Protein?

I do a recovery drink with a 4:1/ carbs:protein ratio. so I put about 1/4 of a scoop of protein powder in 8 oz of 100% juice (right now it's cran/grape).

protein after cardio workout

I occasionally have a protein shake after cardio. when i do a very challenging metabolic and feel the need to recover quickly I take it.

I take in protein after a cardio workout. I workout first thing in the morning and if I eat anything before hand I get nauseous so I need something when I get done. If you do cardio later in the day you might not need any protein afterward depending on how much you have already gotten for the day.

I have been using the Natural Whey factors for the past month, I tried vanilla and chocolate, prefer the chocolate. It seriously helps me, I don't feel sore the next day and my hair, skin, and nails are healthier. I normally drink it directly after my workout with milk sometimes i make a smoothie with it.

I do a recovery drink with a 4:1/ carbs:protein ratio. so I put about 1/4 of a scoop of protein powder in 8 oz of 100% juice (right now it's cran/grape).

I do this as well after a cardio w/o. After a strength training w/o, I use more protein, so my carb/protein ratio is reversed.

Whey makes me bloat like crazy and feel nauseous (I don't eat any dairy either for the same reason), but I do drink a post-workout shake with non-whey protein powder in it, after both cardio and strength workouts. The protein source varies between soy and a rice/pea blend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.