Protein Powder

thanks everyone for your rapid replies. I guess I'll go with ON's Gold Standard...it looks to be a favourite. :D

I bought and used the Vega but the taste wasn't for me.

There are different Vega protein powder products, with varying tastes. I like the Shake and Go smoothie (both chocolate and berry, which taste good just mixed with water, though I usually add other stuff), the Smoothie Infusion (a rather neutral flavor, good mixed in smoothies) and the Vega Sport Performance protein powder (a bit more 'artificial vanilla' flavor and a bit chalky, but not bad).

The Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer (their original protein powder) is pretty foul tasting, I agree. For me, a LOT of banana is necessary in the mix to make make it go down, and that's the chocolate. The berry is horrid, and the natural, pretty much undrinkable. It must be healthy, though, because it tastes like it, LOL! I have a tub of it around that I've had for a long time (wonder if it's expired yet? one can only hope!) and I don't know if I'll ever use it, except as a 'compost additive'!

The Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer (their original protein powder) is pretty foul tasting, I agree. For me, a LOT of banana is necessary in the mix to make make it go down, and that's the chocolate. The berry is horrid, and the natural, pretty much undrinkable. It must be healthy, though, because it tastes like it, LOL! I have a tub of it around that I've had for a long time (wonder if it's expired yet? one can only hope!) and I don't know if I'll ever use it, except as a 'compost additive'!

HAHA! That's it, that's the one I bought - the chocolate flavoured Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer and as you say it is foul tasting. :confused: I had to mix it with my Gold Standard Rocky Road to get it down, there was lots of gagging but I couldn't afford to throw it out.

I'll try the Shake n Go bags and give Vega another go.

I've got some free samples of the sunwarrior on the way, I will try to come back and let you know what I thought of the flavor.

I've got some free samples of the sunwarrior on the way, I will try to come back and let you know what I thought of the flavor.

How did you get free samples? I would like to try it but it's rather expensive.

I used to use Designer Whey. Not to bad tasting and you can purchase it many local markets.

Sunwarrior Protein

How did you get free samples? I would like to try it but it's rather expensive.

I used to use Designer Whey. Not to bad tasting and you can purchase it many local markets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was posted at the Bargin Watch over at VideoFitness.com. Not sure if still valid since I liked the page. I am still waiting but they have kept me informed that it is on the way.

SunWarrior is giving away free samples of their new protein powder.

Click the link, "Like" them on their page, choose vanilla or chocolate and fill out the form. I went for chocolate.

SunWarrior | Facebook

It's plant-based and gluten, soy and dairy free. It's also non-GMO meaning it's free from genetic engineering. Very health.

The free Sunwarrior sample offer expired a while ago.

IMO, it's the best tasting healthy protein powder to drink just mixed with water.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.