postpartum check in august 20

MARY1616

Cathlete
i have not posted in a couple of weeks , things have been so crazy but andrew is now sleeping much better and i finally POTTY TRAINED!!! my jake. i cant tell you how excited i am and it was so much easier than i thought it would be. my work outs are going great but i do need to clean up my eating. oh well one thing at a time.

mon imax 2/firm 5 day abs
tues p90x kenpo
wed timesaver #1 and chest and back
thurs time save #3 biceps and triceps
fri 3 mile walk firm 5 day abs
sat 4 mile walk

ps andrew now weighs 19 lbs so i guess carrying him around is also considered to be a workout

mary, it is great to see you on the checkins i was wondering how andrew is! and i think carrying around a 19lb baby is a workout all the time for sure! little finn goes for his 2 month dr visit tomorrow, and i think he may be close to 11lbs. i just broke out the 0-3 month clothes! amazing how things change. that is fabulous about the ptty training. what worked for you? your workouts look great - hope work isn't too crazy.

we had one night where finn ate at 9:30pm then not again until 4:30am - i felt so dran good. last night, however, we went back to the 2 am, 5am, and 7am feedings. oh well. it is better for sure. finn is smiling all the time now and just adorable.

hope everyone else is doing well. shopaholic, how was your trip?

sun - kpc, legs and glutes
mon - imax 3, walk around newport with front carrier (it felt like exercise)
tues - run 7 mil
weds - run 7 mil, musc endurance
thurs - run 8.5 mil, plb stability ball only
fri - step blast, pub, walk 1.5 mil
sat - run 7 mil, legs and glutes

today is a rainy rainy day, but it is hard to complain as the weather has been lovely this august.

have a great week

that is how it starts...you get a few days here and there where they sleep for longer periods and than before you know it they are sleeping through the night. as far as potty training...i just gave jake 6 glasses of milk and took his diaper off. he was rolling on the floor refusing to go on the potty and finally he could not hold it anymore. all he needed was that 1st time and than he was not afraid anymore. yesterday we went out without wearing a diaper and he did great. changing 2 sets of diapers was getting to be a bit much so this is great.

that is so great! yeah, i can barely keep up with one diaper, let alone 2. think of all the extra pennies from less diapers to buy:)

Hi everyone,
Mary , great to see you back here. Wow, 19 pounds! Alexis at almost 3 weighs in at 25 pounds. Great news on the potty training. Alexis sits on it, wipes herself and washes her hands but always says she'll go "tomorrow". Great workouts.
Morris, was your trip to Newport, Rhode Island? I am a new englander. Like Finn, all of sudden Ashley's weight/size shot up. she too is now filling out her 0-3 month clothes. The last 2 nights she slept around 11-7am. I have been giving a bottle of formula before bed which seems to help. great workouts, like always.

We just returned from my parent's house in NY. Trip went well and we had Ashley's baby naming on Friday. (It is the jewish equivalent to a christening). Got some workouts in at my parent's home and before I left but I am too tired to post them.

Oh yeah, we bought a bumboo seat, a rubber seat suitable for infants 3 months old to 14 months old and Ashley loves it.

I love that bumboo seat, andrew loves it too. it is so amazing how many new gadgets they have come out with since i had jake 2 1/2 years ago. by the way where were you in ny i am from long island?

Mary, the $40 for the bumbo seat was definitely worth it despite my usual bargain hunts. I too am from Long Island. I grew up in Roslyn and only moved when I went to college in MA. My parents now live in Mellville.

Workouts:
Sun-double cardio-step +abs + 10 min. of bootcamp w/o from cia 9903
Mon-High Step Adv. +imax2 blasts +C+W weights and abs
Tues-travel
wed-slim in 6-burn it up+keep it up and 20 min. tj
Thurs-Sharon Mann-circuit+power 90 3-4 cardio+ab ripper
Fri-cardio party 2+TJ bootysculpt + power 90 3-4 sculpt
sat-rest-too busy

My workouts were horrible this week! My goal is to work out on my days off. I did Imax 3 on Sunday and Chest and Triceps on Wednesday. I got my IUD on Wednesday so I was crampy for a couple of days. (No more children for us!)

We spent our first night in a hotel on Friday. It took me four hours to pack so needless to say I didn't work out on Friday. We stayed the night at Cedar Point. Katie did well in the hotel room Friday. I intended to run Saturday morning as they have a trail on the beach but it rained! We decided to stay Saturday night as well but Katie started vomiting after feedings. She is on pepcid for this but threw up her pepcid Sat am. She was very unhappy at dinner and threw up again on me in the restaurant so we decided to go home instead of staying another night. She didn't appear ill, just throwing up. We are discouraged as the pepcid seemed to be working very well these past few weeks. I think it may be because I ate chocolate. I had a couple of cookies and half of a milkshake. I hadn't been eating chocolate at all before this. I am going to try not to eat any chocolate at all and see if that helps.

My older daughter Emily had a great time. We spent all day Friday at a private beach near Cedar Pointwith people from our church and all evening Friday at the park riding roller coasters. We went swimming on Saturday and back to the park on Saturday as well. This was our vacation as we are not really taking a vacation this year. It is back to Disney next year.

Our night times are going OK but Katie still gets up every 2-3 hours. It is exhausting! I can't wait for a full nights sleep!

I am still stuck at needing to lose 9 lbs. My diet has been OK but it seems like it needs to be perfect to lose weight. With all of the stress of not sleeping I am finding it hard to do well with my diet. Any suggestions?

Rachel

Emily 11/5/99
Kaite 6/20/06

rachel, i empathize with the eating and fatigue. sorry your little one's tummy is upset. pehaps it was just a growing thing andthe pepcid will work again.

mary and shopper, i live in maine, a new englander too. shopper, are you still in mass? i went to college there. we loved newport - a fun getaway.

what does the bumboo seat do for the kids? i have a bouncy seat finn loves, but i have not seen this thing you guys are mentioning. glad the formula is helping ashley. finn had such a tough day yesterday with his tummy - such bad gas! perhaps it is my diet, but nothing different in the last few days. i wish i knew.

What a small world, i live in holbrook but my business is based out of huntington. i also worked in melville and new hyde park up until i had jake that is too funny.
morris.. the bumbo is a seat that helps the babies sit up on their own from about 3 months of age. it is created especialy for babies and i must say andrew likes sitting up on his own

Hello ladies!

Wow, you have been a busy bunch this week! Your workouts look great.

Alice is still sleeping about 7-8 hours overnight....thank God! I just need to get my tail into bed to take advantage of it. She usually goes to bed about 7pm and sleeps until 2:30a. It's weird how they throw a surprise in there every once in awhile - Saturday night she slept from 8p-5a. It was heavenly -- except I woke up at 2:30a asking myself why isn't she up? ;)

Mary - congrats on the potty training! We are starting the process with our 26 month old girl (Maisie). I got this book a week ago called "Potty train your child in just one day". I am loving the suggestions. I don't think she is quite ready yet (another month?). But, there are things she suggests right now we can work on like getting them to dress themselves, wiping their bottoms, washing their hands, emptying diaper contents in the toilet, etc. The first time I emptied the diaper in front of her I could see the wheels turning... "oh, that's where the poopy goes, ha?" I could see a light bulb turn on. It was kind of funny...

Anyway, here are my workouts:
Sun: off
Mon: Firm Parts: Tough aerobic Mix
Tues: CTX: Meaner Legs ;)
Wed: 3.5 mile walk
Thurs: Kick, Punch & Crunch
Fri: CIA 9803 (Bootcamp)
Sat: Firm vol 2

Shopaholic, our chat about the Firms last week got me inspired to try them again. It was nice for a change. Thanks! :)

Take care!

Christy, I don't know why I let my firms collect dust. they are fun and suprisingly challenging.
Rachel, hopefully in the next month your little one will start sleeping better. Don't worry about the few workouts, it was a vacation week.
Mary, we spent a lot of time over the weekend in Huntington. We went twice to Hechenshire park(forgive my spelling). The playground there is great. I believe my Ny accent is back now after a visit with the folks.
Morris, we now live on the cape.

Good morning!

I'm working my way back up to my normal workouts, although I find it's difficult to get a full hour chunk of time. I started teaching a class two evenings a week, so it's nice to have a couple of hours of "me" time.

Lincoln has been going to bed at 10 and not waking up until 3:30 and 6:30 (we get up at 6:30), so we've been getting a lot more sleep at night. I've been feeling really "full" when he sleeps that long...for folks that are breastfeeding, do you find that you can comfortably let your baby go 5+ hours at night?

Sun: Post-Natal Yoga
Mon: 1/2 hour walk, Basic Step upper-body add-on
Tues: off
Wed: 1/2 hour walk, Basic Step lower-body add-on
Thurs: 1/2 hour walk
Fri: Joyce Vedral WTME
Sat: Off

Rachel - We're considering the IUD, too, although it's not an option until I'm done breastfeeding (at least for the hormone-coated version). Did your doctor reccommend that you only use it if you don't want kids again?
Mary - Wow-potty training! I can't even comprehend that right now...
Morris - It sounds like our babies have similar sleep patterns - I hope Lincoln and Finn both work up to 8 hours soon!

Linda, the first 3 nights,that Ashley slept for 6-7 hours my boobs were huge and engorged in the morning. This am after 3 nights of her sleeping long stretches, my body seems to have adjusted and they were fine.

linda, the one night finn slept 7 hours i was very very full. i nursed him off one side (then he was done) and pumped an ounce off the other and felt fine. of course, now we are back on hte 10-3:30 schedule, but it is still so much better.

I am breastfeeding and I got the Mirena IUD. I will probably breastfeed for a year. My doctor said it is OK for breastfeeding women. It does release a small amount of hormone. I actually had this IUD before I had Katie. I got it removed in June of 2005 and was pregnant by October 2005. We are not having anymore children. I will keep the IUD until after my husband has a visectomy (not sure of spelling).

Rachel

Emily 11/5/99
Katie 6/20/06

Girlfriends!!!
Everybody sounds so good. I've been working out regularly.
I received my Rhy./Max interval, Max cardio dvd and holy @#&%!!!
Imax and Cardio Max is ridiculous!! Holy workout, I couldn't get all the way through both of them. I sweat my butt off, those are fabulous to do after having a baby. They are quite challenging, but are very fun. I haven't done the Rhythmic Step yet.
Molly is doing wonderfully, I can't believe she's 6 weeks already. She is so alert and smiling these days. I love how she looks at me and she totally watches Hannah, it's pretty wild!

Shopper, I totally have the bumbo seat, I can't wait to use it. I didn't have it with Hannah.
Morris, sounds like Finn is such a cutie! He'll be sleeping through the night soon, don't ya worry.
Mary, congrats on the potty training, I hope it's easy when I do it, been thinking about it a lot since I have 2 in diapers. She's only 16 months though, but shows interest in the potty. I ordered the Elmo goes potty dvd, that may really teach her since she's ga ga over Elmo and really learns a lot from him. So funny! I'll keep you posted.

Happy weekend everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.