Postpartum Update

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Feb-07-00 AT 07:43PM (EST)</font></center>

cathe_and_eric_1.jpg

Hi Everyone! Wow, how time flies. I can't believe its already been six weeks since I had little Eric. We both had our check ups and each of our doc's say that we are doing exceptionally well.

Eric is now 9 pounds and 14 ounces. He has a huge and healthy appetite, sleeps "like a baby", coos and cuddles while he is awake, and overall is just a very pleasant baby. The only one little difficult situation is that he still has his days and nights confused. Which in turn has me having my days and nights(along with time of day and day of week, hee hee)confused too.

Today was my 6 week check up and I have been cleared to exercise. Packing up the old house for the move last week was certainly a challenging warm up and now unpacking and carrying boxes upstairs in our new house is also undoubtedly testing my endurance. I am very much looking forward to getting back into working out.

Since I am very behind on the forum(due to the move and waiting for our on line hook up)I will keep this update brief and instead allow all of you to ask any questions that you may have concerning Eric, myself, and all the issues that surround postpartum and returning to working out. I have briefly skimmed the forums earlier and see that there are already questions of this nature posted. So I will start by answering them(a bit later this evening)and then take it from there.

You have all been so wonderfully supportive and encouraging through this joyous time. Thank you for being so patient as I took some weeks off to bond with my new precious family !!!

You and Eric look great!!!

Hi Cathe,

I just wanted to send you this quick message from warm, sunny San Diego. I was thinking of you preparing for your move to your new home. In fact, I meant to post a message on the forum to ask how the move went. It appears it went well for everyone.
happy.gif

I know I'll be interested in reading your post about getting back into a workout schedule as I haven't really worked out since, gasp, 31 December due to pulling a muscle in my neck. However, once the driver arrives with my weights, tape, and steps, I'll start right back up into working out. Oh, I moved an empty two-drawer file cabinet today from my new office to an empty office. A couple of guys remarked that I must lift weights since I could carry the file cabinet. I just laughed.

Take care of yourself!

Lorrayne

Congrats...

I am way past the postpartum stage (the youngest of my five is now 8 years old
happy.gif
)...but just want to say good for you and you look great. Eric looks pretty wonderful as well. Isn't it just so neat when they start to coo?

Also want to say that this forum is an excellent resource for expectant and new moms, and even for "down the road" ones like me (helps me to realize that I survived all those challenges).

Take care, and have fun working out again...

Joanna

I can't believe how WONDERFUL you look!

Wow! Actually, I can't say I'm really surprised that you look so great. You're amazing! It's great that the move went so well and that you're ready to get back to working out. It will be very interesting to read about how you've gone about your recovery so far, and how you proceed from here.
happy.gif

Congratulations on the new home and your healthy recovery!

Erin

Wow! 9 lbs 14 oz already!

He's certainly not missing any meals is he?? (hee-hee!) Glad to hear from you and also glad to hear things are going well with your new home and little Eric.

Bev

what a cutie!

Sounds like you've both been busy-you've been moving "stuff" and he's been busy filling that little tummy! You both look great! I've been checking into your forums for the last year or two but just recently started posting-just wanted to say your advice, encouragement, motivation, and of course videos are truly appreciated! Take care! (how's Jon doing at this 6week mark-loving the daddy bit I'm sure)
julie

Wonderful!!

Ditto to what everyone said about the two of you looking great. Man, has that little guy grown!!

Happy to hear that you're settling in to your new abode and that you'll be exercising and answering questions on the forum again. We've missed you, but keep enjoying and treasuring this wonderful time in your life!!

You guys look great!

Glad to hear everything is going well
happy.gif

nancy:O)

You two look great

Cathe,
Thanks so much for the update. You and Eric both look wonderful. Glad to hear you're settling in to your new home. Hope Jon is doing as well as the rest of the family. Are you changing those diapers quickly?

OK, today is Tuesday and it's morning

Judy

Enjoyed your update!

Glad to hear (and see) that you're both doing so well. Good luck w/ your new home too!

We're in the process of renovating our new (old) house and I'm really hoping we can get settled in before my due date (May 1st)

One thing's for sure....my pregnancy seems to be going by so quickly, I think (fairly) regular exercise makes a big difference and checking in on this forum lets me read about and keep tabs on the other exercising moms-to-be. I can't believe I have only 12 weeks to go.

The only downside to my pregnancy so far has been the unrelenting leg swelling (I LIVE in elastic surgical stockings these days) and a CONSTANT SHARP PAIN around the spleen area right below the rib cage which has now relocated to the liver area! Ultrasounds show everything's OK, it's just pressure from the uterus pushing everything upwards. I suspect the baby has settled into a real comfy position and just likes digging his heals into my abdominal organs. I'll check his feet for callouses when he's born!

Take care Cathe!

PS:

I really am curious to know what kinds of post partum exercises you've been able to do these past few weeks.

new house?

Cathe, is that your new house?? Make sure that carpet is THOROUGHLY Scotch-guarded if Eric is a spitty baby!!
happy.gif
My first-born was the most spit-up prone baby you can imagine and we have a neutral, very light grayish-tan couch. It is now VERy blotchy looking from all the spit-up incidents, LOL! When I saw a wee baby and cream carpet in one picture I thought "uh-oh!!"
happy.gif

Cathe, you look GREAT, and Eric is such a cutie in ALL his pictures. . . Thank you for sharing with us!!

Sweet baby boy

You both look beautiful together, Cathe and Eric. Love that sleepy face. Is there anything better than a baby's smile?

Cathe, I'm curious -- does any of your post-partum exercise routine include chasing down Hampton with used burp cloths in his mouth? My two pups used to keep me pretty busy doing burp cloth sprints. Retrievers -- what can I say?

He's growing so fast!

You both look wonderful (and Eric looks so relaxed)! Thanks for posting the update, with the beautiful picture, too!

Kristin

What an adorable picture!

It's great to hear everything is going well. Thanks for sharing the new picture, and best wishes with the new house (and, of course, Eric!)!

Lynne

adorable

Hi Cathe,
Everyone else pretty much said it all, I just have one question...where is your bed head? Your hair even looks good!
happy.gif
I am so happy for you and your family. Best wishes for you all.
Laura

I'm doing my happy dance!

Hi Cathe,

I saw this picture at the gym last night and did my little happy dance when I saw you were coming back to work in the near future. The picture is absolutely wonderful. He is such a cutie and you look great also. Can't wait to meet him. Take care.

Brenda

Lookin good!

Cathe,
You look great...are you SURE you are missing sleep?

I cannot believe how much Eric is growing. Before you know it, he will be asking for the keys to the car. (call me in 16 years, ha ha)

I just did Step Works the other night and I sort of felt myself getting all choked up. Give my best to Jon....

Suzanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.