PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION: APRIL FLOWERS

I did weigh-in and I'm down 4.4 lbs in 2 weeks, most of that was the first week with water weight, but I'll take it! This is where my weight loss begins to creep along and when I need to stay positive and persistent!

I didn't do all of To The Max but I did a big chunk. I did...

Warmup
Solid Step
Step Tabata
Compound Legs
Bonus Fitness Tabata
Core

I couldnt muster the energy for the 15 minute 30/20 HiiT but I think I'll do that tomorrow as an add-on after my Bi's and Tri's workout.

Ok, off to shower and hit the road!

Nice job Stacy! I took the dogs on a walk, just over two and a half miles, it was so humid and no breeze...almost hot already! ugh! Getting the house ready to sell so doing lots of decluttering today, and laundry. Planning on something fun before work tomorrow, maybe an LIC premix?

Game food, enough said.

This morning I did XTrain Bi's and Tri's, followed by the warmup and the 30/20 HiiT from To The Max, then did the 15 min ab section from Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior. The 30/20 even on a 6 inch step and modifications was still more 30/40 for me!! Got a nice, sweaty workout in 14 minutes though! The abs were also good, I did skip the last 2 minute plank section. I do not have flexible wrists and I was already feeling some twinges from the tricep dips from Xtrain, and honestly I was jus too darn tired!!!

Tomorrow is a planned rest day :)

Back on the WW wagon today!

I spent a lot of time yesterday weeding, I filled two 5gallon buckets! I didn't do much out there for the past two years and now its catching up to me.

I'm trying desperatly to finish knitting a shawl for the wedding Sat, I only have another foot or so to go! ack! Here's a link! Ravelry: patchworkpenguin's Waves of wheat wrap

Stacy, congrats on your loss! great job!

Andrea, its 70 here already, 90+ isn't far behind! I'm trying to enjoy the cool while I can. Its funny how humidity make me feel colder in the winter and hotter in the summer!

Hi

Can I join you? I was attracted to the title of your check in. I'm in the UK and I've been out of action for 8 weeks due to a toe operation. But I had the pin removed yesterday and the consultant gave me the go ahead to get back into my exercise. So today I thought I would start the 90 day Low Impact/ X train Rotation. I did Burnsets chest, back and shoulders, followed with 20 mins of kettlebell swings. Thirty seconds on 45 seconds rest. I can't believe how weak I am. I had to really lower the weight for chest press and my right shoulder was very weak. So I'm taking it easy. Also I'm back on weight watchers today and my points are 28, but I've been good so far.

Regards
Laura

Welcome Laura, glad to have you join us! Dont' I know you from VF? I haven't been working our recently, then I started working in the yard weeding the backyard and doing a general cleanup from winter. I tend to modify my workouts for low-impact and and I skip a lot of the the up/down moves such as burpees. But Cathe makes even hard work fun, and I do tend to work harder for her than any other instructor. :D

Welcome, Laura!! I'm sure it feels great to be back from an injury. Have you done the Xtrain workouts before?? I love them, especially Burn Sets! I'm not following any set in stone rotation as life gets in the way and stresses me out when I "miss" a day of a set rotation. I do tend to gravitate towards XTrain and LIS these days though. I generally am trying to workout 5 days a week and include yoga one day a week. Hard to fit it all in!! I'm so glad you are doing WW's as well. I did it for the first time a few years ago when PointsPlus just started, then fell off the wagon. I'm actually starting week 3 this week. My points are only 26, gotta make every point count! I generally dont use Activity Points, I find it's too easy to overestimate those and get in trouble. I use pretty much all of my Weekly Points, saving them for weekends.

I bought a new pair of workout shoes today! I bought the same blue Rykas that Cathe is wearing in Cross Fit. I had to order them b/c the store was out of my size in that color, but I tried on an alternate color and they feel great! I'm finding I'm having some lateral foot pain with cardio lately and I'm guessing that my current shoes which are running shoes are the culprit.

Andrea, what's on tap today?? How's your doggie feeing these days?

Peng, I was going to do some yardwork today, it got up to 80 degrees, unseasonably warm, but it is so dang windy that everything keeps blowing away! Your shawl looks very intricate! I have no skills!

Food today...not much but point friendly so far.

B--3 point glass of chocolate milk after my workout
L/S--mixed nuts 6 points

Had a ton of errands to do today so didnt have much time to eat.

D--will be grilled pork chops with a dry rub, with grilled tomato slices, and grilled asparagus and for dessert grilled pineapple slices sprinkled with cinnamon :) Best part, hubby cooks and cleans up whenever we grill.

Last edited:
wow nice little group we get going here!

welcome Laura! I'm on the mend a bit myself with a tender Achilles, have to be very careful with my form and keep it low impact. Great to have you join us :)

Peng I need you to tackle my yard! We had a bad hailstorm the other night and our yard is full of miniscule little sticks now from all of the broken tree branches. Ugh what a mess! Supposed to get more storms tonight...maybe they will blow all those sticks away :)

Stacy your dinner sounds awesome. I think I'm having a big salad with some salmon in it. Or maybe a crab cake...

This morning's workout was timesaver from gs back/shoulders/biceps, and then just got in from a warm and windy dog walk. I hate it when the wind blows my hair around and my face is oily from being at work all day, and then my hair just sticks to my face...drives me nuts! i think i burned a few extra calories brushing my hair off of my cheeks and forehead.

okay y'all have a great night!

Hi all

Well I was supposed to do Cathes Low Impact Cardio Supersets, but I subbed for KCM Cardio Quickfix workout 2, which was doable but tough. I'm feeling way out of shape. Also strangely I can't do a push up. It was my right foot that was operated on and right is my stronger side, but my right shoulder seems alot weaker than my left. I know that sounds strange but I wonder if theres a link, possibly because my core strength has altered. Very odd I'll have to ask my physio friend.

Peng yes I do go on the videofitness forum. Trouble is on there are alot of enablers and I end up buying more dvds than I need. lol.

Andrea good luck with the decluttering. I need to do some myself but I'm not very good at housework or organising myself.

Stacey yes I'm trying to stick with the WW but its tough. I feel particulary hungry today.

Its good to see that you all have dogs. We lost both our dogs last year. Our springer from old age and our golden retriever from bone cancer. Last year was horrendous. Our dogs were very much part of the family and as we don't have kids, we loved them just as much as children. However, we have got a golden retriever girl puppy coming the end of April, so we're so excited. We're going to visit her again Sunday.

Anyway have great days everyone and I'll catch up tomorrow.

Laura
xx

Laura, just do what you can, every day is a new day. Just don't ever give up! yay! I'm so excited for you, getting a new doggie...jealous :)

This morning i did the cardio blast premix from LIC, so much fun I blame it on the boogie!

I did finish the shawl last night! I took it to Bible study today but didn't wear it, I was too hot!

This week is the last week of the Community Bible study that I attend, so I'm sad that its the end of a season of my life but happy that its summer. Its been a difficult year. But I get to look forward to trying something else.

Laura, glad you hear about your Puppy

Our dogs are definitely our babies too!! You'll have to post your baby pics!

Today was a planned rest day, likely going to do legs and abs tomorrow morning before work. It's been awhile since I've done a straight leg workout, I've been doing more plyo/cardio/leg type of workouts.

Pippa, your strength will come back, try not to overdo it! We went to Panera for dinner. I got the roast beef sandwich with chips....22 points just for that! Thank goodness I got the sandwich with no mayo and no cheese, so a few points less. I had 2 points for breakfast and 3 for lunch, so stayed within my 26 points, but geez, some days I feel like I cant eat anything "good" without either going way over or only eating one real meal a day! I'm not giving up though b/c I'm feeling less flabby and I'm realizing that I just cannot pig out like I used to in the good old days! :(

Andrea, I like that premix too!

Peng, yeah doesnt like shawl weather!

Well, my little friend insomnia paid me a visit (never been a good sleeper, even as a child so says my mom). Finally got to bed around 2am, but alarm went off at 6:30am to workout and it just wasnt happening. I've got plans after work so today's workout is a no-go. On the bright side, the number on the scale this morning continues to go down as I'm sticking pretty closely to my WW's points. Knowing that for me diet affects my weight loss more than exercise makes it easier not to beat myself up over not getting in my workout :( :)

morning! i'm off work today and have plans to get lots of work fine around the house. I was going to do a lower body workout but think I'm going to just do a long dog walk later today. Feeling a little sore from the blasts in yesterdays workout and don't want to overdo things :)

thanks for the mental note Stacy about eating better having such a big effect...really going to watch it today :)

Hi all

Stacy sorry about the insomnia. I also get bad insomnia and my doctor has given me sleeping pills when it gets really bad. But I try not to use them much as they can be addictive.

Andrea have a good day off. I also need to keep my diet in check. Even though I'm doing ww, I often go over my points and my portion control is not good.

Peng, you sound very creative making shawls. Unfortunately I'm not very practical. lol.

I was supposed to do Cathe Low Impact Trisets lower body today, but my whole body is aching, so I swapped for Xtrain biceps and triceps. I'll do the joint friendly lower body premix tomorrow. I can't belive how weak my triceps are. My biceps aren't so bad, but my right tricep is like jelly.

I've been hungry today so tonight I've had a green smoothie of spinach, vanilla whey, carrot, cucumber and chia seeds with a bit of lemon juice and water. Its a bit of a mixture but was quite nice.

Going to read my book in abit as there is nothing on the tv. Oh well I hope you all have good days and a better nights sleep Stacy.

Laura
xx

Hi All

We'll yesterday was Cathe's trisets lower body and it wasn't too bad. I'm due to do LIS cardio challenge, however I may change it.

Last night I binged on chocolate also I had a couple of drinks. Tonight we are out bowling with some family members. To be honest I'm not mad on bowling, but we are celebrating a relatives birthday so its sort of compulsory lol.

Hope you all have good wekends.

Laura
xx

Friday was a rest day and my splurge dinner night. Good for the mind, the soul and my appetite!!

This morning, when I muster up the motivation and after a cup or two of coffee, I plan on doing Athletic Training. Tomorrow will be yoga.

As Thursday morning's weigh in, I'm down 5 lbs :) It's been tough, but I'm still motivated!!

Just did Jeanette Jenkins' Power Yoga, it was long but good!

I overate yesterday, not tons but definitely had the munchies! Half a doughnut and some Cheezits in addition to a not so healthy dinner. I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.