Problems With Certain Videos in Workout Blender

Hello,
I don't write on these forums but I feel that I have to because I'm having a really difficult time getting the workout blender to work with all of my digital versions. It's driving me crazy. Lol. I probably have bought every digital version (as well as hard copy) of Cathe's DVD's. The reason I bought all the digital versions was so that I could create completely unique workouts perfect for my needs and tastes. However, I've found that some DVD's easily are mixed and matched, while other get stuck at 10% and never get created. I've come to realize that I believe that for some reason there are some digital workouts that are not yet compatible with the workout blender. I can understand that it will take time to fix all these glitches in compatibility but it would be incredibly helpful if someone could post a list of the workouts that can't be used in the workout blender just yet. That way I would know to not count on those when trying to put togetter a personalized workout.

Thanks for hearing me out on my very first post after years of just reading others.
I hope that I can get some help on this issue.

Hi,

Over the last few years, there have been a few videos which have had problems in the Workout Blender, but over time we have gradually re-encoded and re-posted updated and corrected files. At this point, Step N Motion 1 is the only remaining video in mp4 format which might cause problems in the Blender (has to do with the process of going from tape to digital files) and we recommend not using it in the Blender. Other than that, if videos are staying at 10% for a long time, I assume that you have tried letting them go for a while, because when videos of different resolutions are being blended, it can take a long time to re-encode the files (sometimes triple the actual running time of the workout, depending on your computer's processor's speed). If there are specific files that you are having problems with, however, please let us know and we can look into it and also make sure that you have the most current versions. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for the quick and helpful response. You are correct in that I allowed the blender to run over night and when I awoke the video had been created. =)

However, the digital versions from my first preorder with both digital and DVD copies that I made, have never been able to even be inputted into the workout blender. The video files are: High Reps, Intensity, Intensity Bootcamp (add on), Lower Body Blast, Lower Body Blast Leg Drills (add on), STS Total Body, STS Total Body Compound Back (add on), STS Total Body Compound Chest and Shoulders (add on). Every time I drag these video files from the same location as my other ones I get the following message: "This video format is not supported. Please visit Cathe Downloads to purchase videos that work with Cathe's Workout Blender". If all the other files have already been resolved except for Step N Motion 1, then I would really appreciate the help in getting this issue resolved. Thanks again.

I am having the exact same problem as described immediately above. I can import only the Low Impact Series along with Crossfire and To the Max, but I can't import any of the other downloads I purchased from Cathe.com. I get the same message as Dimples - "this video format is not supported etc". I bought the STS cardio series, the Intensity/HighReps/Lower Body Blast/STS Total Body series, all in both DVD and download format so I could use the Workout Blender. I've preordered the new series, again ordering both DVDs and downloads. And I've also bought some downloads separately (for example, STS Plyo Legs) so I could work with those using the Blender as well.

Could you please let us know what might be the problem?

Lurdes

dimples041 and MariaLurdes, I will look into the problem and get back to you with those particular titles. I think that the problem might be stemming from a bad preferences file but want to check before I give you a definite answer. Please bear with me through the next few days since we are hosting the Road Trip here and preparing for it, but I will get back to you soon!

I am having the exact same problem, with the exact same workouts as the 2 previous posters. Can't wait to hear back from you Chris.

linda

Hi,

I have had some time today to check out all of the videos that you have mentioned, and have been able to successfully import all of them into the Blender. Just to make sure things were correct, I also successfully incorporated them into my own premixes and tried the videos on my iPad. Since we have eliminated the videos themselves as the culprits, and the fact that all of the problem files come from the same series, I think that one of the pieces of software and/or a preferences file is either corrupt or out of date. I would like you to try the following process to see if it clears up the problem and let me know what happens. Please follow the steps exactly and in this order:

1) Follow the process noted at http://cathe.com/forum/f122/users-80%-complete-videos-not-importing-problems-280095/ to remove your preferences files (Please note that if you have created an premixes in the Blender, the ability to edit them will be gone. However, the premixed videos created will not be deleted and will still reside where they did before doing this step.). Do not delete any of the video folders like you might see suggested in the forum thread.

2) Go to your control panels and click on Programs. Choose "Workout Blender" in the list, and click on Uninstall to remove the old software. Re-boot your computer after this step.

3) Go to http://cathe.com/workout-blender/ and re-download the Workout Blender installer, then install this most current version.

4) Go to http://get.adobe.com/air/ and download the Adobe AIR 3.3 installer, then install this most current version.

5) Re-boot your computer again and then try importing the problem videos. Hopefully they will import, but if not, please let me know and we will continue to troubleshoot.

Thanks for trying, Curt, but I'm afraid those videos still don't import successfully for me. Did anyone else have better luck?

Lurdes

Sorry that did not work. I think at this point I am going to pass on the information to the programmers so they can do some detective work. We just found out that the newer libraries are almost ready for release, but even at that it will take some time after they are released to create new versions of the Blender. Hopefully this new version will be able to address some of these issues.

Last edited:
Hi,
I just tried again and these are the ones that won't download into the WB: Lower body blast
Intensity
Intensity bootcamp
STS Total body
STS Compound chest and shoulders
STS Compound back

I was able to download
Lower body blast -leg drills
High reps (but he dvd cover won't show-it still plays fine though)

I'll be following the thread with hope it can be resolved. Thanks for your help!
linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.