Powerstrike Impact & Kicks only

pussycat

Cathlete
Does anyone have either of these workouts? I know they are OOP and unavailable. But I am curious about the intensity of them and if they are worth scouring the web for. ;-)

Has anyone here ever taken a live Powerstrike class? I am very interested in trying one and wondered what I was in for.

TIA :)

I haven't heard of Powerstrike Impact but I have Powerstrike 1&2 and love them, they are a great workout without high impact. If that is what you are referring to here the information on how to order.

Hello,

here’s how to order our workouts!

We are now selling the Powerstrike and Forza workouts directly through our NY office.

Powerstrike with Ilaria #4 is the latest kickboxing workout produced and created by Ilaria Montagnani, it is easy to follow but it includes some advanced karate moves and it is an intense workout 1 hour long, the beginning includes an explanation of the techniques used in the routines.
FORZA Samurai Sword Training is a 60-minute full-body workout based on Japanese Samurai training. With a wooden sword (or a wood stick) you will safely learn the basic exercises and routines that condition the body and mind of a true warrior. At the beginning there’s a full explanation on how to hold and strike with the bokken sword.

FORZA Samurai Sword Training - $ 30 plus $3 S&H Total $ 33
POWERSTRIKE with Ilaria #4 - $ 27 plus $3 S&H Total $ 30

We also have available for sales the following items:
POWERSTRIKE #1 (only VHS) - $ 25 US Dollars plus S&H
POWERSTRIKE #2 (only VHS) - $ 25 US Dollars plus S&H
POWERSTRIKE #3 (DVD) - $ 27 US Dollars plus S&H

To place an order please send us an email, we will send you a confirmation back and we will ship once we receive the payment.
At the moment we only take checks and International Money Orders in US Dollar from our Canadian customers.

USA: One item add $ 3 to tape or DVD cost, 2 items add $ 6, 3 items add $ 7, 4 items add $ 8.
CANDA: One item add $ 4 to tape or DVD cost, 2 items add $ 8, 3/4 items add $ 12.

Please send a check to:
Powerstrike Inc.
100 West 72nd Street # 5G
New York, NY 10023
USA

Regards,
Ilaria Montagnani and the Powerstrike Team

Sorry, Tia,I don't have them and I've searched in vain to find them. I have PS millenium 1,2,3,4, the new Forza ,and Advanced #1. The older ones (Advanced #1 and Mill 1&2) are intense, move very fast, and have some high impact moves.(They remind me of the KPC combo section, but longer and a bit more intense.) The other Powerstrike kickboxing ones are not as intense and are low impact. I thought that #4 was a little more intense than #3 since it had a lot of kicks.

I was certified in Powerstrike kickboxing level 1 annd level 2 last year and took 3 classes with Illaria. The intensity of the classes she taught was similar to Mill #4. Illaria did mention that Impact was intense and her students got very hot and sweaty since it involves using a punching bag. I'd assume a Powerstike Impact class would be more intense than the kickboxing on, but I 've never taken an Impact class and don't know for certain.

Hope this helps. If you find the older PS, please let me know where you find them.
Lorrie

OMG!!!!! :eek: How cool to workout with Ilaria! Were you already a certified trainer before you took her PS certification? What was the gym atmosphere like--friendly or not? Sorry for all the questions! But I would love to get certified because there are no classes in our area that come close to PS.

I have contacted Ilaria about purchasing the Impact and Kicks workouts but she said they are no longer available even from her. :-( But if I ever find them I'll let you know!

I wish she would release a whole set of workouts of the classes she teaches. I have heard rumors that she is working on something! ;-) If Ilaria and Cathe would release new workouts every month, I'd be buying! :p

I have Impact, but not Kicks only (it's one of the only two pre-millenium PS workouts I don't have). Impact is lead by Ilaria alone, and it's a great standing bag workout, with upper body and lower body work. If you have any of the earlier PS workouts, you'll recognize the filming quality: more like a home movie in some ways than a professional product, and on video only, with a CD player providing the soundtrack. Those earlier PS workouts weren't very fancy, but boy did they give good workouts!

Hi Susan (sorry I called you Tia earlier, I didn't scrool down far enough),

No, I wasn't certified fitness trainer when I took the Powerstrike certifications, but most people were. The classes I took was not where Illaria normally teaches, but were in Montreal where she was invited to visit. The people there were nice and friendly, but I haven't been to Equinox so I can't comment on the classes there.

The certifcation was a tad bit expensive (plus I had to travel to Montreal) but I enjoyed it!

Lorrie

Katherine~
If you ever get tired of your copy of PS Impact, I'd gladly help you get it off your hands! ;-) The filming sounds comparable to #1 and the odd camera angle shots. :-D
I hope Ilaria comes out with something new this year. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.