Post Road Trip Let Down Syndrome

Robin, I'm right there with you. When I for out of the car yesterday, I greeted DD and started crying! When she asked what was wrong, I told her that I was happy to be home but so sad that it was over! Talk about an emotional roller coaster! Lucky for me that I don't have to return to work this week, but I know that when I do, nobody weill ask me about the weekend. I may have to force the issue - carry the bag and wear the lanyard. Maybe they will notice. I know, I'll wear my Cathe fleece. At least they'll ask me if I'm crazy wearing THAT in the middle of August!

Anyway, Robin, I hope the rest of your day goes well! i'm going to plan my next visit to Cathe's gym. Wanna come?

Phyllis http://www.rykat.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/arrowhead.png

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Nancy, Michele and others, there are lots of memories being posted on the RT Share thread. I so wish you guys could have been along.

Robin, I almost feel like I don't know the secret language with some of those memories. We want some meat!

I promise Carolyn, one of these days this week I'll post a few pics. I wish you had flown on from Germany so we could meet. I wasn't as camera happy as the others (I hate having my picture taken and am not photogenic).

Nancy--there were bios of the roadtrips attendees only. I did not fill out one as I like to maintain my aura of mystery. Hardy har har Watch for us coming to you on a MEtro North soon!

Robin,
I'm right there with you too. I'm sitting at my computer. Trying to work and just had to hop on the boards to see what's up. Now Im reading about all the memories and starting to tear up. It's like it doesn't even seem like this weekend was real. It's just so dream like. Part of that is due to sleep deprivation from trying to sleep at the airport, but I made it home this morning and had to step back into reality. I've got on one of my Cathe t-shirts and will hopefully get a chance to up load my pics tonight which will help make it more real.

Jean

>I promise Carolyn, one of these days this week I'll post a
>few pics. I wish you had flown on from Germany so we could
>meet. I wasn't as camera happy as the others (I hate having
>my picture taken and am not photogenic).
>
>Nancy--there were bios of the roadtrips attendees only. I did
>not fill out one as I like to maintain my aura of mystery.
>Hardy har har Watch for us coming to you on a MEtro North
>soon!

Yeah, I wish I could have flown back to the mainland myself. I'll be looking out for your pics though! I can actually relate to your phobia (or hatred?) of getting you pic taken. I'd much rather look at pics of my cats than of me;-)

Carolyn

Phyllis, I want to go too! can I invite myself? Let me know when you are going and I will meet you there!!! It's only two and a half or so hours for me to drive there!! Robin... you in???

Like all of you, I have PRTLDS as well.

I was fine until I got in line to board my plane yesterday and my eyes started welling up!!x( I was a skosh embarrased! I pretty much weeped silently the whole flight home (only 55 minutes thankfully!). I was able to compose myself until I saw DH and DD pulling up to pick me up, then I weeped openly! My DH and DD were so excited to hear all about it though, so even if they don't really "get it", they get it enough to understand how important it was.

I called in sick today. Back to reality tomorrow...:-(

Hey Robin, Hey everyone,

I begged for details on the other threads, so give it up girls, I will still beg you too!

I read how tiny Cathe and her crew looked-it must be true, they were all very short but very buff!

How was Cathe in person? Super sweet, does she have an accent? Did you get to talk to her or any of the others?

What did you guys eat? How did you get ready, shower and all of that in 30 minutes? I was looking at your schedule and wondered how after being sweaty, and the trip back to hotel, you only had 30 minutes to freshen up for dinner and stuff? Wow, it takes me at least 45 minutes, the wet hair and all!:7 Thanks for sharing!

Did you trip all over your board during step? I would have!

Hmmm...let's see...I'll try to answer a few questions for ya.

Yep, Cathe and crew were all very tiny in person, just like you've heard. I'm not that tall, but I look huge compared to them (not just taller, either). And Jai and Lorraine were wearing heels in the pic that I took with them! (Sorry no pics yet; I haven't gotten my act together enough to post them yet, but I will.)

Cathe was indeed super-sweet. She really made an effort to learn people's names and even remembered a lot of folks that she had met before. I had never met her, but while I was doing the relay she pointed at me and said my name! Freaked me out! I think she may have read my nametag, but she was kind of far away. And then the next day when I had my picture taken with her after kickbox, she remembered my name (and I wasn't wearing my nametag!) I was impressed that she'd made such an effort to get to know us, as well as you can get to know 105 people in 2 days.

At the end of the step class I thanked Cathe for showing us some of the new choreography from the new series (it's great, BTW) and I said that I was having some trouble learning it in a class setting...at home I have rewind and a pause button. She offered to go through the moves with me one-on-one right there! So sweet. And me being an idiot, I said no, that's okay, I'll get it eventually, since I have a pause button at home. Duh. Cathe was offering me a private lesson and I said no!!!! I don't know what I was thinking. Actually, I do know...I didn't want to take up too much of her time.

Cathe and all of the crew were so great about posing for pics and signing autographs. They always had a smile on their faces, and even when the lines of people waiting to talk to them stretched across the room, they were always patient and so friendly. It was really great. Brenda came to the step class, put down her stuff, then came over and sat by us just to chat. We were so psyched! I thanked her for how patient she'd been with all of us hounding her for autographs and pictures and she said it was so much fun, that on Mon she would be going back to work and back to the everyday as usual.

Cathe looks and talks pretty much like she does on the videos...what you see on screen is genuine. Everyone was even prettier in person, especially Lorraine. Like I said, they all were so sweet and genuine.

That's probably enough for now. I gotta get away from the computer, but I'm sure I'll be back to post more later. Definitely feeling that post RT let down....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.