Pre-Order Add-On

HipChick

Cathlete
Okay, so I'm FINALLY going to pre-order either late this week or early next week & I'm really excited! But I think it would be wise to add-on to my order since shipping is still free. I will need to buy some bands to use with the new series since I don't have one already. With that said, I also don't own any other DVDs that use bands so I'm curious what each of you might recommend that I add-on to my purchase? The only DVD I bought from the last series was Cardio Fusion so for all intents & purposes, I don't have any from the last series. I have lots of other Cathe DVDs but I don't own any that use bands or any of her earlier ones that don't offer premixes. For instance, I don't own HSC, MM, any of the Gym Styles, HCE, or anything with a 2002 release date or earlier.

So what DVD (not a series, please... too much $$$!) can I simply NOT live without adding-on to this purchase?

TIA for your help (I know how much you ladies & gents love to help people spend their money!)

I have to say that I simply could not live without the gym style series (I know you said that you don't want a whole series, but imo these are worth the money). They are awesome, and they use the bands too. Laura

Thanks to you both! I'm actually surprised that a bunch of people haven't jumped in & recommended the new ones since that's what everyone seems to be doing now. I'm sure lots of the oldies are goodies. I know the Gym Styles are a must have too but that would be almost $100 extra so maybe I'll save that one for Christmas. MM has always interested me too. Well, of course ALL of the Cathe's I don't have interest me & I also know I'll end up with all of them eventually but for now, I'll just wait & see what other suggestions I get before I place my order.

So it's one vote for the Gym Style series & one vote for Muscle Max so far.

Thanks again ladies!

KPC/Legs&Glutes or BootCamp/Muscle Endurance. ME is one of my favorite w/outs. Also, you really can't beat Drill Max.
LD

She uses the band a fair bit in LIC and I really like that workout. Those bicep curls with the barbell and the band are KILLER. Musclemax is also a great one. You will eventually have to have the Gym Styles.

I vote for LIC. Everyone says this is more intermediate than advanced, but I think it is KILLER! It has great blasts, and I love the band work in this one.

LIC upper body circuit is on my rotation for tomorrow, and I swear I have been thinking about it all week long -- can't wait!

LIC is very tough. It is on the intermediate rotation, so I assumed that it would be fairly easy. I was so wrong! I just love the way it's set up, the step moves, the music, everything!

Oh yes...I also decided to order the new series along with some of Cathe's other dvds. It's just so hard not to pre-order with all the great blog updates!

Anyway, S&H and GS are scheduled to arrive tomorrow and I can't wait! My fiance makes fun of me because when I get a new workout tape, I just sit in front of the tv and watch it all the way through, usually making comments like, "Oh man, that looks fun!" :D

I thought maybe it was listed as intermediate because the weights are lighter, but on the other hand she's doing a lot of multi-joint work with those lighter weights--like working shoulders and legs simultaneously--reminding me of the Firm's AWT or whatever they call it. I've actually wondered if LIC would be a good intro to Cathe for fans of the Firm (I haven't done enough Firm to know for sure).

Anyway, I also love LIC a lot. It has some of the most fun low impact step aerobics.

[font face="palatino linotype" font color=purple font size=+1]***Lainie***

http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- Mark Twain[/font]

It's SO HARD to choose! My new favorite lately is PUB/PLB. I would do it every day if I could. I also loooooove BM2. But, like I said, it's so hard to choose. Every time I go to buy another Cathe dvd (promising myself that I'll only buy ONE!) I end up buying 3 or 4!

Good luck in your decision. Like everyone else says--whichever Cathe you choose, you won't be disappointed!!!!

Allison

Thanks again to ALL of you! I definitely plan to get the Gym Styles for Christmas so other than that, it looks as if MM or LIC are the most recommended (so far;)). Between the 2, I might lean more toward LIC because I think the premixes offer cardio only, weights only, & of course, a total-body circuit workout. MM is most defnitely on my list, though. Who knows, once I get online, maybe I WILL order more than one.}( I'm also interested in BM2, B&G, & DM, along with a few other older ones I don't have already. Oh yeah, to those of you who suggested some of the older DVDs (like KPC/L&G, BC/ME, PUB/PLB), I already have them & they are definite must-haves so thanks for the recommendations. I plan to order either tonight or tomorrow evening because I ran out of time last night. Thank again!:)

You need Butts & Guts! And Drill Max! And Muscle Max! There're all good. I suggest you spend some time watching previews to see which looks best to you. Good luck - you can't make a bad choice!

ETA - If you're getting the band, then you must get a workout with firewalkers!

I agree with everyone's recommendations (especially MM and LIC). I am just adding one more suggestion to the mix. I love Maximum Intensity Strength. I know it's old, but I really like it. Maybe it's nostalgic for me because it was my first Cathe strength workout. That said, I don't have the gym styles or pyramids and I have heard they are da bomb diggity!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.