PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION: Jumpin' June!!

I'm in- I did Weider X factor disc four. Prob do a run and some push ups and dips tomorrow while dd at tkd class. I'm missing Cathe. I'd like to do some LIS. Something hot and dirty, short and sweet - a premix suggestions for Sun?

How's everyone's weekend going?

Good Morning! I did 38 min on the treadmill...5 min walking warmup and 5 min walking cooldown, the rest was alternating 2 min faster walk, 2 min jog. Then I did abs from HR.

I've been thinking about getting 1 or 2 of the Horizontal Conditioning workouts. They look tough and intriguing. There are 3 beginner ones, a 4 volume next step up in intensity set and then a Bootcamp workout. All can be purchased individually. Here's a link with some clips....Total Fitness DVDs - Your Total Source for Fitness

Those look great, Stacy. The instructor seems charming, too. I liked the boot camp. I avoid ball work. Let us know if you get and like. I noticed she was using gliding disc thingys, too.

Speaking of charming...I stole some charming Zuzana moves from Zwow20 and also did some push ups and dips during hang time (waiting for kid) this morn. And now I've done 30 min of Afterburn (the first half of the double trouble pm). Tomorrow is disc 4 of x factor.

Deanna, when will you get your new workouts? I considered Slide and Glide for my cardio this morn but AB won out (stacy inspired)

So, Michelle, how's it going? Are you finding your groove?

X Factor disc 4 done. This disc has been odd for me, some of the moves too hard and some too easy. Checking out horizontal cond. has ultimately lead to me putting 9 new dance dvds into a shopping cart. IDK if I will pull the trigger.

I did the upper body and abs from High Reps today. Still contemplating the Horiz Cond workouts.

Well good news, I've stuck to this current rotation for 4+ weeks now, getting in 5 workouts a week, bad news....I've gained 4 lbs :( Sad but true, eating is more like 90% of the equation for me.

Week 5 of the LIS/STS rotation is an Active Recovery week. I'm going to put that off one more week as the following week will be a busy one for me, so less guilt-factor if I change it up that way.

Gotta work on stapling my mouth shut some days!! ;)

doh, sorry about the scale Stacy. The Horizontal Cond sounds really good, I hope you get the whole thing and tell me what you think. : )
Re scale, how you do feel? Stronger and more fit? Either way, good job on sticking to rotation.

I did standing part of Lower Body Blast. There are actually a lot of times I use those disks. I'm glad I have them. I did burpees yesterday in xfactor. I think the jump out part is bad for my knee. And I'm suspicious dance may be bad (shimmies on releve). Dance class later on.

Getting geared up (or as much energy I can muster) to do Premix #5 from LIC Step which is 41 min and consists of the blasts and the bonus step routine. After a long day at work, my mind cant handle any other choreography.

FvN....burpees dont seem to bother my knees. I have no clue what a shimmie or a revele is though! ;)

Got on the scale and gained 6 lbs overall, I'm sure some is water weight, but still I'm now 1 lb from my heaviest all-time weight. I'd feel more comfortable with a weight about 15 lbs lower. I feel stronger and in better shape but the love handles that are reappearing just aint lovely!

Eating today was okay so far more b/c I was too busy to eat at work! Did have a stinkin' bag of Doritos from the vending machine that was 260 cals, but that and my breakfast and lunch still is only amounting to 420 cals for the day so far, no wonder I'm hungry! I have a salad and chicken planned for later. I downloaded Bob Harpers diet book on my Kindle, always good to have some reminders. It contains some rules, one of which I read was have one day a week where you eat no meat (not sure on the grains), and I realized that I was already starting to do that with my Fruit and Veggie Thursday and was losing weight. I've been slacking lately and eating too many bagels. Carbs really pack on the pounds for me. I know what to do, gotta "Just Do It".

Deanna, Michelle....anybody home?

Morning Ladies :)

I may have to start working out from home again, I got that second job as a Senior Caregiver. Helping Seniors in their home so they do not have to go to a Nursing Home. Not sure what my hours will be other than a few hours a week in the evenings and maybe on the weekends. As you know people would need your help more during the day rather than the evenings. Orientation is Wednesday, I went yesterday and had my Drug Test, Fingerprints and started the 2 Step TB Test and will do my Physcal by Saturday.

I am fortunate to have several exercise DVD's, and a Total Gym (which I never used) at home so my efforts of exercising this past year will not fall by the wayside. If I have to toss in a DVD when I get home that is what I will do.

Deanna

PS - Sculpt class at the Gym today.

Congrats on job, Deanna. You already work hard, I hope your patients are good to you! I bet they will appreciate your help. Just find some kind of workout groove you can stick with. We have to stay in it for our health and to feel good.

I've been pretty consistent and was wondering why. I think its the short workouts, the challenge yet do ability of them, and also the preset rotation. I don't get to negotiate up or down. Something for me to keep in mind when I'm done with x factor.

Today i just did dance but it was a busy day and I didn't take time to eat anything healthy so I came home and ate way too much. I'm stuffed and tired and the scale won't love me tomorrow.

Doh, here I am responding to my own post. Well, I did the 4th disc of WXF for the third time. Hope to make some good food choices today. I had avocado and v8 and a hard boiled egg yolk for breakie - not by design but b/c it is all that is in the house! (I give the egg whites to my dog).

Congrats on the job Deanna!

Yesterday I had planned on Turbo Barre...but I ran some errands, felt really tired, ended up taking a nap, which I never do and then later, TTOTM :( So, I ended up just taking the night off.

Today was already a planned rest day b/c I"ve got stuff going on after work. So, I will do something Thursday, dont know what yet!

Eating...needs some work.

Ugh. Overate last night and ate something that didnt agree with my IBS. I felt awful last night and still feel bad this morning with sharp stomach pains. Doubtful I will get my workout done before work and I'm honestly working much too late tonight to do it later. It's looking like my active recovery week is turning out to be this week afterall. Next week I wont have much time for anything either, maybe I can use that week to really focus on eating, or not eating! :(

You'd think I'd have all this stuff figured out by now.

Ugh, sorry Stacy! I hope you feel better today. Just try to take care of yourself!
I'll prob just teach my dance class today.

Yeppers, dance class plus push ups. How is everyone else doing?

Last edited:
Happy rest and pizza day to Stacy and TGIF its Friday to Deanna!
Waves to Michelle, I hope you are out there.
I did my x factor today, starting the 5th disc.
I have some new bellydance dvds, I'm going to do one to get some new ideas for teaching class.
I have issues with my computer that I think are related to the virus that was on the site. Grr.
I'm trying the buffalo chicken lettuce wraps again from Skinnytaste gina.

Good morning, I have walk/jog intervals on the treadmill and then abs planned for this morning. Then I'm off to go out of town to my parents' aka "junk food central". I'm taking Travel Fit and my band and I'm hoping there's a quiet area to workout up there but most of my nieces and nephews will be there as well so might not get to workout, we'll see. My busy work week is upcoming so I'm trying not to stress out much and will try to workout when I can even if it's it just something short. I'm sure seeing my family's unhealthy, obese eating habits this weekend will kick my healthy eating back into gear :(

FnV...how were the chicken wraps?

Deanna...how is the new job?

Michelle...give us an update when you can.

Have a good weekend!

Hi Ladies,

I didn't work out last week, but plan to do AT tomorrow AM. Also, want to get back on track with clean eating, allowing for 1-2 cheats per week. Did fine today.

Fnv - was there another virus or is your problem from the virus a couple months ago? How were the wraps? I'm a buffalo wing fan so those look yummy.

Great job to all of you with keeping at it!

Hi Michelle!! I'll join you in AT tomorrow!! I'll also join in some clean eating!! Would you be interested in posting your meals for the next week just to get in the habit of being aware of what we're putting into our mouths??? If not, I'll post mine anyways! I need to do "Just Do It" with the eating.

I'm also feeling more fit to add some beginner's Crossfit workouts into the mix so I'm going to do the first one tomorrow as well from this site...

http://michaelashcroft.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/2-week-beginner-cf-program.pdf

Hi FvN and Deanna! How was your weekend/Monday??

See you tomorrow with some good reports. I really need a junk food detox!

The Good....I did Athletic Training followed by the first beginner Crossfit workout from the website posted above.

The Bad...I hate throwing food away so felt the "need" to use up the processed crap in my freezer. Breakfast was a "lite" Jimmy Dean breakfast bowl and Lunch was a "healthy" WW mini cheeseburger. Dinner will definitely be either a salad with grilled chicken or salmon and veggies (going out to dinner with a friend of mine)

The Ugly...looking at my thighs in the mirror!!

I just read Bob Harper's diet book, it's pretty decent. He has "Skinny Rules" as follows (the book in a nutshell plus there are recipes)

Skinny Rules:
1. Drink a large (16 oz) glass of water before every meal.
2. Dont drink your calories
3. Eat protein at every meal
4. Slash your intake of refined flours and grains
5. Eat 30-50 grams of fiber a day
6. Eat apples and berries every single day
7. No carbs after lunch
8. Read food labels
9. Stop guessing about portion sizes. Get it right.
10. No added sweeteners, including artificial ones.
11. Get rid of those white potatoes
12. Make one day a week a meatless day (can get protein from eggs, lentils, etc)
13. Get rid of fast food and fried foods
14. Eat a real breakfast
15. Make your own food and eat at least ten meals home a week
16. Banish high-salt foods (aim for <2000mg sodium/day)
17. Eat your vegetables. Just do it.
18. Go to bed hungry.
19. Sleep right.
20. Plan one splurge meal a week (but still no fast food!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.