Post partum - STS + which cardio?

merary

Hi all!

I'm about to give birth in a week (yay! can't wait!!) and am planning on getting back on track using the STS workouts in about a month. I also have the BG-BM2-DM-LIC series and the 4 Day Split series, plus a treadmill at home.

Which cardio routine would you suggest to add to STS to get best results? Would you recommend following the 3 month rotation or six month rotation?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks!!

I'd recommend the 6 month rotation since you've been off of heavy exercise for a while! As for cardio, I like to alternate a cardio/abs day with an STS weights day for a 6 day a week program. On the 3 cardio days of the week, I try and do a kickbox, a high intensity floor work, and a step routine to cross train. With the workouts you have I'd suggest:
1. floor cardio day: treadmill, drillmax cardio premix, 4day split bootcamp
2. kickbox day-you have 4 day split kickbox. you might want to get another kickbox workout because they are really good to do the day (or 2 or 3) after STS legs. They work out a lot of the tight muscles in the hips and hamstrings. I like Kickmax and Kick, Punch Crunch. MMA Kickbox also works well.
3. step day-lots of choices with your LIC cardio premix, the several BM2 cardio premixes, the 4 day split LIS/HIS or both.
I hope you have a safe delivery and healthy baby!
Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.