Pumpkin Muffins

H

Hotspur

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has any good recipes for pumpkin muffins....Lowfat and regular muffins. Thanks!:D

Lisa

Hi Lisa

Try out this recipe for pumpkin cake. My daugher's 2 grade classroom
kept on asking for more last fall.

Pumpkin Cake

1 cup Libby’s solid pack pumpkin
3/4 cup sour cream
2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1 package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/4 cup water

Combine pumpkin & cinnamon in medium bowl. Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, sugar, oil & water in a large bowl. Mix at low speed until moistened. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes.

Stir 2 ½ cups of batter into pumpkin mixture. Alternately spoon plain & pumpkin batters into greased 10 cup bundt pan. (I usually mix it all togeher)

Bake in preheated 375 degrees oven for 40-50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 20 minutes & remove to wire rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.

Pia

Thanks Pia!

That sounds sooo good. I LOVE pumpkin. Lisa...thanks for asking!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Powermuffins

These have pumpkin in them, but also carrots. I got this from another site...trinewbies.com.

Trimom's POWER MUFFINS

1-1/4 cup all purpose flour
1-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup soy granules
scant 1/2 cup sugar
scant 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 T baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 t cinnamon
heavy 1/2 t ground allspice
heavy 1-1/4 cup grated carrots
1 cup raisins

Combine all this in a large bowl.

heavy 3/4 cup 1% milk
heavy 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
heavy 1/3 cup light ricotta cheese
Heavy 1/2 cup mashed pumpkin or sweet potato
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 T vanilla
1 lg egg white
1 lg egg

Combine all this in another bowl. Mix well.

Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add wet stuff and mix
just until all mixed. Spray a muffin tin with Pam and fill almost to the
top. Bake for 20 minutes @ 400. Remove from pan immediately and enjoy!
These are really good! I eat a couple every day. They have about 240
calories and 4.5 grams of fat and have lots of fiber & protein.
If they seem like a lot of work.....they really aren't and after a few batches it gets pretty quick! They freeze well and are great travel food! I really put a lot of carrots & pumpkin in them......really pile the cups full.......haven't over done it yet and have probably worked up to double the amount called for! They recipe really seems to lend itself to experimentation, so feel free to improvise!
Good luck baking!

There is also blueberry, chocolate, cranberry almond, and banana.

Andrea

RE: Powermuffins

Here's my fave low fat pumpkin muffin::9

3/4 cup wheat bran
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup raisins

1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg lightly beaten
1/2 cup buttermilk or low fat yogurt
1/4 cup veg oil (I use olive oil)

combine, in a large bowl, bran, flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda; stir in raisins

in another bowl combine pumpkin, egg, buttermilk and oil pour into flour mixture and combine just until mixed.

Spoon into greased muffin tin. Bake @ 400 degrees about 25 minutes.

ENJOY!!!

Take Care
Laurie

RE: Powermuffins

This sounds so great...I'm makin' them this week. The Starbucks around here sell these FABULOUS pumpkin scones that are, I'm sure, horrid for you so I'm always looking for a healthy way to get my pumpkin fix.

CinDee

I have a recipe for pumpkin bread that I and my entire family adore! I will dig it out and post it as soon as I can!! :9 Susan

Very easy ones:

Can of pumpkin
Box of carrot cake mix

Beat together. Fill muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees about 20 minutes. You could also add nuts or raisins.

I got this from someone at my WW meeting. She used chocolate cake mix. Not real big but very moist.

I am sure this would work as muffins but I usually make it in a 9x13 pan.

Easy WW Pumpkin Spice Cake / Muffins

1 - pkg. Spice cake mix ( dry )
1 - 15 oz. can pumpkin
1/2 cup water
Mix all together, put in greased pan and bake at 350 for appox. 30 minutes or until the knife comes out clean.
It is very good! I have made this during the holidays & topped with FF cool whip, its delicious!

cut in to 12 large peices - Enjoy!
3 pts each.

Pia,

I wanted to thank you for the cake recipe. I tried it yesterday, and it is great! I alternated the batters, and it even LOOKS good (it has a swirl). Anyway, just wanted to say thanks!

Teresa

Wow, ladies ALL of these look YUMMY!! I can not wait to try the ALL!LOL!!! Thanks so much for posting!
Tishee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.