Progress not Perfection April

Anyone getting workouts in this week? I was a no show Tues-Fri but did CCC express pm on Sat and today I did CSS and MM to catch up.
Next week I will try to keep with my rotation but use 30 min workouts during busy weekdays-Mon thru Thurs

No workouts for me yet but I"m finally feeling better!! Tomorrow I work 7am-5pm then have to go my nephew's lacrosse game. I have to get some walking in! I'm planning 6 miles on Tues, 8 on Saturday and then 10 on the following Tues and then the next Saturday is the race.

My husband and I have come up with a dinner/eating plan. Since we like our Friday pizza days so much we decided to extend that. Making room for the things life throw at us we're tentatively planning Salad Mondays and Fruit and Veggie Thursdays. He and I both felt pretty good detoxing last Thursday doing only fluids, however I did have to eat something that evening due to a headache. I didnt know if it was b/c of not eating enough or b/c of my head cold. So we modified by keeping Thursday a "detox" or "fast" type of day, but we can eat any raw fruits and veggies all day with water. Dont know if we'll designate a theme for each day, but probably not, our lives are too hectic for that especially heading into baseball season as we have season tickets for our local team and eat alot of dinners at the ballpark. We're trying to make better choices there as well.

How's everyone else doing?? I'm still itchin' to start the LIS rotation after my race is over!

Morning, and yes Fnv I went to the Gym twice last week. I was suppose to go Thursday, but my partner had relationship problems and cxl'd at the last min. I sat and listened to her and missed my Thursday class.

I have my Gym bag today and ready for Abs and Cardio. If she cancel, I am still going to go.

Deanna

Anyone getting workouts in this week? I was a no show Tues-Fri but did CCC express pm on Sat and today I did CSS and MM to catch up.
Next week I will try to keep with my rotation but use 30 min workouts during busy weekdays-Mon thru Thurs

Hi Ladies,

I hope you are all doing well. I am feeling better, still some remnants of the cold, but I am so much better and thank God for good health! Help me not to take it for granted! And to do my part by exercising and eating clean. My goals is more veggies, and coconut oil and chia seeds daily.

I like FnV have busy-ness right now so I am going to baby step myself back and also only do 30 minutes workouts as I think that is sufficient and also I would really love to get em done in the morning.

FnV - what would make me want to drink a green smoothie? Well, I am glad you asked and that you post about your veggie and healthy eating ways because it inspires me, pushes me to want to get back on track and stay on track. I have been wanting to do green smoothies for breakfast again for the longest, but just haven't done it. This morning I did add chia and EV coconut oil to my Vega Sport Protein smoothie with frozen organic blueberries. I am kind of scared to add in kale or spinach because the protein powder is already chalky, so I considered a green smoothie without it, but I need my protein so I will aim to add in some kale this week. I am sure spinach will taste better, but I have kale on hand and need to use it. But to answer your question - two things that would make me consider it / that I now will do it - one, the health benefits of getting in my greens and two, will it taste good. I hear lots of folks say the second about green smoothies.

Stacy - I am glad you are feeling better too. I am going to start the LIS rotation again tomorrow so when you start in a couple of weeks, we will both be doing it. Best wishes on the race.

Deanna - Way to go on keeping up on your workouts. And how sweet of you to be a listening hear to your friend instead of working out.

Toni - How are you doing?

I will "see" you ladies again by Wed with a good report, I hope.

Michelle :D

Evening Ladies,

Great work out this evening, I was able to do 3 miles in 45 min. Not bad, my speed on the Treadmill was between 3.8 - 5.0. I also completed my 30 min Abs class.

Tomorrow is 60 min MRT and maybe another 3 miles on the Treadmill.

Deanna

drive by for me this am- 4DS bootcamp done 30 mins of drills pretty fun - I couldn't muster the oomph yesterday afternoon, plan BM2 power circuits and leg drills for a 30 min leg workout this aft to catch me up, so hopefully bbl

Salad Monday went well, in fact, I had my first real good food day in awhile.

B--almonds, coffee
L--carrots, celery, low fat dip
D--salad with romaine, shaved Parm, grilled chicken, red peppers and small amount Caesar dressing
S--almonds, WW ice cream bar (80 cals)

Today I did my first walk/workout in about 6 weeks! I walked 6 miles on the treadmill and then went outside and did yardwork. I have no doubts that I will be sore tomorrow. Hubby and I are going to a baseball game tonight, the weather is sunny, a bit chilly, but looking forward to relaxing.

Food today...not much. Some Gatorade, piece of WW string cheese, and yogurt.

Tomorrow I'm planning on an upper body workout and abs.

Evening Ladies :)

MRT/Sculpt class kicked my butt the entire 60 min this evening, then I completed 2 miles in 27min on the Treadmill.

Wednesday is normally rest day, however I am thinking about taking the dog for a walk after work.

Deanna

My 19 year old son looked at me this morning when I was on my way out the door for work and said "Ma, are you losing weight"? You just do not know how that made me feel. I have been so disgusted with the scale, I buried it deep at the bottom of my closet....LOL So, when my wonderful son made that comment it made me feel that my hard work has not been in vain, because a SISTA been working hard at the GYM. :)

LOL, Deanna, that is awesome! and one of the most meaningful sources of a compliment.
Plus you are a good friend to miss the gym for a friend in need.

Stacy, really? that is a long time w/ no workouts, I did that at the end of last year when I got busy with Stats class. Ouch! Or did you just mean no training for the marathon?
I know you are looking forward to LIS and getting through your race. I like Salad Mondays!

Michelle, kale frozen half banana unsweetened almond milk w/ a 1/2 scoop of a protein powder is one of my faves but I agree, it probably depends on the protein powder and how thick it gets, plus they sometimes act differently if you blend them vs shake them. You could do two smoothies, think of it as your meat protein on one side of the plate and your veggies on the other?? and ps, I think that my kale smoothies taste like freshly mowed lawn! So I am not sure if that is all that helpful!

Well, I am not even going to pretend to workout today but yesterday I did finally get to my leg workout - the power circuits in BM2, which didn't really feel like full hard leg so I added 300 walking lunges and 25 static lunges R and L later in the eve and called it good enough til next time.

I'm just finishing up a salad w/ Hidden Valley light ranch dressing (label says betcha can't tell its lite and its true, I can't). Tomorrow is upper body, I think I'm doing the upper body from BM1 or 2 plus the abs, should right at 30 min.

Take care all and waves to Toni.

Hello everyone. Sorry I been MIA.

Deanna, what a lovely comment from your son :) That has got to feel good!

I started a GS rotation this week. So far I've done KickMax, GS Chest and Tris, IMAX3, and GS Back Shoulders and Biceps. Tomorrow is LIC and I'll finish the week up with GS legs. My legs are toast from IMAX3 yesterday! I'm really liking the GS workouts. Those upper body workouts are tough. Hoping for a bit of definition before I leave on my cruise in about seven weeks. Can only get so much definition in seven weeks, but I'm going to do my best!!

Diet is a slight problem for me right now. I need to lock it down. I bought a bikini for the cruise and my belly will not be wrinkly when I wear it dang it...LOL! I did good yesterday and today will be another good day. We are having a luncheon at work on Friday at the Cheesecake Factory. I'm seriously considering not going. I may go only because I see they now have a new lower calorie menu. I'll see how I feel Friday.

Keep up the good work everyone :)

FnV...yep, it's been 6 weeks since ANY workout. Sad, but true.

Deanna...awesome compliment! Your hard work is paying off! Keep it up, SISTA!!

Atom...when I goto Cheesecake Factory, I usually get the "Energy Breakfast" (even for dinner), it's Scrambled Egg whites, served with grilled chicken, and spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms on the side. There's a "Skinny-liscious" menu as well with alot of salads etc.

Today was Fruit & Veggie Thursday and did pretty well!

B--nothing but coffee was running late
L--celery, carrots, red pepper slices with small amount of dip
S--small brownie (darn someone for bringing them into work!)
D--fruit salad with banana, apples and raspberries, with a side of some almonds and cheese cubes (not fruit or veggies but was a good "side dish")

Hoping to workout Saturday!

TGIF, I am soooooooo ready for my weekend!!!!!!

Today is going to be my 1st day going to the GYM on Friday. I am scheduled to be there 2 hours all Cardio. From 4pm - 5pm Treadmill and from 5pm to 6pm a BodyCombat Class with my coworker. If she does not show up, I am just going to do Treadmill which will help me get ready for the big Cancer Race on the 5th.

Have a good day
Deanna

Hello ladies, I thought I would just add to this post.

I did not like Body Combat, do not think I will be taking that class again. However, I am thinking about going to the GYM 4 days per week Mon, Tue, Thur, Sat. There is a MRT & Step I Class I would like to try on Saturday. I will not be able to go this Saturday May 5th, due to the fact that I am going to do the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.

I hope you all have a great Monday
Deanna

Last edited:
Hi girls, thanks for the bump, Deanna. I like the 4 days a week plan at gym. Also, good for you for finding what you like there and not forcing something that doesn't work for you.

I'm checking in with "workout intention" this morning. BBL w/ report. Have a fit day, all!

Last edited:
Thanks Fnv :)

Are you going to create a new Forum for the month of May??

Hi girls, thanks for the bump, Deanna. I like the 4 days a week plan at gym. Also, good for you for finding what you like there and not forcing something that doesn't work for you.

I'm checking in with "workout intention" this morning. BBL w/ report. Have a fit day, all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.