PP Monday --> Thursday

chefkate

Cathlete
How about a few extra days on our checkin thread? We've been a little slow lately!

TWO HOUR DELAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!

I am so excited! Lotsa more time to get Gina ready AND I don't have to wake her up!
Added bonus:: When there's a delay, preschool is CANCELED!!! I didn't have anybody able to help me with driving Isabel to school so I would've had to do both ways and that would've seriously messed up Julia's napping. Now I don't have to drive anywhere!!!!
You can't possibly understand how excited I am right now!

Not sure which WO I'll be doing - maybe 4DS, maybe S&H.

I hope everybody has a great of a day as I am planning for us!
Off to do some chores before the midgets get up!:cool:

Yeah for no school Kate!! To answer the question on the previous post-ya i did mention the beaba thing- it IS awesome!! :D you will like it!

Adding more days to the check in sounds good.

Kate~yay for no preschool and sleeping in! I totally know what you mean there!! Today was rough for me after 9 days of not getting up at 6am.. oh it was rough. I did get a nap which was great because Sara didn't cooperate last night. I am trying to get her in her bassinet all night so 4 nights ago was the first night and she stayed 3 hours, then the next night it was 4.5 hours, then 4 hours and last night she was up at 11:15 so basically I had just got to sleep and she was up so I fed her then held her.. ugh I hope tonight she does better.

This weekend I did awful w/ my eating.. just awful. I got workouts in though. Did 4.5 miles on Saturday of which 3 miles was running, then I did 4.5 miles yesterday and 4 miles running w/out stopping. Today I did 45 mins on the elliptical. I wanted to add in some weights, but Sara woke up and so we'll see if I can get those in tonight or not. I had my pp check today and I have 15lbs to lose. YUCK. My scale is off here so I am getting a new one.. any suggestions on a great scale? MAybe one that does body fat too? I was thinking I had 10lbs to go, but with my scale being off it's really 15.. either that or I gained that much this week w/ the crap eating. Oh well.

Did everyone have a great thanksgiving?? My sister and her family were here for 4 days so that was so nice to see them. We stayed up playing cards 2 nights. Have you all heard of Phase 10? It's so much fun!

Kate-we had a 2hr delay too! Pre-school was not canceled but I took Owen late.

Trish-I have 15 pounds to lose also. I go tomorrow for my pp check-up. Good job getting Sara to sleep in her bassinet:)

Lorren-Ryder did great at my hair appt. all the girls wanted to hold him, they were more help than my husband:D

I took Ryder to the doctor today b/c he has a clogged tear duct and I wanted to make sure it wasn't pink eye. He has grown 3 inches since he was born! I made the nurse measure him twice. Isn't that a lot for 6 weeks?? I am going to get on the elliptical now the school delay messed up my morning:confused:

Candra

Trish, We had Julia in our bed the first night, other than that every sleep is in her bed. I hate to have to transition so we just start out there. Glad its working out. No clue on the scale....

Candra, For a clogged tear duct.... massage the duct and also let some breast milk squirt into the eye. Sounds wierd but it works. Re the measuring.....how they have to do it is so apt for "user-error". That said, I'm sure Julia is right there too - she's huge! But so chubby and kissable! I love it!

Julia's had such a good day! Last night she slept 10p-5a. Nursed til 6. SLEPT TIL 11:30!!!! Up for awhile, catnaps. Napped at 4PM, it's almost 7 and she's still asleep!!! LOVE IT!

WOW that is amazing Kate! I couldn't lay flat in my bed for the first week due to the c/s so I slept sitting up on the couch and it was just so much easier to hold her and not have to get up and down so much. What a GREAT sleeper you have! WOW! I would love a 10-5 stretch! You probably feel like a new woman!

Candra~wow 3 inches? Sounds like he's going to be tall!

So no weights today, but will def. do those tomorrow. It's going to be warmer too so maye we can get a walk in and some elliptical. I did well eating today so I feel good overall.

Well I got 45 mins on the elliptical earlier and we are heading out for a walk now. I have done well with the eating todya too. Lets see if I can keep it up this evening. Nights are the worst with me snacking.

trish, what are warm days??:p our snow is up to isabel's knees! we love it though! good job on the eats and wo's!

doing good here w/ eats and wo's too. my abs HURT from bm2. love it/hate it. .....love it more tho!:D did s.blast today - sweaty fun!:D

Well another good day. I got a 4 mile walk and 45mins on the ellipitcal. Nothing too hard just constant pace.

Kate~yay for hurting abs! That is usually a great sign. I have yet to work mine since they stitched them up I am afraid to rip them or something.. maybe I'll get brave next week..

trish, we're both on a roll! i've been eating really good and doing great wo's too! feels good to be back at it, doesn't it?:cool::cool:
i did shoulders today - legs tomorrow. friday - imax!!!

i'd be scared too to do something to hinder the abs healing! good luck!

Hi ladies!
Just popping in to say hello! Trish and Kate--you two are my fitness heroes! Wow! Wish I could find the time/energy/motivation to get back on the wagon! I did do a timesaver night before last, and it felt SO GOOD! But yesterday my stupid incision was aching because of it, so no workout. Today is extra busy. Family pictures tonight, and the boys are going to Toys R Us to buy each other bday presents (Oliver turned 7 yesterday, and Henry turns 4 Saturday). We're throwing their bday party Saturday, and I have GOT TO finish decorating/cleaning. I feel like a little hamster on a wheel, but no matter how fast I run around here -- doing errands, cleaning, playing with the kids --- none of it counts as a workout!! And let's not even talk about my eating habits as of late. UGH. Thinking about rejoining Nutrisystem. It's how I jumpstarted my diet after Henry was born... but SO expensive. DH says go for it, so I'm thinking I'll do it since I have his blessing. (He just wants me to stop being so self conscious.) OK, now I'm seriously rambling. I'm blaming it on the supersized non-fat pumpkin latte with an extra shot of espresso that I'm gulping down. Charlie has been very fussy at night. I think he's getting the bad cold that seems to be traveling through my family. :(

Hope you girls are all doing well!!! Where IS everyone, anyway??

PS Maggie, my fellow big gainer, how are you? I sure could use some of your advice on how to drop these nasty 40 pounds!!

Hi everyone. I am swamped at work so little time to post.

Yesterday I went totally old school Cathe and did Step Jam-- it was actually quite fun, except for the stupid hand jive at the beginning. I thought of how much I've done since that vhs was released in the mid-1990's- graduated law school, took the bar, got engaged, got married, bought/sold two homes, had 4 kids, etc.

Trish- hurray on the running!
Kate- with all that snow, do you ever snow shoe or anything? I hear that's a great workout.
Stephanie- enjoy your latte; sounds like you have a great husband.
Candra- my kids are also seriously tall. They are always 100% in height at birth (22 inches) and stay on that "curve". My husband is 6'5". I feel like a shrimp at 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Stepanie-I would do the nutri-system if it worked for you b/f. I follow body for life, which is 6 meals a day combinig a protein and carb at every meal. It works for me. everyone is different and you will lose the weight:)

Kristan-I don't know how you work with 4 kids and manage to get your workouts in. It's 10am here and I still haven't showered, but I am going to after I finish posting;)

Kate & Trish- I have been doing my workouts and eating good:) It does feel really good to get back in the routine. I am having a hard time getting a full weight workout in but I know this is just temporary so I am not going to stress over it.

Today I am going to babies r us to get Ryder a jumperoo for Christmas. Really it is just an excuse to get out of the house:) If I stay home I might end up scrubbing toilets:eek:

Candra

I've been super busy here too. I have great news...I don't have a hernia. I got my U/S today, and the tech thinks it is "just" hardened fat tissue (nice:confused:). How does that happen?Anyway, she is going to send everything to the radiologist and I should get a call by Monday. I am so relieved! I did most of Jari Love's Ripped to the Core today, but I didn't get to the core part due to baking, making supper and getting ready for class (and, oh yeah, watching two kids).
Stephanie-my incision hurts at times too. The Nutrisystem idea sounds good-especially if you DH is all for it too. That may be the jump start you need this time too!

Kate, Trish, Kristan, Canrda-Awesome workouts!

I just got home from class and am super tired, so I will write back tomorrow. I am probably forgetting someone!

-Jen
p.s. Aidan (who will be two months on Sunday) is wearing 3-6 month clothes:eek:!

Hello everyone!!

Got the green light from the dr. to workout, but 2 more weeks of pelvic rest - not that its even been on my mind anyway. My uterus is still not back to normal size so I'll blame that on my pooch still being there. Thinking of doing 4ds kb or lis. We'll see.

Kristan - My DH is 6'6" and I'm a whopping 5'.
Jen - Glad its not a hernia. Never heard of hardened fat. Do they just leave it alone?
Trish/Kate - Great job on the eating and wo's!

Hi everyone else!!!

Lisa

Hi ladies!
Hope everyone is doing well!
Jen--Good news about not having a hernia! My tummy still is very big, and still is hard-ish, I asked my doc about it, and she said it might be muscle. Great. Muscle OVER fat. Lovely. How in the heck do I get rid of THAT?? Anyway...

Hi Lisa! Enjoy your workouts!

Hi to Kate, Trish, Kristan and everyone else!

---
Took Charlie for his 2 month visit today. He weighed in at 12 lbs, 14 oz! 90th percentile in weight, 75th percentile in length. He wore a 6-month outfit to the doctor! The nurse couldn't get over how big and strong he was (he tried to kick her when she gave him his shots). He got three shots, and a WONDERFUL new vaccine to prevent Roto virus. I wish my other two had gotten this one. We've had the roto virus and it's BAD. I gave him some Tylenol and a bottle and he's OUT. Poor thing. He's such a trooper though. Smiling and cooing now a lot (only to me, though, hee hee)... Well, got to clean and finish decorating. ALL the fam is coming tomorrow for Oliver and Henry's bday party (their bdays are only three days apart). LOTS to do! Hope everyone has a wonderful, Christmasy weekend!!

Stephanie - Wow! Charlie is growing so fast!! Hope the party goes well.

I did 4DS LIS cardio only this am and it felt great!! I'm hoping to do weights later tonight. I'm solo this weekend since DH has to work. My ds is a great help so should be ok. Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.