Prayer

seakix

Hello all,

i would just like to ask for prayer concerning God's direction in my life and how I view myself.

People have told me that I am beautiful, but all i see is what i lack. i see a girl who is trying to be confident, beautiful, intelligent and thin, but inside is falling apart.

i feel like i live a double life...the one the world sees and the one I see.

I also don't know what God wants me to do with my life. All my life, i had planned to be a wife and mother. I am now 30 and neither has happened. i know i still have 'lots of time', but i still feel so sad in my heart.

so i would just appreciate it if you could say a prayer for me if you happen to read this email. i know that things could be much worse and i feel horrible for even writing this when i know there are much bigger problems in the world...but if i can't talk to you about this, where do I go?

thank you for listening and reading,

cc

Seakix I will definetly send up a prayer for you. Im going to pray for God's peace which surpasses all understanding to rest on you. Hey...God thinks your beautiful:) you were fearfully and wonderfully made. Keep your head up ok? The bible says that God will give you the desires of your heart. Patience is a virtue and he hasn't forgotten about you. Things will come together eventually. You wait and see.

Tassha

Prayers going up:) Don't feel bad for having real concerns and emotions. Yes, there are big problems in the world, but your feelings are important and matter to God.

Hi,

I have definitely been in your shoes! Dreamed of being married and having a family for years, and had all but given up on it... then married at almost 29 and at 30 1/2 am expecting our second child. The key for me was learning to be content even if God's plan was for me to remain single my whole life. I'm not sure I ever got there completely. My husband had accepted it-- he's 38-- but God surprised us with each other.

Sounds like you are feeling low and if it's depression, I can relate. Here are some Bible passages I like:

Prov 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Psalm 46:10
Be still and know that I am God.

Hebrews 10:35-36
So do not throw away your confidence... you need to persevere so that when you have done the will of GOd you will receive what he has promised.

Colossians 1:14
For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

When in your shoes I found my best comfort from talking to Christian friends, reading my Bible, and attending church and Bible study.

May God give you his peace! It's there...but just because you don't feel it doesn't mean that it's not real.

In Jesus,
Anna
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

May our LORD give you guidance and direction so that you may understand that HE has a purpose/plan for your life.

Have faith of a mustard seed that you can move a mountain.

And, Tassha, I love your line on the bottom of your post that it's hard to stumble when you're on your knees. How true is that?

Wow!

i am so grateful for the responses that you all have given to me. my sister is the only person who i can go to and ask for prayer, but she is having quite a difficult time as well and I didn't want to burden her with my concerns.

I really can't tell you how thankful i am that i can come to this site and not only meet my physical needs but my spiritual needs too. All of you are truly a blessing. I know that things won't change overnight, but knowing that there are people out there that care and are praying for me makes all the difference.

Ladies, thank you ~ i wish i had something better to describe what i'm feeling in my heart right now, but i trust you will all understand.

to my knees i go!

cc

Dear Seakix,
I will pray for you, too. Good for you to have the courage to reach out!

Here's a verse that comes to mind and gives me comfort and assurance in times when God's plan is not obvious and when I feel frustrated, sad, lonely, etc.

Jeremiah 29:11-12
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."

In Him,
Kristi

Count Your Blessings!!!!

CC:

I understand more than words can say. I am praying for you. I encourage you to fix your mind on things above. Count your blessings, and start praising God for what you have instead of focusing on what you lack. Rest in Him, and enjoy the life you have been given to the fullest. Do not let this season slip away while you are waiting for God to grant the desires of your heart. Delight in Him.

I highly recommend Beth Moore’s Breaking Free Bible study. She dedicates a whole week to childhood dreams of being a bride, being beautiful, being a mother, and living happily ever after. I believe this would bless you and speak to your heart.

I am asking God to teach you to see yourself through His eyes. You are beautiful. You are a treasure. You are the apple of His eye.

I encourage you to spend some time praying through the Psalms and Ephesians this week. Talk to God honestly and tell Him how you feel. Feel free to send me a private message anytime.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.