Push It

You are all so kind wishing me well with my shoulder. Thank you! (Natty, no worries about STS, it's my obsession too... currently overshadowed slightly by my shoulder pain obsession!)

I went to the chiro and he thinks it’s unlikely a tear of my labrum or an issue with my rotator cuff because of my range of motion. He thinks it’s a pulled/strained/stressed tendon in the front of my shoulder (I guess the tendon that attaches the bicep to the labrum???) He massaged the heck out of it, I saw stars, then he did a laser treatment (that is seriously amazing how it works to heal. It did wonders for my back.) He said it could be better in 2 days or 2 weeks depending on the magnitude. No UB work, but he said LB, cardio and abs are fine. Now I wish I had a membership to a gym because leg work is hard at home since you have to lift the weights. Wish I had access to leg press machines, etc. And cardio, well, everything Cathe uses arms. Wishing I had a bike now.

Can’t add to my collection of equipment because I think I need to add more dumbbells for STS. I did the elevated lunge test with one 30lb dumbbell (my heaviest), and I was able to do 20, so I know I will need more weights. My hubby is gonna kill me. Now I don’t know if I should just go buy singles of 35, 40 and maybe 45? Or sets of each? That’s gonna cost A LOT of money…hmmmm… Any suggestions? This whole STS thing is stressing me out. I just want to make sure I have all the weights I need for the program. I hope to start plugging in my results in the computer this weekend and see what it says for the workouts. I am obsessed with wanting to do it right and having enough weights.

So over the weekend I saw a picture of me talking to Cathe and I was all hunched over. I told my family to start reprimanding me when my posture is bad. My chiro said shoulder injuries are especially common in people with poor posture. I was just a few days too late. Odd coincidence…

Susan
I hope you have a quick recovery with your shoulder. I'll keep my finger's crossed!
For LB work, you can always do Turbo Barre. Plyo is great for legs too, so Cathe's hiit's (bi-passing the mountain climbers, butt kicks off the step, ect). I know it sucks when you have to modify like that, but it's better than aggravating it. Very interesting about the bad posture connected to shoulder injuries. My massage therapist said my lower back pain was from weak glute muscles :confused:. I always thought I had a very strong butt (I equate my big bum with strength). Guess not.
Holy weights, yup the $$ add up real quick. I have an adjustable dumbbell set (so does Stacie). Check this out:Amazon.com: Cap Barbell 40-Pound Dumbbell Set: Sports & Outdoors. The pain in the butt is that's the bars are threaded which makes changing the weights a bit of a hassle (I have to pause my workouts always). They are kinda big too and hurt your hands if you are not wearing gloves. But for the price you get a decent set that does the job AND you get plates for your barbell.
Stacie
I don't like doing the step-ups with bands either. I always use dumbbell's.
I never did the entire Supreme 90-Day program as written. The workouts are all less than 1hr, some 30 minutes. The one thing I don't like is that the background exercisers all go at different paces, it looks kinda chaotic if you ask me. Tom Holland says go at your own pace, but it's still distracting. Despite that one fault, I really enjoy the set. The moves are simple yet very effective. You only need dumbbell's and a stability ball. I always got nice DOMS after the strength workouts. For that price, get it. You might only like a few of the workouts or all of them. Tabata Inferno is quite the experience. I thought Cathe was the kick a** cardio queen, but he gives her a run for her money. Last time I did it, I almost threw up :confused:

Have a good night everyone ;)

Good morning gals :)

Yesterday's w/o was TB with my Tower :eek:. I'm not sure if it was just my imagination, but I swear that workout just "feels" better with the Tower and the bar at just the right height. I was able to complete most of those insane leg lifts without a break, which for me is a HUGE improvement. Again, I'm not sure if it was me getting stronger or the aid of the Tower. I am in love with that workout. The burn I get in my butt and thighs is like no other. In my eyes, Turbo Barre is a masterpiece :).

I was able to do 20 push-ups off my toes before TB. I have been slacking with them, which I shouldn't have cuz' in 10 days I'm going to be destroyed by Meso 1.

BBL! Have a great day :)

Good morning! Last night I went to a short happy hour and boy did that one glass of wine make me sleepy. I only made it through half of Power Hour before I just fell asleep! I will finish the rest of it today as well as some cardio. This was my first time doing it and I am only lukewarm on the workout. I did do 9 pushup, followed by 4, followed by 3 in the workout. I was did those burpee / pushup combos for 8 times and then 5 more pushups on my knees.

Natty
Oh boy....throwing up is not good! Reminds me of basketball in high school and what they called puke drills. Good times...LOL. I did buy the program when I saw it. $7 was just too good of a deal to pass up. I might try the whole thing in the winter. I like that the workouts are shorter so I can add some Cathe DVDs into the mix. I had this insane thought of pyramiding with the STS six month schedule but that would over an entire year of STS. I think I would have every disc memorized by that point and would be completely bored. Maybe not though...that's only four times using each disc.

Susan
Glad to hear it's nothing serious with your shoulder. I feel your pain about not being able to use any weights at all. It's what makes the rest weeks feel so awful and long. I am glad though you are taking it easy so that you don't further injure your shoulder.

Have a fabulous day everyone!

Hi,

Well my shoulder is still a problem. It was hurting pretty bad all day yesterday. Usually my chiro is like a magician but not this time.

Today I did Imax 3. I thought I could use my arm but the little movement in the warm up didn't feel good, so I put my left arm in an invisible sling and did the whole workout without one limb. I can now say that arms do contribute to the cardio output (I believe Cathe says 12 percent). I haven't done that workout since Dec or Jan, and I know I have improved cardiovasularly thanks to Intensity and CCC, so it was easier because of that, but the lack of using an arm made it MUCH easier. So much so that I didn't add on any extra rest periods (I usually add on 30 seconds extra rest after some of the blasts, about 6-7 of them). Then I did some ab work.

Natty Great idea about me doing TB, and congrats to you for nailing it this time. I have a feeling it has nothing to do with the bar, but rather your strength improvements! Good job on the push-ups! Thanks for the link to the dumbbells. Can you put all the plates on one bar? I think the bar weighs 5 lbs each right? So the max would be a 35lb dumbell right? I so wish I knew about these before! I am hoping to have time to go to a sports resale shop at this point to find 35's and 40's.

Stacie Great job on the pushups! I love hearing how much you like STS. I can't wait to start, I hope starting eliminates the stress I feel with it. I still have to plug in the results of my 1RMs to see if I have what I need for week one. I will so need the UB work once this shoulder heals. My 1RMs will probably be overinflated by that time. Maybe I don't need heavier dumbbells afterall :)

Bye for now!

Hey everyone! Very quick check-in today. Very off workout this morning. Started with BootCamp even though I was totally not in the mood to workout. Stopped after the second cycle. I just couldn't get into it. I put in an old Christy Taylor floor aerobic routine I have. Did about twenty minutes of that and called it a day. I figured at least that was something.

My daughter's birthday was Wed so her party is tonight. My house is about to be invaded by 8 third grade girls :eek. She is having a spa party and sleep over. Hoping it turns out well for her.

Today is actually my 40th birthday. I bought myself a very cute bikini for the cruise today. Very excited about that!! Husband gave two thumbs up! Of course I still think I could stand to lose that last inch, but if i don't it should still look good :)

The party is set to start in half an hour, so I have to run. I'll catch up on all the latest posts tomorrow and reply. Have a great weekend everyone.

Good evening everyone :)

For today's w/o, I veered away from my rotation and did core on my stability ball (Supreme 90-Day Ultimate Ball). 30min and my abs are already sore.

I have a busy weekend with helping my cousin move Saturday and a wedding shower on Sunday. I may not post until Sunday evening.

Have a wonderful weekend great ladies!

Toni
Happy 40th!!!! And congrats on bikini shopping and lookin' hot!!
Happy birthday to your daughter too. I hope the spa party goes well.

Good night to all :)

Good evening/morning everyone! I just finished Imax 2 and have no energy to finish the other half of power hour. Plus, I need to drive about an hour or so early tomorrow morning to do a 5k. There will definitely be a trip to Starbucks somewhere along the way.

Susan
FYI...I bought my plate weight set at Walmart instead of Amazon because they were only $30. They don't have the case but I don't really plan on transporting them anyway.

Natty
Have fun during your busy weekend! I think your cousin should buy you sushi for all your hard work! ;)

Toni
Happy Birthday to you and your daughter! Congrats to on fitting into your bikini! What a fabulous birthday present!

HeartyMax
Do you think your neighbor can come over and show me how to the those straddle taps? ;) I simply cannot get them!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Happy Saturday everyone!

Been a busy week but I have been keeping up with the workouts. I like the rotation and I have noticed better definition and strength so I am happy and looking forward to keeping it up!

On the other hand I've felt the need for more cardio so I have done BodyMax2 - love the music! - cardio/legs only instead of Lower Body Blast and I did Kick Max (including the leg drills) instead of MMA.

Also, today was supposed to be High Reps but I did AfterBurn instead - talk about a DREAD factor... I love how hard it is but I definitely have to take a couple short breaks helps me get through it. The walking plans are still hard but they did seem easier today than the past times I've done the w/o:)

My plan is to get back to the 2 strength/endurance workouts per week next week.

BTW, stepups with the band also bother my back so like you, Stacie, I use DBs.

The move in AfterBurn that has the plie squats with the upright rows is not comfortable (on my shoulder) so today I tried a back lunge with the upright row as a substitution - the right leg is back and the right arm is doing the row... that seemed to work out really well for me. Just an FYI if anyone else is interested in a substitution.

Heartymax, WAY to ROCK those 72 pushups! Sounds like GS Chest/Triceps is an intense workout - are you recovered yet or still feeling like jelly?

Natty, aw, Izabella is growing up! I understand somewhat how you feel when you really notice that. I know it's not the same thing but when I started to notice the changes in our dogs due to age it does get the mind going. *I am sorry your mom is still bitter about her hysterectomy, and I hope she can make peace with it soon. I was very fortunate that it was not due to cancer, but it was a very painful condition that just wouldn't go away. *Congratulations on being able to increase your weight - and that you can match Cathe is SO COOL! I'm proud of you :) *Have fun baking the cake with Isabella! I'm sure DH will be happy that his girls and good 'ol Betty were thinking of him. *Good luck to your friend moving and have fun at the shower tomorrow!

Stacie, way to go on the muscle workouts and doing every single pushup you could possibly do even if you had to go to your knees (or the table-top position) - that is the way to push yourself! *Sometimes wine knocks me out. We like to go to wineries and have a great time all day long... but when I get home all I want to do is sleep on the couch in front of the TV! *Straddle taps... maybe I can help - think of it like this: Up/Up, straddle down, then one foot goes up; while you step that same foot back down you need to jump (abs tight!) up at the same time to bring the other foot up. Also, it's the same move as if you're in front of the step doing the "fast feet" except that you are straddled. It takes a while so hang in there!

Toni, Happy 40th! Congrats on the bikini:) It's pretty cool that your daughter's birthday is close to yours - I hope the party goes well! Also, glad to hear you're sticking with the workouts the best you can. IMax3 - that's a tough one, and the choreography is complex; in fact I just stick with IMax2 because I can follow it better and it is a little less stressful on my knees.

Dana, TOO funny about your husband commenting about your workout:) Beachbody has some good and diverse plans; I hear Intensity is intense (haha), and of course the P90Xs and Brazilian workouts:) Either way I'm glad you had fun and enjoyed your workout!

Kara, ha! So glad you didn't throw your shoe through the TV and I'm glad you were able to enjoy a workout afterall... and congrats on the shoes you were looking for and then weren't looking for and then ended up finding:)

Susan, I am SO sorry to hear about your shoulder. I don't know about the popping in/out of socket, but I do hope you can see a doctor soon:( Keep us posted. Never mind - I just saw your post about the tear. I hope it heals soon! First, COOL that you have a picture of you talking to Cathe, and second - Posture - Eek! Stay lifted girlfriend! I have to remind myself of that, too! *Also, I feel I must comment about the height factor in jumps and such... taller people (I'm 5'9) really do have a harder time with things like high jumps, low squats, and low pushups (for example) because we have longer limbs. There is the gravity factor... lenghten out your arms with weights in your hands and the weights are farther away from your body hence more gravitational pull. I'm definitely not making excuses but it is true. Our muscles are longer, our limbs are longer, and those things really make it harder - not easier. This is what I believe, anyway:)

I hope I didn't miss anyone's posts - sorry if I did.
Have a fantastic rest of the weekend!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! The birthday party was FABULOUS! It was very expensive and I was sure that I had lost my mind for doing this, but for everything we got it was worth it. It was a spa party. They came to my house and gave the girls a mani, pedi, and facial. They did a craft of body glitter and lip gloss. They also got before and after photos. It came with invitations(think wedding style invitations) and thank you notes. And the girls got a really nice goody bag, frame of their photo, and a certificate for their spa evening! My daughter and all the girls had a BLAST!! Well worth the money. All the girls continuously thanked me for having the party and inviting them. They were all so polite and pleasant. And they all want to do it again next year. I have been saving for this for some time and I'm not sure I will be able to pull something like this off next year. We will see. I'm a sucker for a good birthday party though!!

My Bday was also good. I had asked my husband for a new pair of tennis shoes for my birthday. He got me those plus a new pair of workout shoes, which I needed. Whoot whoot!! I wore my new workout shoes today and they were awesome! And I got the most beautiful pastel colored roses. They are so pretty and smell very good! All and all it was a great weekend.

I've indulged a bit this past week in terms of diet, so time to lock it down for sure. Esp now that I have that bikini!! For a couple weeks I will be doing an 1800 calorie meal plan. I really don't like those. I always feel just a little bit light headed when I go that lite on calories. But I can manage for two weeks. After that I'll switch to 2000 a day, which always gives me a much better feeling.

Rotation for the next four weeks is GS!! I've decided that I really need to build some muscle in the upper body. I think I will have an overall better appearance and not look as thin if I can beef up a little bit. And I'm sure GS will help me with that. My rotation will be something like this:

KickMax + abs from KPC
GS chest and tris+ coremax
IMAX3
GS back, shoulders and biceps + coremax
Low impact challenge
GS leg + coremax

Did KickMax today and it was awesome as usual!! Oh and I got my knee braces and used them today for the first time. Ok, so I did LOOK old with them on, but I did not FEEL old with them on. It was so much better. They are a def keeper!

Sorry that was so long, hope I didn't bore you to death :)

Susan
Sorry to hear about your shoulder! I hope it gets better soon. I really like that you are still figuring out how to workout. Just a reminder for me that I can always to something to continue working out!

I so know what you mean about the price of the more weights! It adds up really quickly. I'm thinking about STS at some point. I'll be watching your progress.

Natty
I think I see Turbo Barre in my future based on what you are saying! I don't have that one yet, but I'm thinking I need to get it.

Toni----Happy Belated Birthday. Glad you enjoyed that extra special time with your DH.

Stacie Power Hour is a short workout but definitely leaves you wiped out when it is over with all those low ends.

Jennifer Kudos to you for working hard and getting those noticeable results from your workouts. Just the motivation you need to keep it up even when things get busy.

Natty Glad that you found your tower to be helpful and worth the purchase. You are definitely one tough person when it comes to your workouts so I know you are reading to face Meso 1 push ups head on!

Saturday was 40 minutes cardio intervals on the elliptical. According to my rotation, Saturday was supposed to be a rest day but I did 40 minute intervals on the elliptical. Sunday was supposed to be GS Chest, Triceps again but my body was tired from working out 2 weeks straight with no rest day so I took the day off. I am not sure why week 1 has you doing the upper body twice in the rotation and once in the other 3 weeks so I am just going to skip the workout all together. I definitely need my cardio in so I can burn some that little fat so I can see more muscles.

This morning was my push up test and I did 33 consecutive push ups. I was 25 when we started this group and then I did 30 on my second test and now I am at 33. I was hoping to squeeze out 35 but I just couldn't push it. 33 is not bad since I haven't been doing push ups as much as I had earlier. After my push ups, I did Rhythmic Step minus the bonus at the end.

This weekend I found a cute bikini for my summer trip. I recently purchased some swim shorts that are really cute also and I got an bikini top to wear with those also. I wear a 36C so I had to pay the price of getting one with some good support. It is not an underwire but it has thick band for undersupport that ties in the back. I had a 20% off coupon and the 3 pieces still came to $145. YIKES!!! ---but I plan to be cute.

Good morning ladies!

My w/e was super busy. My cousin moved Sat and then Sun was their wedding shower. I'm a bit upset that they are choosing to have this wonderful wedding ceremony on a cruise, and I can't attend . It was just too expensive w/flight to Miami. They suggested we drive to Florida , but I was like "ya, no way with this restless kid!". I would seriously consider killing myself. I don't have a kid that plays nicely in the car since birth. Anyway, once they come back from their cruise they are having a Catholic ceremony here at a church and a small lunch buffet afterwards (Bella is the flower girl!!!). So I'm happy I can attend that. I just hate passing up traveling opportunities...I get super jealous .

Yesterday I came home from the shower (which was lovely BTW. Food was top-notch) and rushed to do Muscle Max. Rockin' workout! How the heck does Cathe do ALL those damn push-ups??!! Here I am on the floor crying like a baby and she's just pushin' along! I HATE HER . Needless to say I have some nice DOMS today. I pushed pretty hard yesterday, trying to match Cathe, and I was able to in everything except Biceps and push-ups. I am pretty upset I had to eliminate STS TB from my rotation, but that w/o just wreaked havoc on my lower back. I'm still not sure what exercise(s) were causing it.

Toni
Your daughter's spa party sounded amazing! What a cute idea! I know, kids parties can get SO expensive w/food, decor, loot bags, ect. But I'm sure it was all worth it to see your little one have so much fun. Any zoo animals planned w/your next party? LOL why do kids love ponies?
Your rotation looks great! I heard GS is awesome. I have legs but not UB. GS Legs is my ultimate fav. I could not sit on the toilet for 3 days afterwards :eek:.
Speaking of fav, yes GET TURBO BARRE! I can do Imax3 and not take breaks, but the legs lift in TB having me crying like a little baby. I love to hate that workout!
Heartymax
Thank you for the vote of confidence. Maybe one day I can even match you in push-ups (highly unlikely though, you are crazy strong). 33?! are you kiddin' me! If I was wearing a hat, I would take it off to you.
Congrats on going bikini shopping too. I think that's the most dreaded form of shopping for women, but it's nice when you can go in with confidence because you worked your butt off!
Jennifer
I'm happy to hear the rotation is rewarding you with some nice muscles!
Great idea about doing Kickmax w/leg drills instead of LBB. I may do Hardcore Extreme blasts+legs this week instead to also get some more cardio in.
Do you like doing strength/endurance workouts together? I find the muscles respond very well that way too.
I hope you had a nice w/e :)
Stacie
Did you do any Supreme 90-Day w/o's yet? Ultimate Ball killed my abs! I'm still sore :D.
How was your 5K? I hope it went well.

I hope everyone had a terrific weekend :)

Last edited:
Good morning everyone! The weekend flew by since I spent it with the family. To be honest, I was glad to come back. My dad's house severely lacks nutritional food -- I was feeling so sick from just eating junk for a 36 hour period. Next time I need to remember to take fruit and stuff down like I did the time before. The 5k was just a walk and didn't feel like much since I usually walk the dog a couple miles a day. It was nice that my sister came too though. We don't always get to spend a lot of time together where we can just talk and laugh.

Last night I did Low Impact Challenge for the second time. It took forever to do that workout because I had to keep rewinding. None of the choreography in any of Cathe's other step workouts gives me as much trouble as LIC. I think I will need at least two more times of doing this workout before I get all the moves down. I have been debating about not skipping Meso #1 afterall and doing STS again from start to finish or pyramiding down. That would put me one meso behind the group.

Toni
Glad to hear you had such an awesome weekend! B-day parties are expensive now a days. I have been looking at places for my son's birthday in June and my credit card is already shaking in fear. I was also happy to hear you like the knee braces! They really do help a lot don't they?

Susan
How is the shoulder? Do you still plan on starting STS next week?

HeartyMax
Another fanstastic round of pushups! I bet you look amazing in your new bikini. I agree with you that swimwear has gotten expensive! Oh well, it's nice to splurge once in awhile though isn't it?

Natty
I have not tried out the Supreme workouts yet. I kinda want to though! I have been playing catch up with some of my other workouts. This week I am going to try to do some doubling up. Hmm....the ball workout is tempting though. Maybe tonight if I get my hiney in gear and don't dilly dally I can squeeze it in. BTW, the new JM workouts shipped Friday. Hooray! Wound up getting four of them for only $28 -- had to get it up to $25 to get free shipping. Not bad at all!

Jennifer
Afterburn was also on my schedule for last night but I did LIC instead. This week's workouts are from the same rotation you and Natty are doing. I have a huge dread factor for AB and most of the LIS series if that makes you feel any better. You are definitely not alone!

Kara & Dana
Hope all is well with you two!

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning ladies :)

Yesterday's w/o was Hardcore Extreme hi/lo intervals (Imax3+LowMax+kickmax). What a butt kicker :eek:. I love that one. I don't have LowMax, so doing the few step combos and blasts from it, really entice me to purchase it. LowMax, BM2, Gym Style, all on my want list. The downloads are 20% off hmmm...;)
I'm feeling some great DOMS, especially in the back area. Muscle Max never disappoints :)

Stacie
I'm glad you had a good weekend with your family. Walking is so underrated as an excellent form of exercise. It's great you get some miles in walking your dog. Studies show dog owners are more fit.
No worries about LIC, you'll get it. Did I ever mention how badly I used to be at step? (I still don't think I'm that good). LIC was the first complex step workout that I attempted, at a time when I really stunk. If I was able to grasp it, anyone can.
I hope you like the JM's ;). Let me know when you've tried them.
How is your little boy doing?
Susan
Man, I feel so bad about your shoulder :(. As far as STS is concerned, I will only be 2 weeks ahead of you, still at Meso 1. Don't rush though, take the time you need to heal. STS ain't going anywhere. You know what I was thinking for modifications on the push-ups, you can start doing them on the Turbo Tower. I tried it yesterday, and you can still get a good chest workout in without adding your total body weight. Something to think about when you are ready.
BTW Colleen is a rock star when it comes to circuit workouts. She LOVES em'! She probably has every single circuit w/o ever put out, including kettle bells. If you have any questions, she is the gal to help you.

Have a great day ladies :)

Hi everyone,
I am so happy to report my shoulder is much better, nearly 100% perfect. I was very worried there for a while, I thought I really messed it up. I guess the chiro was right that it was just a tendon.

On Sunday, it was pretty good, and I decided to do Lower Body Blast. I was super careful with the weights and I was even able to use my arm for most of the warmup and throughout the entire workout. Yesterday was my off day and today was Intensity. I was actually looking forward to a nice huff and puff sweaty butt kicking. After being limited on my cardio, I really wanted to get that heart rate up and it felt good tp use both arms. I even did the boot camp add on, but took it easy on the pushups, as I think those are actually the source of my troubles vs. any shoulder moves or chest flies. Instead of my usual 24-26 in the first set, I did 16 on my toes, 8 knees. Then for the 2nd set of 12, I did 5 on my toes and 7 knees. I could have done more but forced myself to go easy.

This was supposed to be the final week of my rotation, but everything is messed up as I missed some UB work from Body Max. I have High Reps and Muscle Max scheduled for later this week and I think that will be too much too soon. I plan on doing a circuit workout Thursday, Saturday and Monday, cardio on Friday and Sunday, off on Tuesday and Wednesday next week just because of my work schedule. I was thinking of doing 2 TB workouts on Thursday and Saturday of next week, maybe the High Reps and Muscle Max that I’ll miss.

If that goes as planned, I will start STS one week late, on 5/7. I plan to do the STS workouts Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays (legs on Sunday). I will do cardio Friday, a circuit workout or another cardio on Saturday, and I will try to throw in a shorter cardio (45 minutes include warm up and cool down) on Tuesday and/or Thursday. That is just tentative. I may do STS Tue, Thur and Sat, and do pure cardio Friday and Sunday. I just want to work in some circuits and other light weight work like afterburn, athletic training, etc. I have missed those workouts in the past 2 months due to the rotations I picked. Do you guys think that will be too much weight work?

I looked at my schedule and starting STS on 5/7 works perfect because we are planning to go to Wisconsin Dells for 4 days the 2nd week of July. That would be a perfect rest week. I think if I can't start on 5/7, I might need to wait 5 more weeks to get on the right schedule. Or do I just push through? I would be able to do 1 or 2 workouts from week 4, Meso 2 before the trip but would need to finish it up the next week. Maybe that would be OK?

I will be back later to respond back to everyone. Bye for now!

Good morning! Last night I only did half only STS Total Body. It made me miss STS. We have been really busy lately and I started the workout super late (12:30 am). I was really annoyed that screen when you edit the workout didn't mention that she does warm up sets. I had already set up my barbell and had to pause to reconfigure it. I did do all 24 pushups on my toes (7-6-7-4) plus another 5 on my knees. It was really hard to keep up on the reconfiguring of the weights and I was pausing a lot. I finally called it quits at like 1:20am...I was getting super sleepy and a little headachy.

On the upside, I am wearing capris from last year and I think if I didn't have a belt on they would fall off of me. It's great when your pants fit loose except for the fact that then you have to buy new ones! Remember my new workout shoes? I don't think they are working out either. Now that I added more high impact workouts, the bottom of my right foot as been hurting. This weekend I will go to the Nike outlet or order some Rykas online. At least the other shoes look nice so I can still use them for every day wear. It might be my fault too -- I think I was foolish and bought running shoes instead of aerobic/cross training ones.

Natty
LIC is very frustrating! I can usually jump right into most of Cathe's step workouts with no problems at all. Not this one...I was thinking about it the other day because it is completely crazy. Cathe will be like ok "Over and back" and then she'll say "We are going to add a little more" and then she'll do like 10 more moves. The worse part about it is that you are facing backwards during it too which leaves you no choice but to rewind.

Walking is good exercise -- I just kind of take it for granted because even if there is a blizzard, the dog still needs his walk. He doesn't take no for an answer either which is good. If I fall alsleep putting my son to bed the dog comes over after a bit and basically says get your hiney out of bed and walk me. He is a big dog so he will even put his legs front legs on top of me and kinda shake me. Aussies are wicked smart like that. I don't think I would be able to maintain a decent workout schedule without him keeping me up and at it.

My son has been doing good which has been nice. He actually got a nice note from one of his teachers yesterday. He said he has been being good because he doesn't want me to be angry with him and he likes it when I am happy that he has good reports. He is a good boy...he just gets into funks I guess like the rest of us. Thanks for asking!

Susan
Glad to hear your shoulder is feeling better! That's wonderful news!

Have a terrific day everyone!

Back as promised :)

Natty Is that a new avatar? Or am I losing my mind? I love LowMax. I am sure by now you figured out I love LB workouts. I find that one so fun (not everyone agrees tho) and the blasts are great for an add-on to a short LB workout. I haven't done hardcore extreme in ages... maybe it's time to dust it off. Great idea about doing push-ups on the bar. You always have such great ideas, I am so glad I found you :D

I am sorry about your disappointment about not being able to go to the wedding. I am growing tired of these destination weddings. Do people think we all have tons of money sitting around. My husband and I had our own version of a destination wedding. We went to Vegas by ourselves (didn't elope, it was planned that way). I sure do hope my girls go that route, so much cheaper, except of course I need to go too.

Stacie I totally agree with you on LIC, I think it is the toughest Cathe step to date. I always mess up my feet in the last combo (straddle kick walk back, ball change...) I am so happy your son is doing better. We all have our ups and downs for sure. It is really great how he sees the relationship between his behavior and your move. He now knows how his actions can impact others. A great lesson to learn!

Heartymax Congrats on the bikini!!! I am so jealous of you and Toni with your bikinis. I am not sure if I will ever be confident enough to wear one. Well maybe on vacation, but not the local pool where all the neighbors can see me. :eek:

Have a great day!

Susan----I purchased my bikini for my vacation so no locals will see me either:D. I have several tankini's already and had only one two bikinis but can't seem to find either one of them. I realize that my body may not be perfect----but---from what I see at the beach when go-----I already know I won't be the best looking thing and I definitely won't be the worst:eek:.

Natty----love your new avatar pic!

Today was Slow and Heavy Biceps, Triceps and Abs. I haven't done that workout in at least a year and half. OMG------I forgot how those slow reps are a burner. I can't believe how I was reaching for my 5 lb. dumbells to get through the last couple of reps on the last set of triceps on the last exercise. Exhausting the muscle group at that pace is definitely a burner! Oldie but goodie.

Hello all!

Yesterday was GS Chest and Tris. I really like that one. I did all the push ups, mostly on my knees but did manage to get them all in. Did all the flys and chest presses with a 12lbs weight. That was tough for me!! But I was really glad I could complete them all. Tri work was also tough. Those pulses with that band about killed me!! I'm a bit sore today, but not as bad as I thought I would be.

Today was IMAX3. My first day doing it with the knee braces. It was so much easier. Well as easy as IMAX3 can be :). The true test will be to see how my knees feel tomorrow. But I think I will be ok. I'm really excited about this. I had my eye on CCC, but didn't get it because of all the jumps. Now I think I might be able to get it!

HeartyMax
2 weeks with no rest days :eek. My body would stage a revolt!! Nice job on the pushup. That's true inspiration!

The money on the new bikini will def be worth it. I'm sure your going to look fabulous.

Stacey
Yes, the knee braces are awesome. I haven't done. LIC yet, I may do that one Thursday.

Susan
Excellent news about the shoulder!! That sounds like a lots of weights mixing AfterBurn and such in with STS. Maybe you could do those on a rest week?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.