Progress not Perfection March!

Morning Ladies :)

It is going to be 80 in Vegas today, 79 tomorrow and down to the 50's over the weekend. I am going to show off my arms with a sleeveless shirt, and my slimming body by wearing a cute outfit to work. :D

I did not workout yesterday (Wednesday), had a friend visit from AZ. I cooked a healthy dinner and visited with her and her granddaughter until 9pm.

Today is MRT/Sculpt class. My calves are killing me from Tuesday, plus I am a little tired still from work and my visitors. I have my Gym bag but it all depends on how I feel after work. If I decide not to go I will come home and do Kitchen Max (dinner dishes from last night) and then Kick Max.

Time to get ready for work, will check back this evening to let you all know what I decided to do.

Have a grrrrrrrrreat day,
Deanna

PS: Decided to weigh myself today because everone tells me that I am skinny, which I know better! I am just not 190+ pounds anymore, current weight is 178. Not bad, however I feel like I should have reached my goal weight of 160 by now. This is why I do not weigh myself.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. No workout for me yesterday but did alot of errands. I took a few days off work this week to save my sanity. It's been nice feeling human again. I did some home remodeling stuff yesterday, nothing major, cleaned the front of my kitchen and batroom cabinets/drawers and bought new drawer pulls. I bought a new bookcase for my kitchen to store all my cookbooks. Went to Home Depot for some paint samples and went to a stone/tile/fireplace showroom to look at fireplaces and new kitchen backsplashes. Holy Moly!! SO much to choose from!! Our renovations are on hold a bit, apparently we need a permit for any contractor to come in and rip out our old gas fireplace. What a pain! This project is going to take a LONG time!!!!!

Susan....how are you?

FnV....I need to do more Veggie Max, bought some at the store yesterday!

Deanna...I know what you mean about the scale. I'm trying to avoid it! It's still great to be called skinny though isnt it??!!

Michelle...hello to my fellow pear-shaped Cathlete! Do not beat yourself up over having to "only" do the LIS rotation, it's seriously tough stuff!! I'm planning on doing Athletic Training today. I'm kinda wishing I didnt sign up for this half marathon b/c I feel like I'm actually not working out hard enough for fear of making my knee ache for the race/walk. Maybe I should just go all out and not worry about it. It's not like I'm running the race, just walking.

Toni...good job on Imax3. I ended up trading that one away, a bit too high impact for me. I think I also have another workout from that series, Hardcore Extreme, that has most of IMax3 on it in various other premix combos so I could go back and piece the intervals together if I wanted to. As far as STS goes, I really like the concept of it, but honestly Meso1 really reminds me alot of Cathe's other strength workouts as far as intensity. Meso3 I have not done yet. I would need to invest in the tower or a weight bench to be able to go heavy enough for bench presses etc. But, I LOVE Mesocyle 2, it's a bit tougher than Cathe's other workouts, it has some interesting exercises and 2 of the workouts are a bit shorter that I'll sometimes just use those 2 discs only (both upper body workouts). If you dont want to make a huge financial commitment for the whole set, I think just purchasing Mesocycle 2 is a great option. I also didnt do any of the 1 Rep Max tests. For Meso 1 I used what felt like a good weight and I was pretty close each time b/c like I said it was similar to her other stuff. For Meso2 I would just bump up my starting weight, ie. if in Meso1 I used 8's for tricep kickbacks, I'd use either 10s or 12's for Meso2 even if I couldnt finish all the reps. I saw great results, then life got in the way!

have a good day!

Did Low Max today. My body was really tired, so I didn't do it full out but I did complete it. I'm going to have to change up my weekly routine next week. This week just had too much leg work!! Cathe is tough!!

Muscle Max is tomorrow. I am possibly going to do all the leg moves with no resistance since I've pretty much had a leg workout everyday this week! Looking forward to my rest day tomorrow!!

Did not workout today, had to come home and comfort my son. He did not pass the EMT course, and they gave him the option to audit the class or drop it. I encourage him to audit it and to keep going to school, because when he retakes the course he will have the knowledge to pass it the 2nd time around.

He is sooooooo sad, and it hurt my heart I wish I could make it all better for him but I can't. He has to do it himself.

I am going to go to bed and say a prayer that God comforts my baby heart.

Deanna :(

No Muscle Max today. I'm pretty sure I over did it on the leg work this week!! Instead of Muscle Max, I did an older Christy Taylor step video I have. I know it by heart so it was nice not to need to think to complete it. I'll be switching up my routine for next week, but not sure how yet.

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Hi Toni, which Christi? I have some of hers, its fun music and choreography.
I did CTX power circuits and back, abs. Kind of a slacker week, not getting wo in every day or hitting it to long or hard but keeping with it. Last nite was belly dance. I have to reload on veggie. Tomorrow.
What's on tap for this weekend everyone? Happy Friday dance to all
Ps hugs for Deanna. I see kids at college every day who are trying to get on top of their studies. Good luck to him. I know it breaks ur heart to see him feeling bad.

Last edited:
No workout today, had alot of puttering around the house to do. I painted/touched up some of the trim work. And, I thought I had picked out the paint color for the living room/dining room/kitchen (all connected, open floor plan) and the foyer and then I totally changed my mind. I'm driving my husband crazy! I dont want to get carpet until I get the wall color. We were supposed to go carpet shopping tomorrow and now I think I'm going back to Home Depot for the 4th time this week!!!!!! I'm going insane!!!!!!!!

Stacy, when I picked out carpet for my house I had a salesperson ask me if I had a degree in textiles, sarcastically. I ask a lot of questions. good luck with all of your house stuff .
Toni, I did a christi taylor this morning part of stuff heaven.
dDeanna, how is your weekend going? do you think your son will stay in the class to audit? students rarely do it's hard to make time to stay in a class when you aren't going to be able to earn a grade.
Michele what are u up too? Nice weather for us, eh?
is anyone in touch with susan I wonder how she is doing .
today I completed all step and chest and abs plus a chunk from christi taylor. my plan for next week is to do a series of circuit workouts and pure strength body parts . I'm holding off on the sts workouts for now I want to keep the focus on food, moving and staying motivated.

Today I tried a new workout, Bob Harper's Pure Burn Pure Strength....it was tough but a great workout!! The paint saga continues........

PS legs abs done, circuit blast next, maybe yet today.
Stacy still trying to choose color? U always have new workouts to try.
Progress not perfection I've lost inches, if not gobs of pounds.
Have a great weekend all.

Good Monday Morning Ladies :)

Today is Cardio and Abs at the Gym.

I was watching TV over the weekend and I would love to get Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I will add it to my wish list, no hurry.

Fnv, I advised my son to audit the class and that is what he said he will do. I will pray that he does.

Where is my Susan?

Time to get ready for work, will check back in this evening after the Gym.

Deanna

Hi Ladies,

My Grandma has been in ICU and I thought I was going to take a last minute trip up as one doctor said it was the end, but it turns out that one doctor was wrong and another said there is still hope so I will plan a trip up at some point, but not having to do it last minute. All that to say, with this going on, trying to plan, my focus, etc. I didn't workout last week. However, tonight I am starting the LIS rotation with some tweaks as needed (pre-mixes and more stretching on some days) with AB tonight. My workout room is almost completed with a TV and DVD player (just need an adjustable workout bench) so now I can workout even if hubby is home.

Stacy - thanks for your encouragement about LIS and as a fellow pear shaped Cathlete :D! I agree with you that LIS is intense enough so I don't feel I will be shortchanging myself. I do see some results from the STS/LIS that I did complete and in this season, something less time intensive is what I need. Progress, not perfection, right?

FnV - Way to go in keeping up with your workouts and food. You are right, staying motivated is the key. As long as we are getting r'dun, no matter what the workout is, I believe that is the key. Progress not perfection, right?

Deanna - have a good one at the gym tonight. What type of cardio is on the tap for tonight?

Toni - I hope you had a good weekend. What is on your schedule for the week?

Susan - I hope you are doing well and that you are getting your computer back in shape.

TTYL

Michelle

Kick Max yesterday and Low Max today!! Here us my schedule for the week

Sun: Kick Max
Mon: Low Max
Tue: Muscle Max, upper only/Core Max 1
Wed: IMAX 3
Thurs: Muscle Max, upper only/Core Max 2
Fri: GS Legs/Core Max 3

Hoping the new schedule gives my legs some rest!!

Faith - I gave Christy Taylor Solid Gold Step and Totally Cool Step

Michelle, peaceful vibes to you, grandma and family. Good luck keeping with workout and healthy choices during this time.
Toni, I have totally cool step and step heaven and another. I like Christi, but they are steady state so I don't do them as often, but fun.
Deanna hpwvwas gym? I miss Susan, too.
Stacy what was torque wo? Decide on paint yet?
Dancing with stars was good tonight, anyone else watch?
I bought veggies today, yea! Circuit blast done. Hard cuz I was tired at end of day, how do u do it Stacy?

We FINALLY picked out paint colors for the foyer, kitchen, half bath, living room and dining room soon to become a chill-out lounge room!! Have the carpeting picked out. Still have to do window treatments, an area rug, maybe new kitchen chairs, kitchen backsplash, new "lounge" furniture, vanity for the bathroom. It's going to take awhile to get it all done, but it'll be so nice!!

No workout today, had a carpenter at the house most of the morning and I feel a bit run down with a drippy throat. Hoping to try another new Bob Harper workout tomorrow called Total Body Transformation.

Progress not perfection....still seeing postive gains on my pushup ability!!

I'm going to reanalyze both the November rotation and the STS/LIS making it a GS/LIS, have to see what fits better in my chaotic schedule! I've taken a few days off work and it's been more than heavenly. It's really making me realize what is important in life and it's NOT being at work 24/7!! With less stress I've done some fun hobbies this week I havent touched in ages, went out with some friends who never call anymore b/c I'm always at work, food was not on my mind b/c I wasnt starving all day yet I didnt eat that much, ie. no stress eating. Of course having a steady income is a must with all these home rennovations! Such a quandry!

I'll be checking in when I can!

Stacy - congrats on picking colors!! That's a big piece of the puzzle out the way!

Muscle Max upper only and Core Max 1 for me yesterday. I really liked Core Max. I've done the Ab ripper x workouts from both P90X programs and they just seem ridiculously hard for no reason. Cathe's routine is tough, but I could do it! And I'm sure it will be just as effective as all the others. Core Max 2 & 3 look a little harder than the first, but I'm looking forward to it!

I'm really hoping my bathroom is done today or tomorrow. Sharing the bathroom with four kids is not terrible, but it's so much nicer to have my own space!!

Hello Ladies :)

Sorry I have not posted, that is because I have not worked out this week. :confused: I normally go to the Gym on Mon, Tue, and Thur. My Gym buddy/co-worker car was in the shop so that was my excuse to take a well deserved break. However I am scheduled to do a 5K on Saturday.

Enjoy your day,
Deanna

Hi Ladies,

Quick check in...

I didn't do AB Monday, but last night instead. Hubby has Mondays off and he asked me to relax with him so looks like I will not be working out on Mondays going forward. My lower back was hurting so I skipped a few of the chapters with burpees and mountain climbers and did sliding disc jacks instead. I still got my HR way up there and salvaged my back. I then did Stretch Max Stability Ball stretch.

I am pooped today so I unless I get a second wind later, I think I need to take a rest tonight. I will do CSS tomorrow night.

Have a good one ladies.

Michelle

This morn I did PS CST and this aft I did (classic) LIC Cardio/LB premix.

Deanna, I'm glad you have regular running scheduled. I think it is hard to pick up after a week off.

Hi to all, gotta scramble~

IMAX 3 yesterday and a new one called Step, Rhythm, and Moves(something like that). I LOVE LOVE LOVE that step DVD. I really like steady state cardio, so that workout was awesome for me. Gives my legs a bit of a break and it's fun!! I decided not to do another set do Muscle Max upper only because it was just not enough of a calorie burner for me and I don't want to add anymore time for the workout. Gonna do High step challenge tomorrow to get a second day of upper body and a bigger calorie burn. I'm not watching my diet as closely as I used to, so definitely need to make up for it in the workout!!

Almost forgot, also did Core Max 3. Loved that also!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.