Progress not Perfection April

Faithnveggies

Cathlete
Our story: --> Bringing back the Susan touch to the checkin, I copied from our first month in Jan

Our group mantra is "Progress, not Perfection"

We strive to eat healthy foods (non-processed as much as possible), do our workouts on a regular basis and drink 64 oz of water daily. We know that we won't do it perfectly every day...but we don't beat ourselves up if we don't do it perfectly.

We also cheer each other on with our successes. Success for one is inspiration for all.

So here's to continued success! We CAN do this. We ARE doing this !!!

Water, Just Do It (exercise), STOP IT (reaching for junk food)

So, some of us are starting the 4th month of this check in. How's it going so far this year?

I've definitely had progress and not perfection. I'm eating better overall, consistently working out and I have improved fitness. Today is a "cardio blast" day on my rotation, I'm leaning toward BM2 cardio premix for the fun and familiarity factor.

Yep, I did BM2 Cardio Blast premix! Fun music and tough but I made it to the end- that is one of my fave cardio steps along w/ LIC cardio ts. I've recently come to realize that she does a "power dig" move not a "power jig" which is what I always thought she was saying cause it is a bouncy springy step. But I'm not really sure, is it a dig or a jig?? shrug- I just try to keep up.

Posted in the old thread(thanks for the heads up!!). Here is my post for yesterday....

Kick, Punch, and Crunch today. LOVED IT!! It was just enough high impact to ease me into the week without killing my legs on day 1. I think this is how the rest of the week will go...

Mon. - Cardio and Weights
Tues. - Rhythmic Step
Weds. - High Step Training
Thurs. - Step Blast
Fri. - not sure yet, but some weight workout from the LIS that I have coming tomorrow :)

Oh, painted my bedroom this weekend. Loving it!

Morning Ladies :)

Yesterday (Monday 4.2.12), 1 hour Cardio (30min Treadmill & 30 min on Bike), then attended the Abs class.

Today is MRT Class (Muscle Resistance Training), which is 1 hour and 30 min Cardio after.

I remember when I first started going to the Gym, I was wishing I had a workout Buddy. Now I am going to the Gym with 2 ladies (Kristy and Shelly) from work. :) Kristy is in great shape, she also keeps me and Shelly motivated and encouraged. Kristy is also the person that encouraged me to participate in the monthly Races.

Shelly wants to kick up her workouts at the Gym, from 3 to 5 days per week. With the weather getting hot in Vegas going to the Gym 5 days per week may work to my favor for the summer months. I do not feel I will be able to participate in the monthly races due to the Las Vegas HEAT.

Deanna

*****Where is Susan?*********

Deanna, I am happy you have some fellow gym buddies - I got used to working out outside in the heat but now my stuff is inside instead of on the patio. I'd rather have the room than the AC but I won't complain too much.
Me and my girlies are volunteering for helping out on a 5k in May--I guess handing out water and stuff? IDK yet.
I hope everyone is hanging in there.
I was going to post after an evening workout, but I don't think that is going to manifest, so today, just a quickie this morn before work- LIS SG cardio and core. I'd started off doing BM2 bootcamp premix to hit my upper body but I just wasn't feeling the flow and I needed to be done and ready to hit the shower so I changed it up.

Evening Ladies :)

60 min MRT class and 30 min of Cardio (15 min Treadmill and 15 min Bike). My stomach is killing me from the Abs class yesterday and my butt is hurting from the bike.

Wednesday is Rest day maybe?

Off to the shower and Bed.
Deanna

PS: 64oz of water today :)

Hello everybody! Been doing good with the workouts. Monday was Cardio and Weights. I decided to do Step Blast yesterday and I'm about to do High Step Training now. I've been reviewing my new DVDs and I think I will be doing Total Body Trisets on Friday. We'll see. Love that I have so many options!

My family is going on a cruise in June. I'm trying to decide if I want to put in the effort to shrink my waist that last 1/2 - 1 inch. That would really show off the abs I'm developing with Cathe. I just don't know if it's worth the effort. For me it's all in the diet. It's a lot of planning to make sure your eating the right foods. And I'm really enjoying a more relaxed diet. Just be conscious of what I'm eating and keeping it healthy 80% of the time and not over eating. Still thinking.....

All I've gotten done is dance class (today), I'm behind in workouts so tomorrow morning for sure. I don't feel too guilty since I've simply been taking care of bigger priorities, rather than merely procrastinating and I'm anxious to hit it soon.
My dad is coming to visit so maybe I will do a run or something while he is here rather than try to do a Cathe. I've been tired and trying to catch up on sleep all week since Sun .
Side note, I met a woman today who just turned 50 and literally looked about 39/40. She was overall fit anyway but she said her skin improved, plumped up as she started using her vitamix- greens plus, etc. I'm not exaggerating at all, she didn't just look good for her age, she looked downright youthful. Note to self, reload at veggie stand.

Hello Ladies :)

Thursday 60min MRT class and it was difficult becase my stomach is still sore from Monday.

No workout Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Enjoy you weekend and Easter Sunday Ladies.

Deanna

I sure do miss Susan :(

Deanna, still sore from Mon? Ouch! But you know me, I love when it hurts so good.
I completed Athletic Training today as my circuit but considered CW b/c I wanted some traditional upper body wt train, too. My next Cathe should be a bootcamp, prob Sun afternoon.
I missed a few days this week, so I am thinking about how it can be tough to get the party started again, so best wishes to those who are missing right now because of family issues. I hope all resolves soon and for the best.

Yesterday was Low Max and today was AfterBurn. AfterBurn was intense. I made it through with only minimal modifications. Looking forward to doing that one again!

I'm just checking in to say Happy Easter. I hit the veggie market and reloaded on Sat, now to get the workouts going. I'm using the family cop out excuse for missing my workouts this weekend- I'm just gonna put the chocolate bunny behind me and move on~~

KPC today. Felt really strong in my punches and kicks. Flexibility, balance and strength are def getting better in this one. I think the week will look something like this....

Mon - Athletic Training
Tue - Step Blast
Wed - Total Body Trisets
Thur - Rhythmic step
Fri - AfterBurn

Hope everyone had a fabulous Easter!!

How was your Easter weekend? My weekend was very enjoyable, I joined a Community Garden and we planted several different veggies on Saturday. I am eager to see the fruits of our labor. Hopefully we will be able to Harvest some veggies within the next 3 months.

After gardening, I came home and smoked some meat for my Easter dinner. Oh my, that meat was soooooooooo good.

Today (Monday 4.9.12) is back to the Gym for my weekly Abs class. Last week my stomach was soooooooooo sore from this class. Hopefully I will not experience this, this week.

Deanna

Deanna, your dinner sounds wonderful as always. I hope you aren't too sore but I bet you will still have an effective workout. A whole class for abs? wowsers.

I did drillmax today that was my bootcamp workout. I usually do the cardio premix which is very intense, imo, but this was tough, too. I had to modify the pushups.

Stacy and Michelle, are you guys doing ok? You are both missed.

Nice workout plan, Tony- sounds fun.

Athletic Training today for the first time. Holy cow!! Those first 30 minutes are tough in terms of pace and heart rate! Second half is easier on the heart, but just as tough. I really liked this one!

I tightened up my diet today to help counter some of the weekend festivities! Don't want all my hard work going to waste!!

Question for you all. Do you do a fixed rotation for a certain period of time before changing it up with your workouts? Or do you just wake up and do what feels right?

Yesterday was a good day at the Gym, 2 miles on Treadmill, 5 miles on Bike and 30 min Abs.

Today 4.10.12, 60 min Sculpt Class then 30 - 45 min Cardio.

We are doing it ladies, and I can finally see some small results after 8 straigth months of working out. I am still working on my diet, however I am eating much, much better.

Deanna

Hey everyone! I wanted to pop in say "hi". I've had so much stuff going on with work, family, home repairs etc that I havent put much time into my workouts and my diet is not horrible, just not being strict or over-thinking things. I'm still following along with your posts every few days, but right now, I'm not finding too much time to devote to the forums :(

Keep up the good work! :)

I hope to be back more often when I'm done walking my half-marathon which is in May.

Deanna, you are doing great, doesn't if feel wonderful to see results?
Tony I like AT also and agree w/ your assessment. My "go to" rotation is to hit all my body parts at least once a week and get in a variety of cardio using my favorite workouts. Now I have so many Cathe that I am trying to use them all. I've only followed posted rotations a few times. Right now I'm doing my 10 workout rotation.
Stacy, hang in there, I'm glad you are keeping up with us and we are thinking of you.
Waves to Michelle~~ : )

Total Body Trisets today. Just wow is all I can say!! That upper body split was tough and is really gonna work!! I can't wait to see my results after three weeks of this. I think I may have to keep this one in the rotation for another three weeks after that!!

So I've decided to go ahead and lose my last inch before my cruise in June. I've started to tighten my diet this week. I'm already working out six days a week, so no adjustments needed there. Wish me luck :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.