Prolapsed urethra and exercise

Hello, friends. I'm posting this because I feel comfortable and safe in this space. I'm pretty sure I have a prolapsed urethra. I hope to be able to get in to see my doctor soon. In the mean time, I still want to keep training. It sustains me and is a vital part of life.

I've scoured the internet. I know, worst thing you can do for medical issues. I know I can't lift heavy for a while and that I have to do low impact exercises. Does this mean that I have to adjust the intensity too? I currently do low impact HIIT because I have knee issues.

I'm wondering if any of you in Catheland has experienced this. If so, and you don't mind sharing, do you have any advice for me?

Thank you.

Last edited:
I 100% recommend Dr Bri Grogan, she is a pelvic floor physical therapist with a website and YouTube channel. She has a tremendous amount of free content, but if you want a step by step approach, I recommend her Lift program, available for purchase on her website. That program helped me become symptom free after the birth of my 4th child. I eventually purchased her 3 month Overcome program, which is expensive but it is lifetime access to the program and a message board where Dr Bri will directly engage you with personalized advice for your questions.

Her programs take a whole body and mind approach (including meditation), and her program teaches the importance of both strengthening AND releasing the pelvic floor, which sounds totally counterintuitive but is actually very important. I'm in no way affiliated, but I know how you feel and Dr Bri changed my life for the better. Many other (women and men) have benefited, and their reviews are available online for you to read through if you choose.

And yes, I continued my other exercises (including Cathe weights and cardio) but did make modifications so my movement patterns and weights used were supportive to my body. A fancy way of saying "listen to your body!" :) Best wishes to you!

So happy someone mentioned pelvic floor PT! You can also see one without a script from your MD (we are trained in how to look for prolapse). I would just caution doing anything without getting an individualized evaluation first, only because symptoms and compensations vary SO much from person to person: your best bet is knowing exactly what is going on in your body. I do think Dr. Bri is amazing, but as an example, I have a client now who was doing her videos but it wasn't getting to what she actually needs. It may not hurt to do them, but it would be a better use of your time to consult with someone to help your individual needs, ya know? A lot of us are doing virtual visits as well.

I recommend these 2 sites often to find a PF PT near you: www.pelvicguru.com and https://pelvicrehab.com/

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.