Protein Powders????????

gn9799

Hello Educated Crowd,

Who out there has any opinions on Protein Powders?/

Any opinions on quality, effectiveness, and choice preference (taste, etc) is welcome.

Thanks,

GN

I use a brand called "Aria", which is half whey protein and half soy protein. It has some woman-oriented ingredients as well, like folate. I add the vanilla flavor to my morning oatmeal or cottage cheese, and find that it's a great way to keep my protein levels up.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-02 AT 03:37AM (Est)[/font][p]Thumbs up for Aria! By far, the best tasting protein powder I've tasted. I use it in oatmeal, smoothies, grape nuts w/milk & blueberries - oh, and I mix it into my mashed sweet potatoes!

Alexandra

Interesting... I have never heard of Aria! Where do you get it?

I prefer Myoplex Lite. I like the chocolate and vanilla ones only though!!!! I drink both the "ready-to-drink" ones and the packets. The packets I use as a full meal repalcement in the morning and also mix w/banana, juice or milk. For the ready to drink ones I usually slam about 2/3 of it before my morning workout:)

-Pammer

I buy Aria at Trader Joe's. They carry chocolate and vanilla. I'm not to fond of the chocolate, though.

Aly

Thanks for the replies. I've been doing some research and the "taste testers" all preferred a product made my Labrada called V60.Also popular was Met Rx Protein Plus, and Optimum 100% whey. Any of these sound familiar?

For protein bars , rated high on the list were:
1/ Labrada Lean body low carb bars
2/ Ease Myoplex carb sense bars

GN

I'm surprised taste testers haven't raved about Myoplex Deluxe powdered (full meal replacement, not just protein). It comes in packets but you don't have to use a whole one all at once. They're 300 calories, but the main thing about them is the taste- by far and away great.

My ten-year-old son even likes it (the vanilla is all he's tried-I let him have some on his oatmeal instead of honey). Some stores that carry these will give you a single sample. Chocolate Cream is TDF!
-Connie

Thanks Connie,

I tried the Myoplex Low Carb ready made shakes and they were awful. But I will try picking up the mixes. Tyou

GN

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.