
I'm not going low in my fly. I just got a bum shoulder :mad: The other side is completely fine with the weight. In fact, I can't get to bench level cause of the strain I feel.

I'm not so sure I like how the world is evolving :mad: Jasmine is ten for Pete's sake. She should be learning to read at school...not 'dating'. *sigh*

Stacie
Bummer about your neighbors knee!! Def need to rest that. A knee is nothing to play with for sure.

Toni---haven't done supercuts in a very long time, but I know those fast paced situps you are referring to. I am good if I can get 4 sets at a slow paced. That is one tough combination for the end of a workout. Doing a double workout is a great way to to enjoy some of the other workouts while still doing STS. Regardless of weight you use....it's impressive that you have the energy.

Tasha---the push up challenge is basically 3 days a week and has at least a 60 second rest between sets. That is why its harder for me when doing Gym Styles because those drop down sets are don't allow much rest.

Jennifer--great challenge for your pilates class. If they just try them 3 days a week, they will get stronger. You have plenty of stories to share with them about people that have actually done it and it works.....:D

Stacie---yesterday was finally the last day of school for the boys. I am just as happy as they are---no more papers----no more homework----no more projects. Well at least for a while, then I will have them practice some skills weekly to stay fresh for the new year:D

This morning was a great run with DH. He wants me to add another day or running. :eek:

Happy Saturday!

Yesterday was supposed to be ups/downs but I was still wanting to rest my upper body so I only did glutes and To The Max cardios (again).

This morning I did a glute workout followed by Burnsets. I went lighter than normal on Burnsets; somehow my biceps/shoulders were inflammed after last week's Burnsets and PUB so I stayed away from upper body until today. Going light felt really good and so far no pain.

Tonight we're going to a friend's house for dinner and games; anyone played Farkle? It's a dice game.

We're bringing snacks so I made hummus last night. I used (chickpeas and tahiti of course) one clove of minced garlic, tblspn of lime juice, 2 tblspns olive oil, and 2 tblspns water... I think I need to add a pureed red pepper for extra flavor and to help the consistency - although I think I like it more thick than runny so it's okay. Some people on FB mentioned a few other things to add to it but honestly I just wasn't feelin' it; cilantro, avocado, mayo - just didn't sound like what I wanted. Any thoughts? I'm planning to serve the hummus with a variety of dippers - celery, carrot slices, pita bread pieces, and Triscuits.

Tash,
We've had some really nice weather - sunny and a beautiful breezy 80-ish to low 90s temperature. I know Boston has had a lot of rain lately and I wonder if it is on it's way here. I'm glad you're enjoying great weather as well!

Thanks for that AWESOME article! It hit the nail right on the head; it makes total sense. So cool that Bret and Nia are friends!

Haha, that's funny about changing Pilates to heavy weights:D I challenged them to pushups -- I'll find out next week if anyone actually did them; I hope so. I really am trying to inspire and encourage them to work hard.

I think it's awesome that you are using an actual jump rope, and doing the figure 8s is fantastic! I'd probably smack myself in the face if I tried it. Were you able to leave on the gloves when you used the jump rope? Just curious if that's possible... If it is possible I can imagine how hard it was! As far as doing MMA instead of BB, the important thing is that you did something you enjoy and that it worked you out;)

Toni,
Nice job on Supercuts!
It is pretty crazy how fast kids are growing up these days. I agree, it is awesome that Jasmine asked you about dating - and it is funny what dating means at that age! Stacie, it reminds me of Tyler being Married! You haven't mentioned anything about DH but I'm hoping that things are working out:)

Stacie,
I am sorry to hear about your neighbor's knee! Falling hard like that is a scary thing; glad she didn't break anything. I hope her knee is better soon. I really hope she is putting ice on it regularly; some people really underestimate the power of ice!

Sidebar - sorry, Curvatious is actuallly made by Redken, not Loreal.

Heartymax,
I think it's awesome that you and DH are running together:cool:
I'm going to try P90's Plyo tomorrow - thanks again for the tip!

Have a fabulous day!

Hi everyone!

Yesterday was my rest day but Bella and I took a nice 1hr walk outside.

Today's w/o was BB Total Body. A bit of a break through on push-ups -- I was able to do 2 sets of 15 very easily. I could have done more, but decided not to (the workout only called for those two sets anyway :p). I was also able to do 2x15R chest presses with my 25lbs dumbbell's. I didn't even go to failure! I would use my 30lbs, but that weight is very hard for me to grip and keep up -- that's why I like using my barbell. I have definitely seen a noticeable improvement in UB strength with BB!

So for the next two weeks, I have decided to alter the rotation a bit. I want to try and incorporate a 2nd full-on leg day. My LB is where I always see the least improvement, but on the upside they are strong and can take a beating. From my own trial/error, I have come to realize that I greatly benefit from the extra LB day. So my plan is to do 3 days UB (which I would be doing anyway), 1xBB Legs, 1xCathe plyo legs (this will count as my cardio day as well). If I have time during the week I *might* add in another cardio. I really loved the DOMS I got from MMA Boxing, so perhaps more boxing is on the agenda :eek:.

Heartymax
You are killing it with the running girl :eek:. I'm so impressed that you are doing it! WTG :cool:

Toni
I'm sorry about the shoulder :(.
WOW on all those doubles you are doing :eek:.
I think some of the clothes they make for young girls now are totally ridiculous :rolleyes:. Do you have problems buying/finding clothes for Jasmine? I have had the toughest time trying to buy a bathing suit for Bella -- the majority of them are skimpy little 2 piece bikini's :mad:. No offense to any parents out there, but there is no way I want my 4yr old looking even a bit sexual. ARGH :mad:.

Jennifer
I'm sorry to hear about your inflamed shoulder/bicep :(. I wish you a speedy recovery :).
I have never played Farkle, but I do love card and board games :).
Glad you liked the article! I find Nia so inspiring :).
Nope, I did not do the jump rope sequence with my gloves. The figure 8 is tough, but actually pretty fun once you get the hang of it.
I love how you are challenging your class like that! You are motivating on forums, so I can just imagine how you'd be in person :eek:.

Last edited:
Hello there,
This morning I did P90X's Plyometrics. It's almost an hour long of interval training. He has us do about 4 different exercises; 30 seconds each exercise with just a couple seconds rest between each one. Between each set of exercises he throws in a longer rest break; then we repeat the 4-exercise set, take another few seconds of rest, and move on to new exercises. I definitely agree with Heartymax that it is not as hard as many of Cathe's workouts but it was still a really good workout, especially for the legs.

My shoulders/biceps are still feeling fine after yesterday's Burnsets using lighter weights so I want to do Cross Train Xpress's upper body this week; I remember doing that one a couple times and it's nice and hard:D

Tash,
I bow to you on those pushups! You are a beast and getting even stronger:eek: Way to go, girl! I wouldn't have done more if I could have, either, because I would have wanted to be sure I get through the workout.

Boxing is great. Have you done any of the tabatas on Hard Strikes?

I agree, it seems that clothes for kids nowadays have gotten insane. I saw a 6 year old wearing high heel sandals and I thought that was crazy. Especially since I know wearing high heels on a regular basis can shorten the calves so why start a child on them?

Stacie,
I heard one of the two forest fires have been extinguished. It's sad how many forest fires happen every year.

Heartymax,
Adding a few sprints here and there throughout your run is supposed to really be good for working the glutes, also if you really try to reach your legs long.

Have an awesome evening!

On Saturday, DH and I had lunch at one of the seafood places on the water. Nice little impromptu date. DS15 left for the Junior Police Academy on Sunday and he will be gone all week. It is like a military bootcamp. It is his first camp away from home and will be gone all week. All the cadets met at a central location and the state trooper bus transported the students to the academy training site which is almost 2 hours away. He is in the criminal justice program at school so he was able to apply to go to the camp. He gets to make one phone call home on Wednesday so I can't til tomorrow. He has another away camp next week.

DS11 had his last baseball game last night. His team won and he played really awesome. A couple of the kids in the neighborhood went to watch him play since his brother was out of town and they told him that he can really play so that made him feel pretty good. DS11 is at basketball camp during the day for the next two weeks so their summer is starting off pretty busy.

I did 25 push ups this morning and did MESO 3 Chest and Back. I really need to buy some 35's and 40's but at almost $1 a pound for weights---OUCH!! I have to bit the bullet soon though.

Jennifer--Glad to hear that you felt the same about Plyo Legs. I like it and will probably do it again, just wasn't what I expected. My coworker told me that I can keep through the summer so hopefully I will get to try many of them.

tasha--two sets of 15 reps with 25lbs for chest presses is damn impressive. Girl you are rocking!! I would probably have to stop at 12.

Good morning,
I took a rest day yesterday.
This moring was glutes and Ups/Downs.

We got pounded with rain yesterday; I mean absolutely pounded. I think our plants will bounce back, though.

Heartymax,
Congratulations on the boys doing so well in their activities; I'll look forward to hearing about the junior police acadamy and how he's liking it. Sounds like such a nice date you had with DH.

I'm looking forward to trying Kenpo X and Cardio X. I read (on an internet search) that Cardio X includes some Plyo and Kenpo. I think Ab Ripper will be bad for my back but since it's not a very long DVD I will give it a shot and see what I need to modify.

Nice job on the 25 pushups!:eek: That is awesome!
I'm with you; I need to by some 40's but haven't wanted to buck up just yet. I don't know that I can hold off any longer... I certainly can't load up on wrist weights and hand weights for everything; that would be pretty uncomfortable I think.

Tash,
It's hard getting 30's up for chest presses but I think it's more about technique in getting them up there since you really do have the strength; once they are up there the presses are cake comparatively speaking. Using the barbell works nicely, too, as you are using it so there ya' go :) I do need to graduate to the barbell because I can't lift the 35# dumbbells for chest presses.

Hi Toni and TmJ. Have an awesome day everyone.

Good morning everyone! We had a super busy past few days. Friday night was Tyler's karate testing. He passed to a second level red belt which means if all goes as planned, he will be a black belt in four months. He is so weird about it. Sometimes he acts like he loves karate and other times like he hates it. He was super excited at the testing though. Saturday we spent part of the day with my neighbor for her birthday and then drove down to see my dad for Father's Day. Sunday was also Tyler's birthday so we had cake and ice cream for him. His big party is this Sunday and I regret letting him talk me into Chuck E. Cheese. It's looking like it's going to be a very expensive party.

Last night was the first workout this week. I still won't let me neighbor exercise -- her knee is still no where near better. She might be off at least another week. I am switch up the BB program a little bit and staying in the Build section this week in hopes that my neighbor can join me in the Bulk phase next week. I am also changing up the workouts to put Tris with the Bis, Back with Shoulders, Chest alone, and Legs alone. I did the chest presses last night with the barbell and hit some good numbers I think (60lbs was my highest weight for the last dropset). Cathe's last article about what the average woman lifts has me feeling like I am still a bit weak though. I honestly don't think I could a 92lb chest press.

Natasha
I love what you did with MMA Boxing and using an actual jump rope. I feel silly that I have never thought about doing that and I have a jump rope! Thanks for the tip!

Great numbers on the chest presses!

Toni
Way to go on getting Supercuts as your double! I still bow to you that you are able to do two workouts a day!

HeartyMax
I can only imagine how happy everyone is to be out of school! We have been out three weeks now and the summer is just flying by. It makes me feel kinda sad that it's going to be over before we know it!

Congrats to DS11 on his baseball team and good luck to DS15 at his bootcamp. A nice little date sounds wonderful and romantic!

I hear you about weights being expensive. Now might be the time to get them though. I keep seeing them on sale at Sports Authority.

Jennifer
Keep the p90x reviews coming!!!! It's been on my wishlist for awhile. I hear that p90x is better than p90x2.

How was Craig's bday night out and game night with the friends? I have never made hummus so I had no advice to give. What you mentioned that you put in it sound delicious though!

The forest fires were really sad. I think most of them are mostly contained since we were lucky to get some rain. After today though we have a week long dry and hot spell. I think it has everyone very nervous. My mom is upset because they have even put on a ban on chainsaw use due to the concern that sparks from one might cause a fire. Personally, I have never heard of such a thing when cutting wood but we have no choice but to follow their orders.

Have a fantastic day everyone!!!

Hello ladies :)

Monday I chose to do my 1 hiit cardio and get it out of the way for the week. I didn't do BB Cardio though :D I did hiit 30/30 instead. I still stand by my ground in saying that 30/30 is harder than Pyramid. You get NO long rests during 30/30, while pyramid gives you a few 1 minute breaks.

Yesterday's w/o was BB Tempo Back & Bi's. Those slow counts KILL ME :eek:. Absolutely love that method to train!

TMJ
Have we lost you? :(

Heartymax
I love seafood restaurants :p.
How good of your DS to attend the Junior Police Academy. Your boys sound like wonderful kids :).

Jennifer
Thanks again for the info about the ebook :). I think I might end up getting it because it seems like there would be a lot of helpful info. I was looking at some of Nia's articles and Bret makes an appearance in many of her video's. I just saw one of him doing a specific type of deadlift. In case you are interested: Ode to Deadlifts » Nia Shanks

Stacie
Congrats to Tyler! That's awesome :cool:. ANd happy b-day to him too :).
I don't feel at all bad about the article Cathe posted on weight #'s (and neither should you because you ARE strong!). I try to do the best that I possibly can, and I don't want to compare my abilities (or lack thereof) to anyone. I'm starting to dislike some of Cathe's articles TBH :confused:.

HAve a great day :cool:

Hi Everyone!

Natasha...how funny...I came to log in and you're missing me. :eek: At your suggestion, I tried Leslie's 4 Fast Miles this morning (~25 min or so). It was really fun and I was sweating. I swear I would have never ever tried it without the backing of a hardcore exerciser such as yourself. Thank you!!! Awesome job with BB. YOu must be almost done with the program. Are you doing Nia Shanks program next?

Stacie: Awesome job for Tyler and the karate test. 60lb chest presses - that is amazing!

Jennifer: We got crazy rain the last 2 day too. Of course it was during my commute home both times. Grrr.... I've done P90X and really liked Kenpo. I haven't revisited it since my bout with Cathe so I'm not sure how it compares. Tony can be corny but I tend to just ignore him.

Heartymax: Great job on chest/back. Keep your eye out for sales on the weights or craigslist!

Toni: You rock with Supercuts as a double. I've learned to not do Supercuts until I'm in better shape. It always immobilizes me for days which isn't good for consistency.

Have a great day everyone!!
TmJ

Good Morning!

This moring was Glutes and Triceps/Shoulders (Burnsets).
Tonight is Pilates.

Tash,
Love the Deadlift article! Thank you! I definitely need to work on the American DLs, and I absolutely want to master the 1-legged RDL. Now that I've actually seen it done I have better idea regarding technique. Speaking of Bret's ebook, there were a few pages that talk about biomechanics and squats and why some positions work for some people and not others; it was very interesting. That is why so many people perform them differently to get the same or different results.

Definitely, pyramid HiiT is the *easy* one of the three.

Nice job on BB;)

TmJ,
Good to hear from you! Nothing like a long commute:rolleyes: I usually use that sit-there-on-the-highway time to catch up on a phone call or two. I know it's not the recommended time but it is slow-moving and hands-free.

Cool - good to know that you like Kenpo! What did you think about the program? I tried the Yoga X and *wow* is that a workout - so not relaxing! I should give that another shot.

Stacie,
Congratulations to Tyler! Please give him a big 'ol high 5 from me!

I'm with you - I really think 60# chest presses are great but after reading the newsletter I guess we all have a ways to go:confused: I wonder who the test group was for that article because I don't feel like any of us are too far behind Cathe's weights, some of us even have passed her weight. Oh well, something more to strive for; keeps us from getting complacient.

Chuck E Cheese will be a great time; I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't cost too much.

Glad the fires are mostly contained but it totally is sad that these things happen at all:(

Thanks for asking, we had a great time at dinner and the comedy show:D His actual birthday is Monday; I already gave the gas station a note to post a Happy Birthday message on their sign - I LOVE that they do that:) Of course I make a great dinner (I'll have to figure it out soon) and his favorite cake. And a card.

Heartymax,
Tasha's right; you sure are raising your boys to be such great kids!

Have an awesome day, everyone

Hello all!! I've been in a bad mood lately :mad::mad: First off my ex is keeping my son for 5 weeks this summer. His dad wanted $100/week because he was going to 'do stuff' with him :eek: His ideas about money are simply mind boggling to me. Outside of our child support order I don't ask him for a dime for anything I do for my kids. They are MINE. If I want them to have something or do something, then I handle it. I am baffled by the fact that he thinks he should never pay a dime for anything outside of child support and then want super extra credit for paying child support....ugh!! Sorry for my rant :eek: He can still irrirate the crap out of me, thus the reason we are no longer married :mad: Oh and he didn't get a dime from me!! What he got was a list of expensive stuff that was required just for our son to learn to READ that I didn't ask a dime for from him. Oh and the college and car that teenagers are going to need....yeah I'm saving for that and will not be asking him for dime. Cause he's already made it quite clear that he has no intention of helping with college :mad::mad::mad: And do NOT get me started about the freakin' cheerleading bill for Jasmine.....<blood boils>

Someone asked how things at home are going. They are going :confused: My husband is slowly but surely coming into reality. I'm not really sure what goes on in his head at times. He does this weird denial thing and doesn't deal with stuff until it's about to blow up. And he's got this weird thing about if I tell him something that his kids are doing(which might need to be addressed), he thinks that it's because I don't like them. Not because they are not doing it(insert denial here on his part), but because he sees the tention on my face about what's going on and he's translated that into me not liking them personally. I think we've worked through a lot of that and now we need to just continue to talk and get on the same page about how to deal with the kids. We are all in counselling and we are going to change the counselor that he and I go to to the one that his daughter is seeing. He seems to like her and there are some benefits to us all seeing the same person. I feel like now we are at a point where I can fingure out what adjustments I might need to make. I'm perfectly willing to adjust to make things better, but I haven't felt like we were even in a point to determine what that was because of where he was. So that is good news I think

Anyway....workouts :) Because of my bad mood Sunday was pretty much a bust. I did 30 minutes of a step workout and that was it. I did the back portion of STS M2 W4. I was done by then....just not feeling it. Yesterday was my strength spin ride, which was awesome. I felt stronger again in the workout and I was able to pull a double last night after it(MMA Boxing), which I had not been able to do before. I'm mentally tired of heavy lifting, but I wanted to make sure I got all the body parts at least once this week so today I did MM UB premix. It's short and sweet and I feel like everything gets hit nicely. There will be no double today. Tomorrow will be spin and I'm not sure what I will be in the mood for on Friday. It's a leg day. I may just do XT Legs or TB cause I'm not really in the mood for anything that is intense.

That that's my saga :eek:

Stacie
I am no where near what Cathe is saying for average for women in terms of lifting and I have no intention of getting there. STS has taught me that heavy lifting really isn't my favorite. I don't care if I can lift 60# bench press. I just want my body to be strong and toned for functional activities and I find that workouts with the weight selection like MM/XTrain does that for me. I loved STS though!! And I will do M1 & M2 possibly once a year, but I think that will be the extent of what I do with the program. Plus my dumbbells stop at 20# and I just don't want to spend anymore money on more. I'd rather spend my fitness dollars elsewhere.

Tasha
I have only done HiiT 30/30 once. I need to do that one again. But I'm going to up my spinning to three days a week when I get back from hiking :eek: It's doing fabulous things for my legs and I just love doing it.

Stacie
No 92# chest press here either!! I'm super excited about my 45# chest press...haha!!

HeartyMax
How is it you get your son interested in things? My son is killing me lately. Everything is boring and nothing is holding his attention. I'm really beginning to believe it's a matter of him putting into it what he gets out of it. I've provided several things for him to do and try....but he just says they are boring. He's killing me really...ugh!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.