Progress not Perfection- Mighty in May

About 12 hrs post workout and feeling the Afterburn Booty DOMS already!

I have STS Sh, Bi's, & Tri's tomorrow, plus abs. Going to a cookout later in the day. I'm bringing homemade potato salad from Gina's Skinnytaste website, a blackberry/raspberry/blueberry pie and a key lime pie. I'm finally done with all the prepping, now everything's in the frig chillin' for tomorrow!

Thanks for posting about skinny taste again stacy. Her shredded buffalo chicken sounds good, maybe I will try that. Your food sounds YUM.

I didn't workout yesterday, I ended up busy w/ dd- we went to a rummage sale and got a microwave to temp replace my less than 2 yr old broken one over the oven. : (
And also a desk from craigs list (ikea, had to reassemble) and a dining table. Finished day w/ a date w/ new guy. Great day but no workout.

Have fun Sunday, y'all.

I didn't workout yesterday, gone part of day and was tired so took day off. Starting one month STS/LIS rotation tomorrow.

Stacy, thanks for sharing the website. I was thinking about making potato salad for dinner, but traditional is so fattening so thought about just roasting. Seeing your post makes me wanna give the skinny recipe a try, yum. Have u tried many of her recipes? They look yummy. Good job on your DOMS. How did today's go?

Fnv - did your date go well?

Last edited:
Today's workout was STS Sh, Bi, Tri and abs. It actually felt a bit easy though I seemed to be using decent enough weights, ie. 15 db's for overhead shoulder presses. Maybe it was the longer rests btwn sets. We'll see if it's a delayed soreness tomorrow!

FnV....how was your date???

Deanna...how is your weekend??

Michelle...the potato salad was a hit!! It can be very versatile too. I may play around and add some celery or maybe some shredded carrots next time. I think you're really going to like the STS/LIS rotation. Some weeks it's hard to fit in two STS upper body workouts, so I'm thinking of mixing the 1 and the 3 month combo rotations and doing more of a total upper body day when I'm short on time such as PUB or something similar. I may totally be mistaken but I think my thighs and butt are starting to look a little firmer/slimmer. (I'm just finishing "week" 3. I say "week" b/c I dont consider my workout week 7 days, I'm like a 9 day week, trying to get in the workouts before moving onto the next week)

Tomorrow is Low Impact Challenge Step. I remember fumbling around a bit with the choreography the first time. This will only be my second time doing it and it's been awhile so I'll try not to get too frustrated!

LIC is done, got the choreography a bit better this time. I think 2 more run throughs and I'll be good. Still had to hit pause to catch my breath! At least I'm getting my money's worth out of this series!

Stacy, Good job on LICh. I need to give it a run through, I haven't been able to fit in many Cathe's this month.

Michelle, You are starting the rotation today?

Deanna, are you working out this week?

I did x factor disc 3 again, for 3rd time. I should be moving on to disk 4 wed. And I had a blueberry pineapple spinach smoothie after workout.

I actually have the skinny gina shredded buffalo chicken lettuce wraps crock pot thing going, I will let you know.

Date went well. I think we have chemistry and enjoy and like each other, now to see if we can mesh our lifestyles and interests enough to spend time together.

Next day-
OK, I messed up that buffalo chicken in about 3 ways, ::facepalm:: plus, by the time I had it ready I had already eaten something else. Oh well. Today is busy work day, I didn't sleep well last night but plans are to end my day with a run followed by a dance class.

Last edited:
Good morning, happy Tuesday! I did my own Cardio Supersets premix today. I did all the supersets 1-8, but only repeated the ones that either didnt have a disc or didnt include a pushup, overall that only ended up being a few exercises overall, then I followed that with the bonus step routine and only omitted the tricep dip/leg extension move at the end. I wasnt in the mood for too many pushups or standing then down on the floor up again cardio. I followed that with the ab segment from KCM's Muscle Definition workout.

Hello Ladies :)

Today is Tuesday and I have my Gym back, today is MRT and Cardio.

I feel so guilty, I ate like a little pig the Memorial Day weekend. Now I feel like I have to start all over again with my weight loss. :(

Deanna, you'll be ok, get back on it. You've got a lot of strong fitness and good energy going to get you over this one step back. Just take your two steps forward this week.

I did a run plus a dance class and some push up and dips. Fun fun fun!!! I'm going to have some buffalo chicken mush now w/ a glass of white and watch a movie w/ kiddos.

see yall tomorrow

Hey Ladies :)

Had a great work out at the gym yesterday. My instructor has been incorporating the Disc and I have been looking at Cathe's Slide and Glid dvd. I was going to purchase a DVD and the Disc then I was like I may as well get Cathe's Slide and Glid. If you have done this DVD, what are your reviews.

All I know is when we do exercises with the Disc, I am in good pain afterwards in my Hip, Leg, Butt area.

Deanna

Today is a rest day for me.

Deanna...I have the discs but dont have the S&G workout. I do the disc exercises on carpeting to maybe it's just too slippery a surface, but for me the disc work is too killer on my knees. Maybe all the straining for stabilization so I dont slip (??) That said, I get some killer butt soreness from the LIS workouts that I do have even modifying the disc work! I've got Athletic Training on the schedule for tomorrow.

If it's any consolation, I pigged out all weekend too. It was fun, I enjoyed it. Dont beat yourself up over it. It's not the end of the world.

Hi Ladies,

Deanna - Slide N Glide is fun and of course, you get all the pre-mixes. I have done the full program and also the cardio only portion. Both are great, but I did love the disc jacks from the full program the best. It won an award in Fitness mag for best boredom buster. I would encourage you to get it for sure!

I am thinking about AT or Intensity tomorrow. I took Monday off as hubby was off (could not get motivated and he was no help :) ) and got home late yesterday then got a phone call and had to cook so by the time I was done it was past 10 so no work out for me. I am taking tonight off too - need a mind/body break tonight. So tomorrow, I will do one or the other. Since it is so late in the week, I am going to attempt starting the one month STS/LIS rotation on Monday and just get what I can in the rest of this week.

Stacy - I was concerned about my knees too with the discs, but I read some reviews and pointers from Cathe on the forum and that helped me so I haven't had problems. If you are interested, you can do a seach on the forum for the pointers and maybe give it another try?

Fnv - did you run outside in this heat? It has been HOT and humid lately. I missed my chance for walks during the spring weather :).

Nite nite.

Michelle

I did the Athletic Step Extreme premix this morning. Again, another premix I actually like more than the original workout. It was a tad shorter, omitted disc exercises but my heart rate stayed up during almost the entire workout. The original workout seems to slow things down too much with the tricep extensions etc, this one didnt have that affect for me. I'll be doing this one more often for sure!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.