PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION: Jumpin' June!!

Thanks for posting the Skinny Rules, Stacy! Good info. LOL at the good bad and ugly but the bad wasn't heinous and I am sure the ugly isn't ugly, but I know how you feel. (I was at Kohls yesterday, dressing room mirrors. ack.

Oh the dressing room would definitely be labeled "The Worst"!!

The Skinny Rules are of course things we already inherently know, but always nice to get a reminder ;)

Hi Ladies!

Thanks Stacy for posting the skinny rules, good reminder in list form. I'm game to post food, it will be good for accountability. Great job on AT and Crossfit!!! I did AT leg cardio express tonite as I could not sleep last nite so no morning workout for me. But I plan to get up tomorrow morning for some cardio, maybe SnG or Step Moves.

Fnv, your computer fixed or using your phone? How are your workouts going? Glad we had rain, but glad for some sun again.

For food:

Mon
B - protein powder, blueberries, coconut oil, chia and almond milk
S - pear and almond butter
L - Half southwest chicken wrap and fruit, pickle
D - 7% lean turkey marinara sauce over a little pasta - no time or energy to make regular for hubby then brown rice pasta for me so ate reg pasta

Tue
B - protein powder, chia, coconut oil, almond milk and blueberries
L - other half of chicken wrap, fruit, cuke and celery
S - cuke and celery with hummus
D - protein, blueberries and al milk smoothie

Good job on the food, Michelle! My friend was late getting off work and I was starving so snacked on some carrots and celery. At dinner I did have grilled salmon, zucchini and I ended up eating the rice. It's much better than the crap Ive been eating lately, but I do need to watch my carb intake. I need just enough to fuel my workouts and that's it, but I'm a carboholic!

Michelle, my computer works, but I keep getting the same error messages that began back when the site was infected. To fix, I remove all my history, cookies, etc and reboot, run virus. It seems to work, but I can't tell why or what causes it. Sometimes I use my phone to read.

My dad is coming to visit this weekend so I should plan on making some meals. Maybe Ill visit skinnytaste. Any suggestions?

Nice foodies, ladies.
Weird smoothie I keep eating - kale, almond milk, and choco protein powder, sometimes with banana, but it tastes fine.

Weider x factor disc 5 for third time complete

I lost 2.6 lbs of water weight over night! Amazing how much water those bad carbs hold on to!!

Food today, moving in the right direction. I never have acquired the taste for smoothies. I think I like to chew my food, a psychological thing I'm sure.

B--low carb/higher protein vanilla yogurt (only 3 gm of sugar)
L--grilled chicken breast, banana and 1/2 cup of raspberries
S--handful of almonds, a few celery and carrot sticks, with ~ 1 Tbsp dip
D--salad, with tomatoes, shaved parm, 1 Tbsp bacon bits, honey dijon dressing, 1 slice of "lite" garlic bread (130 cals for the bread).

Workout...35 min on the treadmill walk/jog intervals followed by the 2nd Xfit workout which was 5 pushups, 10 situps, 20 squats, rest 10 seconds. Do a total of 8 times.

Hoping I can keep this positive eating going! It really boils down to meal prep in alot of ways. I boiled a dozen eggs tonight so I have them for quick protein snacks and/or for a quick breakfast.

Not sure what's on the workout agenda tomorrow.

I lost 4 lbs in 2 days and then fell off the wagon and gained back 3 in 2 days! I let myself get too hungry, went out to dinner, at the bread appetizer, ate potatoes with the meal, went out for ice cream, then yesterday had chips with lunch, too much pizza for dinner. Yikes, my IBS is flared up, I feel bloated and the scale is screaming at me!! No workouts Thurs or Friday either :(

I'm working all weekend, hope to squeeze in something but it's always hard to workout on my work weekends. What I can do is drink alot of water and control what I put into my garbage disposal, I mean mouth ;)

I really do have some food issues, I wish it were as simple as it seems! Gotta keep on trying!

Stacy, at least you have a net loss (3 steps forward, 2 steps back is still one step forward). It just makes for a long journey.
May we all feel inspired to fuel our bodies with healthful choices. today.
I did my x factor yesterday (I'm up to week 6 and have been doing it consistently 3 x a week). I think when I finish this I will try to do a similar program using Cathe stuff or maybe I should change it up? Dad is here, probably do my next workout Sun after he leaves.

Good morning I did manage a workout this morning!! Though it was interrupted by an emergency call from work which as usual wasnt that emergent. I did the bonus step routine from LIC Step, followed by a phone call, then resumed with the Blasts section of the same workout followed by a Xfit workout which included 5 rounds of 10 tuck jumps (I subbed straddle jumps onto my 6 inch step) and 15 back extensions on the stability ball.

Breakfast....hard boiled egg, 1/2 cup raspberries, 1/2 banana

So far so good....

Way to go Stacy and Fnv!

I had no time for a workout today, lots of cleaning and decluttering. Did well on food this week, no chocolate all week.

Debating on starting the LIS rotation modified on Mon and tightening up more on food with 1-2 cheats.

Fnv, I hope u enjoy ur time with Dad.

:( I'm back up to my highest weight again this morning. I feel like I'm going to be here forever unless I starve myself. It is so frustrating and depressing. I havent worn shorts in eons.

I'm sorry, Stacy, hang in there. I avoided scale today since I've had two pizza binges this week plus cake last night.
I did MIC, just the step portion this eve. I'll do x factor tomorrow.

Didn't get to workout tonite, landlord had to come fix leak then had to cook. Had blueberry and walnuts with almond milk cereal for breakfast, two eggs and salad for lunch yesterday, baked tortilla chips with hummus for a snack, then steak, tomatoes and brownies for din. Today, protein smoothie for breakfast, pear n walnuts for snack, chicken, blk beans n br rice for lunch, homemade blk bean hummus and broccoli for snack and kale slaw and lean ground turkey taco meat for din. Kale slaw and blk bean hummus were yummy!

Chgd mind about rotation, think one month trans rotation modified works better for my schedule.

Last edited:
Good morning, I'm avoiding the scale for awhile, it really makes me feel defeated. However, I do need it to keep me in check. I didnt workout yesterday, had a headache and my legs were pretty sore, not sure if it was my Xfit box jumps or the yard work I did on Sunday or a combo. I woke up today with another headache, finally just took some Advil. I dont really get headaches unless it's a day or two before TTOTM, but I'm midcycle, I'm wondering if it's some perimenopause crap I'm dealing with.

Food yesterday wasnt too bad, a bit more carbs than I planned.

Yesterday...

B--yogurt, coffee
L--hard boiled egg, half an apple, a sliver of stupid cheesecake someone HAD to bring to work!
S--was starving after work...half a bagel with low fat veggie cream cheese
D--went out for dinner, but I had a salad with grilled chicken, but over did the drsg, and ate half the garlic breadstick along with the crispy tortilla strips on the salad

Not sure what workout to do today, depends what I feel like when this headache finally goes away!

Have you ever read/seen the fitness magazine called "On Fitness"?? I just picked up my second issue. I really like this one, actually has useful information instead of pages of glossy "fitness" models touting the last supplement.

OnFitness Magazine - fitness, health, exercise, workouts, diet, and advice with a personal training emphasis

Workout done....Upper Body premix + abs from STS Total Body followed by Xfit workout of 2 rounds of sprint 1/4 mile + 50 lunges (25 each leg, I did static lunges). My "sprint" is still pitifully be slow by runner's standards but pretty fast for me on the treadmill.

Off to run errands....

Great job on your workout, Stacy!!!

I did STS TB LB Express this morning. The thought of the total body workout at 5:30 am and the fact I haven't been consistent lately, was just too much and too long so lower body express was more appealing and worked well. I only have about 30-40 minutes in the morning for workouts and will work my way up to longer if time permits and endurance allows. For now, I am resting on our progress, not perfection philosophy!

Stacy - I am debating starting a 5 day slim down (clean, whole foods eating) on Monday to lose some inches from my pear shaped area / thighs and re-kick start my clean eating. I've been making better choices the past week, but want to stick with it. If you are interested in doing this with me, let me know and I will private message you.

FnV - how's it going with you? What is on your tap for today?

Wednesday did okay with my eating, but no workout. I had been feeling tired and had a headache for a few days. Well I started having mid-cycle spotting, ugh. I'm guessing menopause (??) this happened one other time last summer, have had my annual GYN exam after that one and all was okay. Just very annoying. Needless to say, I didnt workout Wednesday was too tired and also my legs were a bit sore from my "sprint" the day before.

This morning I did Afterburn's Double Trouble premix. I really like that one, she does intervals 1-10A and then goes thru intervals 1-10B with less pauses btwn intervals. I'm skipping the the next Xfit workout which is "100 pushups for time", well I dont have all day for that!! ;)

Tomorrow is a planned rest day. Still not weighing myself yet!

Michelle, did you send me a PM?? Just checking, I havent rec'd one, not even sure I know how to retrieve one!

Ok, off to a long day at work :(

Hey Stacy, I did send you a PM asking for your email address as I could not attach a file there. Can you send that so I can share info with you?

Hey Michelle, I got your PM and sent you a reply!

FnV....I had no idea you had sent me a PM in April, sorry, I dont want you to think I snubbed you. I really had no idea this area existed!! I saw your PM when I went in search of Michelle's. My apologies :(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.