PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION* MAY we reach our goals this month!

andreadaile

Cathlete
Good morning and happy May! No workout this morning, decided to "sleep in" until five fifteen yesterday and today so i can get rid of the last of the sickness that has been bugging me. I did get in two miles with the dogs last night, and have 58 miles to go to reach my goal of 150 miles of dogwalks between March 2 and May 31st. what i didn't count on is so many rainy days (we couldn't buy a drop of rain from Feb-Oct last year) and so much snow! Actually have had four big storms since March and more snow is a possibility tonight and tomorrow. only snow last year was a dusting one day in January. Sigh.

I'm going to set a weight goal of 130 for May 31st as well. Going to weigh in today and I'll tell you where im at. I'm 5'4".

Make it a great one ladies!

Hi all

Andrea hope you feel better soon. I love your goal of 150 dog walks sounds good.

Today I did X Train Legs adding the barre bonus on which was a killer. Then I mowed the front lawn and did usual houseworky stuff. Picking up our new puppy Saturday so I'm so excited.

Hope everyone is okay.

Love
Laura
x

Thanks for starting a new thread!

After wallowing in self pity and drowning my sorrows in pizza after my dressing room reality check, I'm back and it's May 1st, time to clean the slate again.

I have not worked out yet today, came home from work starving and with a headache. I did eat my allotted WW points, headache is improving and I plan on at least walking on the treadmill tonight if I do nothing else.

Andrea your goal of 130 for May 31st sounds fabulous. I'm 5'1" and was 132.4 this morning which was surprising, I figured after yesterday's pity party I'd be salt bloated and weigh more, sometimes though that is reflected 2 days later as I've learned with my body over the years. I'm at the 1/2 lb per week loss right now when sticking to the WW plan.

I'm in a workout funk as in I'm not really in the mood to follow a rotation so I'm not. I just want to make sure I do a workout, I am kinda leaning towards a 5 day a week routine with short cardios and maybe one body part per day, we'll see!

Laura, good job on the workout. Some ppl think XTrain Legs isnt too tough but I think it is, especially the disc work! The barre is also killer. I think the barre work in Lower Body Blast might even be a tad tougher! Please post puppy pictures!!

I'll report back later with hopefully some sort of workout update!

Last edited:
I went to Bible study with my parents at their church, then we went to a new pizza place, then I did some shopping for an Anniversary present/card for Hubby. Our Anniversary is on the 10 but I never think to do any shopping before the first of May and then I panic!

I got a good report from the eye Dr yesterday

Tomorrow I go to my knitting meeting at church during the morning, then in the evening to my Knit Night with my friends. I have two shawls going in case I finish one, lol.

I proudly annouce that I have maintained my 5lb loss for an entire week. Sadly for me that's big progress! TOM is next week so I expect that to be off.

Laura love to see the puppy

Stacy, my parents and I went to a new pizza place Tues and then again today! The slices were huge so I didn't finish mine today, but this had got to stop! lol.

Hi all

Peng: well done on the eye examination and the weight loss, you are doing so well.

Andrea; I won't even put how much I weigh on here. But its alot more than you lol.

Stacy: Yes X Train Legs is tough, but not as tough as most of Cathes workouts.

I was up really early for me today. 5.00am. I got alot done. Did Cathes X Train Low Impact Circuit and also the hardcore abs from Ultimate yoga. I would love to commit to the full 108 day rotation, but I don't think I could follow it that long. Also woke up this morning with cold sores, they are the most ugliest of things aren't they? Oh well hopefully they will clear up soon. I think I got them because I was stressed out last week.

I hope everyones having good days. The weather here in the UK is lovely today. I hope it lasts through the bank holiday.

Take care
Laura
xx

Good morning, planned rest day today, have appts and work late and then a baseball game! The weather looks so far so good!

Laura..did you mean Low Impact HiiT instead of circuit?? I really like the HiiT workout, but I dont do the disc work. I'm trying to do more disc work but it bothers my knees a bit and the discs dont actually glide well along my berber carpet. Forgive my ignorance, what is the "bank holiday"??

Peng, I love pizza and for me, no piece is too big, lol! I'm sure a few hardcore cardio workouts will melt away any pizza or TOM weight gain you might have.

Andrea, I really need to walk my dogs, we have no sidewalks and they chase cars and are terrible on leashes despite our obedience training. I know part of it is b/c they dont get walked much, viscous cycle. I weighed in at 131.8 this morning, I knew I had some water weight there. This is the point in my weight loss where things become VERY slow and I do tend to get a bit frustrated, but this is where it really counts!! I'm planning on a jog/walk on the treadmill plus abs before work tomorrow morning and then getting in 2 really good workouts both Sat and Sun! Though I do tend to weigh myself a few days a week, my "official" weigh in is Thursdays, I find the other days I have too much water weight hanging on from the weekend etc.

Ok, gotta go, have a good one!

Hi All

Stacy; Yes I meant X train Low Impact Hiit, sorry. Over here a bank holiday is when most people have the day off. Its May day here Monday, so most people are off work and most of the shops are shut. We just generalise holidays and call them bank holidays, as it was usually just when the banks were shut. Generally annual holidays.

Today I'm so busy. I've got to pop to the shops. Clean my carpets and get everything ready for the puppy coming tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll do X Train Bis and Tris later. Have great days everyone.

Love
Laura
xx

Morning all...it's been snowing here for fourteen hours straight. Gaaaaaah!

Woke up and couldn't find my workout shoes. Finally found them in the guest room and had time to fit in half of HiiT 30/30. Still burned almost 200 calories so that's good. Off to the shower and to work. Good thing I have AWD!

Pippa i'm so excited for you and your puppy!

Good morning, ended up not going to the game last night, hubby had a deadline he needed to make for work. You think I wouldve taken that opportunity to workout, but nope. I've actually had a headache for the past few days which is a bit unusual for me. I woke up with a headache this morning so didnt do the treadmill either, maybe it's sinus related?? Allergies possibly though I dont tend to be having any other allergic symptoms.

Andrea, that sucks that it's snowing! I saw that the KC Royals team was doing body slides across the snow covered tarp on the field after the game got called due to the weather! It's actually sunny and in the high 70's here for the past few days, too bad I'm stuck indoors working for so many hours!

Laura, thanks for the bank holiday explanation :) What kind of puppy are you getting? Maybe you mentioned it before (sorry). How old is she/he??

Peng, did you do a post-pizza workout??

We're definitely going to a game tonight, so will try to curb my game-food eating, heading there right from work. Yesterday I did good on WW points until dinner :( We both had this urge for pancakes and bacon for dinner. It was yummy but not WW friendly unfortunately.

Hi all

No workout today. We are getting puppy. Stacey; we are getting a golden retriever female pup. We lost our golden Ollie last year to bone cancer. Also we lost our beautiful Springer spaniel Pippa last year to old age. Last year was dreadful. But now we're very excited, I couldn't slep last night lol.

I'll be surprised if I get a workout done today or tomorrow.

Have agreat weekend.

Love
Laura
xx

Good morning!

Laura, I'm so excited for your new edition! I do remember now that you mentioned a Golden!

Peng, yard work today?

Andrea, how's the weight loss? I overate last night and then already today, and have a party to goto tomorrow, ugh. We're planning a vacation late August and I dont want to look pudgy in vacation pics yet again, so that is my newfound motivation!

Cant decide on a workout yet, we just got back from a last minute breakfast that a friend talked us into....too many pancakes later, I'm rolling myself in the door...that's when my vacation-motivation moment hit!

I'll report back later!

i'm sure the weight loss is nothing! working this weekend and couldn't get up to workout today. it finally stopped raining so hopefully there's a nice dog walk in my future this evening.

Laura i thought of you this morning as i was getting ready for work, knowing it was dog day! very very exciting!

Happy Sunday, leaving soon to the doggies to the park!

My Vacation Transformation begins tomorrow :)

I'm going to do a STS/XTrain/LIS/CF/TTM rotation someone posted in the Rotation Forum, I'm going to tweak it a bit assuming I'll workout 5 days a week instead of 6. It's a 12 week Rotation, anyone else wanna join in???

The weather here is beautiful (for a change), how's everyone else's weekend going so far??

good, except for the working part! i walked my dogs 4.42 miles last night after work I was so thankful it had finally quit raining! eating has been about a B+ this weekend so that's good!

Grrrr!! I posted something this morning and just now realizing it's not here!

Wasnt much of a post, since I havent worked out or eaten well all week! Life is getting in the way this week!

same here..no workout to report for the week and i won't bore you with the details of my somewhat irritating life this week...grrrr

Hi all

Sorry I've been awol, but we've been so busy with bess. Its amazing how much work puppies are. I really miss my two older dogs. Nothing beats a well established older dog in the house to help a puppy with housetraining. When we had Ollie as a pup we also had Pippa who was an adult. Ollie picked up housetraining so quickly. But I'm sure she will pick things up quickly. She's a very clever little girl.

I'm not very good at posting pictures, but as soon as I can I'll get Woz my hubby to post some.

No workout this week, I need to get back into action.

Take care everyone.
Love
Laura
xx

awwww puppy love...i remember getting no sleep for about a month!

Sinus infection, or something. Major pain in my face, going to the doc later today. :-(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.