Puppy Picture

AWWWW! Look at those cutie patootie snuggle bugs :7 Congrats Pepper & Pepper's momma!

Debbie

I don't really think, I just walk.
--Paris Hilton

Thanks everyone! Yes, it was a great experience, Lorie. It was funny because I wasn't nervous at all anymore, after I realized the whole process had started.

Pepper was doing so awesome, she didn't make a sound. She was just panting a lot and right before she had the first puppy she was running around a little bit, jumping on my lap, wanting to be petted. But about 30 seconds before the first puppy arrived she went in the whelping box and started licking like crazy. I didn't even realize the first one was out until I saw a little white spot that didn't seem to belong there. I lifted her leg and sure enough here was the puppy. I just yelled at my 11-year-old son, who had stayed up all night too, he refused to go to bed "Oh my gosh, Samuel, the puppy is here".

Are you guys sure you want me to regularly post pictures? I don't mind at all, but I don't want to annoy you with my excitement either :)

We also had a little oopsie, one of the black tris turns out to be a boy instead of a girl, ooops, don't know what I was looking at, must have been the lack of sleep :)

We named the puppies after movie characters. Kathy, the breeder, said she wanted to have a theme. For Pete's sake, I am lousy with names, my second son didn't have a name for 3 days after he was born :)

But the names we came up with are

Maverick (blue merle boy) (from Top Gun in honor of Iceman the daddy :))

Maguire (blue merle boy) (from Jerry Maguire) - no, I am not a Tom Cruise fan AT ALL!!!

Keating (blue merle boy) (John Keating from Dead Poet's Society)

Jack (black tri boy) (Jack Sparrow from PotC)

Annie (black tri girl) (from the movie Annie)

Gracie (black tri girl) (Gracie Hart from Ms. Congeniality)

Pixie (red tri boy) (don't remember what movie but I always wanted to name a red tri Pixie :) I saw one that I wanted to get before I got Pepper and his name was Pixie )

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Pixie will have blue eyes, because the agreement with DH is that I can keep a tri with blue eyes, I didn't only limit it to black tri }( But then again I never thought a black tri and blue merle could get a red tri. I wonder where she went when I wasn't looking :+

Lorie, are you going to be home later on. I need to ask you a few things.

Again thanks you guys for all of your support, it means a lot to me!!

Carola

AAawwww! Give each one a big puppy kiss! How cute. The little red one really stands out!!! What a good mommy and looks like a tired one too! Congrats!!!!:7

>LOVE the names - especially pixie ;-)
>
>Carolyn

I thought you would love that name, Carolyn. Maybe I had your posting name in the back of my head when I named the puppy :)

Look at this pic, I thought this was too cute!!!

260468895.jpg

Carola

Oh man, Carola - you're making me want another puppy!! They are just tooo cute! Love the names! I have my fingers crossed for the little red tri to have blue eyes. That would be gorgeous! I LOVE the photo of your son with the puppies!! How sweet!

With the red tri - Jimmy's mom is a red merle and his dad is a black tri. If I were to breed Jimmy to a blue merle female (and no, I will not be breeding Jimmy) there would most likely be a red in there somewhere (red merle or tri). So, it's not that unusual. Another litter I considers (www.crazyheartaussies.com) which was also a black tri and a blue merle came up with red merles.

Have fun! I so want to come over and play with the puppies!

Awwww... Carola they are so precious! I want one!!!:7 :+

Thanks for posting the pictures... I love seeing them & I hope you'll post more as you take them.

Carola.
The second picture is prescious, your daughter loves it, I'm sure and Pepper is brimming with joy.

Please keep us posted on new pics, I love seeing your new babies and mama. Thanks.

Carola,

Congrats! Thanks for sharing the adorable pics and the story! I just love the names!!

Take care,
Patty

That is just THE sweetest thing ... awwwwww .. how precious .. the little brown one all curled up on Mom's paw .. aaahhhhhh .. just precious!!

Congrats!!:7

Oh my god, those puppies are SO CUTE!

I am glad Pepper came through it okay. I know you were really worried about that. ((hugs))

Marie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.