PostPartum 12/29--- new year, new body!!

Hi! Well, everyone in my family is finally healthy! Last week, I was at the dr's getting diagnosed with a sinus infection while DH had Aidan at the ped getting diagnosed with an ear infection!!!!!! The ped said the only reason he didn't have a fever is because I am breast fdng. I thought babies don't get sick when they are exclusively bfed? Anyway, he is doing much better, but still a bit congested.

I did BM2 today, and I am following the Jan rotation, but I started today instead of Monday. Whew-that was some workout. I didn't sweat like that since I first found out I was pregnant. It was a fun, but tough workout.

On Monday, I go back to work (teaching first grade). I am kind of excited. Over the break, I was able to get into my classroom to reorganize everything. I am going to finish this week's plans when I am done here. My mom is coming to spend the next 2 months with us. She only lives an hour away, so she will come Sun-Friday to take care of the baby. That will help me transition nicely back to work. I plan to pump, and I have been practicing for a while now.

Kate-Aidan was like Julia with not taking a nap this morning. He finally fell asleep and slept for 2 hours too! That's when I did BM2. But, DS #1 didn't take any nap today. Now, they are both in bed for the night. How is the EFX?

Trish-I have a very "meaty" butt also. I am anxiously awaiting STS, so hopefully that will help take care of it!

Lisa-You are busy! I am no where near my prepreg weight either. I'm not too worried, though. I know it will come off eventually. This time around seems a lot harder, though!

-Jen

Count me in on the wanting to send my older 2 kids back to school. It's been a fight fest!

Jen - As a school teacher, how will you fit pumping into your schedule? Lunches? You go girl, pumping at work was a pain for me. I think it was more the cleaning and remembering to bring everything with me that I didn't like. Oh and trying to remember which milk was from when and all that fun stuff. Which reminds me...I still have yet to label the frozen breast milk in my freezer.

Trish - PUB is my fave upper body workout. Did you have problems with it before?

Kate - Yes, kegels have been part of my "excercise" routine. My ob said bfing also loosens the pelvic floor which doesn't help.

Nope never had trouble before.. it's been probably 8 months since I played it.. maybe if I clean it off or something. That is my fav weight workout I have of Cathe's. ick it can't be "broke"

Jen~glad you all are feeling better. Sounds like it was a rough go for a bit. I forgot you are a 1st grade teacher.. any advice on 1st graders and the know it all attitude?? Since being on break for 2 weeks I swear my son is driving me batty with all his attitude and how he "knows" everything.. goodness enough already..lol He also just turned 7 on the 24th so now he is even older and "smarter" LOL (his words not mine)

I need to get to bed.. can't seem to sleep for some reason and DD is sacked out in her swing. ahh

Hi! As for when I will pump, I will do that during my plan period and lunch. I will see how it works out.
Trish, as for a "know-it-all" first grader...it is perfectly normal:rolleyes:. It's just one of those stages.

I am off to see what workout is on the Jan rotation for week 1, day 2. I am not following it starting with Monday. I started it yesterday. I have to get ready for STS-I am SO excited for that to come. I keep checking the STS forum for updates! Kate, I know you are getting it. Is anyone else?
I am going to sell my P90X on ebay to help cover the cost, though. I haven't done that in a long time. I am keeping the book, though.

Have a great Sunday!
-Jen

trish, i take the dvds in & out....
semi-ready for school to start. i totally admire maggie homeschooling. gina was bawling the saddest tears today bec. she wants to stay home w/ me tomorrow..:( but oh the fights this week! those girls are drivin' me NUTS!!!!:eek::p

jen, sorry about the sickness!
lol on the sweating! i love the premixes for bm2.
good luck this week! wht an awesome mom you have! im jealous!
im excited for sts too. need to do my 1rms:mad: part of me is tempted to skip them but i want the best results i can get. and to think i was scared everyone would get a headstart on sts while i was pg! ha!

lisa, why would bf'ing loosen the pf? i've never heard that...:confused:

Kate - She said because of the lack of estrogen and many women find a significant difference when they stop bfing.. That was the first time I heard also.

Jen - I've contmplated getting STS but didn't purchase it. I have a hard time committing to a schedule like that. Might get it later depending on the reviews.

Trish - What swing do you have? Thinking of getting one, but not sure. Looking at the Fisher Price papasan one.

I am so sleepy today...older kids will not allow me to nap!!

Lisa

Last edited:
lisa, interesting on the estrogen.....
sleepy here too.
up from 4-5:30 nursing then it was too late to get good sleep. ah well!

we have the fprice open-top take-along swing. it sits low to the ground, very portable around the house.

Hi ladies!
Hope everyone is doing well!
Jen--I'm sorry to hear you and your little one have been sick! I hope you feel better soon!
Kate--Sorry on the lack of sleep. My big boys are the ones who have been waking up early. How surreal that the infant sleeps better than the 4 year old!
Hi to Lisa, Trish and everyone else!!

We got back from my inlaws house yesterday. I have been experiencing tummy problems for the past week, but yesterday I felt good, which was good and bad. I also felt I could eat a TON! Tomorrow I start back on my diet and exercise routine. Thanks to sickness, I didn't gain anything over the break. But I'm about to go make gingerbread cookies with the boys, so we'll see ... LOL

I fit into a size smaller jeans today than I have been fitting into. So I'm one step farther away from being "plus-sized" -- yey! Soon, I'll be a skinny minnie like you other gals wearing one-digits!

Hope everyone has a good evening! The boys go back to school on Tuesday, so I get one more day with them! I'll be packing up Christmas decorations Tuesday and getting back to the normal rhythm of things. I guess it's a good thing, but I'll sure miss the Christmassy feel of things!

stephanie,illjoin you on the wagon tomorrow. i fell off hard tonight. i made oatmeal cookies w/ dds. they're low fat so that means i can eat all i want, right??? right??? wrong! my belly hurts!
good job on the smaller size!
still thinking about being a pt? go for it! i would love to be a doula.... in my next life i guess!

Kate--I don't think I want to be a pt, I think I'd just like to teach a weights class at the rec center or something ... However, I am terribly introverted when it comes to things like that. So, I don't know if I'd ever be able to conquer my fear of getting up in front of people. I think you'd be an incredible doula. You delivered your own child, for goodness sakes! That should qualify you to be whatever you want to be!!!! I think being a doula would be SO hard. I don't think I could be that nurturing to a stranger. But just judging from the way you interact with everyone here and put everyone at ease, I think you'd be really incredible at it. Go for it!! :)

Well, I didn't make the cookies tonight. They have a Feb. 17 date on them, so we're saving them for Valentine's and will make heart-shaped gingerbread cookies. I did, however, eat pizza and wings. Not exactly a new year's best meal. Tomorrow is a new day!! (p.s. It was a Lean Cuisine pizza, so it doesn't count, right??? :))

Nighty night, girls!

wow chatty today and I missed it!!

Hiya Stephanie, Kate, and Jenn! I'll write more tomorrow.

Lisa~we have the fisher price papasan nature something or other swing. It rocks side to side so she LOVES it.

I just got her to sleep in her bassinet (which hardly happens lately) so I am going to go hit the sack. I'll do more personals later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.