Pregnant. .

smgfit

Hey Cathe, even though I'm not new to your workouts this is my very first posting. I've just found out that I'm 2 months pregnant. I have worked out up til now, but have been losing energy daily. I wanted to know if you had any suggestions for working out as I see how you look and would like to try and bounce back, and know keeping up my fitness routine is critical. Working out gives me energy but starting is where my problem lays recently. Any thoughts on diet, to keep my energy all day and a workout routine that will keep me in great shape though my pregnancy?
By the way I'm 25 yrs old, 5'5 and 135. I've worked out 5-6 days a week approx 1-2 hours a day for over 4 yrs now so I'm in pretty good shape, just beginning to gain a few pounds. Thanks so much for any input you can give.
Suzie Johnson
Las Vegas, NV

Hi Suzie,

I am not Cathe, but I am the moderator of the FitMoms forum on this site and would like to invite you to become part of our moms community. I suggest that you read through all of the wonderful information on that forum. It will answer a lot of your questions. The women are wonderful and very helpful to newcomers over there.

I will reassure you that what you are experiencing in perfectly normal for the first trimester. Once you move into that second trimester, you should have more energy.

Make sure that you pay special attention to your pelvic floor. It is so important to engage your kegel muscles whenever you do any weight bearing exercise. That way you won't have to worry about looking in the adult diaper aisle to help with any "leakage" that you may experience. Unfortunately, many women think that it is normal to experience incontinence as a result of being pregnant. Not so!!!!!

Feel free to post on the FitMoms forum any additional questions that you may have after reading through all of the information on that part of the site.

Good luck!

Sheila

Congrats on the baby news! Be very careful when working out while pregnant! I had two miscarriages in a row, and I was told it was because I was getting my heart rate up to high for too long which was depriving the fetus of oxygen. I guess sometimes it is a bad thinig to be to healthy. I had to stop working out for over a year, I stoped for a few months before I got pregnant for the third time, and did not work out through the whole pregnancy. I hated that, I love my workouts and it was hard to put it on hold. Although I did drive my husband nuts because I still played the workout videos, but just watched them instead. After I had my son, I jumped back into Cathe's workouts just after 3 weeks. I kept a journal and I am at 5 months of being back in my exercise schedule, and I have lost all the pregnancy weight. So if you have to pause your exercise program for a while, it doesn't take long to get back into shape, specially if you workout with Cathe!

Congrats again, I just wanted to take a moment to share with you what happened to me, because I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone else. Good luck!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.