Post Partum Sept 23

gidget1978

Cathlete
Hey Moms!

I can't beleive I didn't check in last week! Not b/c I wasn't up early enough!

Whats new with everyone? I had to meet with my boss this week to tell him I was comming back to work in Nov and clearly favoritism is being displayed. He is telling me that 2 part time employees have priority over myself and one of these girls actually quit last yr for a few monthes and didn't come back until I left on mat leave...b/c there wasn't a job for her to come back to!!!! Can you beleive that? I am now waiting for him to make his "decision" but I have been in contact with the labor board in the meantime to see if what he is doing is right or wrong.
But with this being said, my friend is looking for a full time nanny. Im tempted to take the job b/c I get to stay home with Rylan. I need to decide what to do. Even though I was looking forward to going back to work, Id like to spend my days with my little man as well.

My weight is still the same but I am good with it. 124.6 lbs as of yesterday. 5 lbs less then my pre preg weight:)
Mon- 75 mins run
Tues- Drill Max
Wed- 9.5 mile run (95 mins)
Thurs- #1 HCE DVD
Fri-75 mins run
Sat-BM2 Bootcamp premix
Sun-MM and KPC

Rylan is so busy right now! He squirms and wiggles! Sometimes its hard to keep him in my arms. And he as another tooth, thats 3 now. He is trying to crawl and even puts his hands on things but can't pull himself up yet.
Hope everyone as a good week. Hopefully I won't forget to check in later to see what everyone and their babies are doing!

Lori:)

Lori, hello! As always, great to hear from you. So sorry to hear that you are having problems with work. Sounds like you are being jacked around for sure, and I hope there is a good outcome from all of this for you. Is it a job you enjoy? Or, are you feeling like you're ready for a change? Best of luck getting through it and vent as needed:) :)

Awesome about your weight loss!!! Your workouts inspire me, in fact, I wasn't sure I felt like exercising yesterday but then read your post and got my butt of the couch. LOL felt so much better afterwards too.

Had a good, consistent week of workouts last week and am feeling really comfortable with some of Cathe's low Advanced level workouts like LowMax and KPC (both are Fittv versions). I'm hoping that's a good sign that I can try some of the more challenging stuff! Here's what I did:

Monday – Elliptical & Upper Body (40min)
Tuesday – Cathe Low Max (Step-45min)
Wednesday – Outdoor Walk (30min)
Thursday – Crunch Superslimdown (Yoga/Pilates-40min)
Friday – Rest Day
Saturday – Outdoor Walk & Cathe Total Body Sculpt (50min)
Sunday – Cathe Low Max (Step-45min)

Ryan is doing well, although his teething is really bothering him. He's more wakeful at night but I think he's very close to sprouting several more teeth. He's crawling everywhere, pulling up, and even starting to go up the stairs (yikes!). Actually, he's having a great time being mobile;)

Question for you ladies, now that I am getting more comfortable with Cathe's choreography, do you think I could attempt Body Max 2? I was thinking it could be one I could break down into segments to learn it. I've read so many great reviews of it, and have previewed it and really like the music. Let me know what you think. I also want to purchase Low Impact Circuit (probably for Christmas).

Okay, have a great week!

Stacey

Ryan born 1/2/07
Emma born 4/27/03
Alex born 9/7/01

Oh Stacy! I love BM2! I think you should definitly give it a try. What do you have to lose? One of the girls in the ww's checkin tried it and was going to sell it again. I talked her into keeping it and she tried it a few more times till she got the hang of it, now she really enjoys doing it! I love all of cathes workouts b/c once you know most of her choreography, even with a new workout, you will see moves you know so its not to confusing.
Rylan doesn't move very fast yet! haha I think he is to lazy. It kind of pulls himself towards me when I am sitting on the floor with him but he could careless about moving anywhere anytime soon.Im not looking forward to when he figures out where the stairs are.

Lori:)

Hi Lori!
Thanks for your input on BM2, I think it's going on my wish list for Christmas. It just looks like such a good workout to me, and I'm really catching on to her choreography quickly.

I didn't preorder the new ones, and will be curious to hear how people like the new series. Think I'll wait on those for a while and get caught up with a couple of hers from the last series.

Okay, I'll check back in later;)

Stacey

Ryan born 1/2/07
Emma born 4/27/03
Alex born 9/7/01

Hey, ladies!

Sounds like everyone is doing well exercise-wise! I have decided to give myself one more week off before starting up with stroller walking next week. Mainly it is because Ella is not on a very reliable schedule at this point.

Lori - what is your job? That nanny position sounds AWESOME! I wish I could stay home with my little one and get paid! Hee hee.

Stacey - you should soooo try BM2!!! I thought it was soooo much fun, and I don't remember it being too complicated.

Ladies, I have a question. Ella (needless to say she IS still a newborn at 2 1/2 weeks) still seems to have erractic night sleeping schedules. One night, she's asleep at 9 pm, the next night 10 pm and another night midnight. Sometimes she sleeps for 2 hours at a time, sometimes 4 hour incremements, but nothing is very scheduled. Same with during the day. So my question is: do I just let her figure out her own schedule? Will she eventually settle into a better sleep schedule during the night and day, or do I need to start "putting" her on a schedule?

Same with breastfeeding - I assume she will eventually settle into a better feeding schedule, but do you know about how long that will take? As we are approaching 3 weeks, it seems like things are getting better, but I'm just trying to figure out if what we're experiencing is normal . . .

Thanks, gals!

Chrissy

Hi Chrissy.

Yes, she will eventually fall into a better sleep pattern. I think I read that it takes 6 weeks before their body can tell the difference between night and day. So right now, to her body, it is all the same (unfortunately for you :) Give her some more time, she will start getting in a routine in a few more weeks.

And, yes, once her sleeping is somewhat on a schedule, so will be her feeding. Hang in there!

Well, I said last week was going to be better for workouts, but it wasn't. Oh well. I will get there. I did manage to get a couple in.

Mon - walk
Tue - off
Wed - off
Thur - bootcamp (just 30 min)
Fri- off
Sat - other half of bootcamp
Sun - off

Good job ladies for all the workouts you are doing! You are an encouragement to me!!!

Hi Moms!

It sounds like everyone is doing well. Lori, your workouts continue to amaze me. I don't know how you manage such long workouts with an infant around. What does your baby do while you are exercising? I am jealous because my baby boy interrupted my workout six times this morning. I was so aggravated, but I tried not to get too mad. He is almost 7 weeks old now, and seems to be awake more during the day. But I can't seem to predict when that will be. It used to be that mornings I could count on him being asleep, but no such luck today!

Stacey, you should definitely try BM2. It's a tough workout, but the choreography itself isn't too complicated at all. It's just a super long workout (over 90 min). But you can certainly break it up and there are tons of good premixes. You should give it a try.

Chrissy, I am in the same boat as you. Jeremy's eating and sleeping schedule is so erratic. I don't breastfeed, though. The biggest issue is his sleep pattern. He tends to be awake until 11 p.m. or midnight. That is a real issue for my hubby, as he works full time. We alternate taking care of him at night, and his nights with Jeremy, he barely gets any sleep. I am worried about it because eventually I will have to go back to work, too. I am starting back one day per week in October, then back to three days in November. I don't know how to get him out of this pattern of being awake at night. He is awake a great deal during the day now, but I guess not enough. He can be quite fussy in those late evening hours, too. He can't seem to get comfortable, like he wants to go to sleep, but he can't. I fear he is being held too much, but I don't know what else to do.

As for getting our babies on a schedule, Chrissy, I am not sure that is entirely within our control. Everyone one says you have to "put" babies on a schedule, but I tend to think it is best if they figure it out on their own (within reason, of course). I don't know how you can make a baby do what you want them to do. They are too young to self soothe and I don't want Jeremy screaming just because it's "not time to eat yet" (my mom tries to tell me that all the time). So, I am not sure I can offer you much help, just rest assured I know what you are going through! I am going to read this book called "Happiest Baby on the Block" that I just bought, and I will let you know if it's helpful. Good luck!

Re: my workouts and weight loss, I am kind of frustrated. I went in for my 6 week post partum check and discovered I actually have 13 more pounds to lose. I figure I better stick with the weight shown on my doctor's scale, as it is what I went by before and during my pregnancy. (I prefer what my mom's scale said!) So, I guess I better seriously clean up my diet. That is where I get in trouble, as I love to eat. I am snacking too much, which will get better when I am working again (that's a definite bonus to working- too busy to munch). But in the meantime, I have to keep myself busy so I don't reach for that bag of pretzels!

Last week, I did the following workouts:

Sunday- BM2
Monday- CIA's Criss Cross Cardio
Tuesday- B&G
Wednesday- Christi's Still Jumpin' + 10 min abs
Thursday- Rest
Friday- HST + 10 min abs
Saturday- Rest

This week, I have done the following:

Sunday- CIA's Kick Butt Combat + SB ab section from B&G
Monday- IMax 2
Today- Patrick's Dumb Training

It's tough to get in a workout every day with two kids. I am lucky to get five good workouts a week, whereas I used to get six pretty regularly. I just have to make the most of the workouts I do get, and pray that baby Jeremy doesn't interrupt me.

Take care, everyone. Keep up the good work.

Erin

Jeremy born 8/8/07
Ethan born 10/12/02

Hi mommies,

Sorry, checking in late as usual ;-) .

Looks like everyone is doing well, that is great.

Here are my workouts from last week:

Mon - LIC
Tue - Tae Bo Get Ripped II
Wed - HSC
Thu - off (was meeting at the mall with a mommies group, but no one showed up x( :eek: ;( )
Fri - Step, Pump and Jump (Step and Weights Circuit Premix)
Sat - off
Sun - 60 min Treadmill (40 min jog and 20 min walk)

Other than that, I am chasing Heidi through the house. We just bought a runner for the hallway and she loves it. We got laminate flooring throughout the house, so she enjoys the cushiony runner, hehe.

Lori - Sorry to hear about the thing at your job. Getting to stay home with you baby and watch him grow up and babysitting some other kids and getting paid for it sounds great to me!!! Go for it!

Stacey - BM2 is a great workout and as you said you can break it down and work your way up to it.

Chrissy - Yes, let her figure out her own schedule, there is not you can do to change it anyway. She'll get on the right track, don't worry. Breastfeeding will be the same way, so just feed her any time she wants to and she will get into a pattern as well.

Robin - A couple workouts is better than none at all. You'll get there.

Erin - Don't be frustrated, your little one is only 7 1/2 weeks old, so don't worry about the weight loss. Your workouts are awesome, so you will be back in your pre-pregnancy shape in no time.

Ok ladies, getting ready to put Heidi down for a nap, so I can get my workout in, but I will check back later.

Kristine :)

Chrissy, she will get into a better sleeping pattern. Right now, everything is so unpredictable but thats what babies are. No one knows when they are going to want to eat or sleep next. Just be patient and everything will eventually fall into place. How long it takes...I dunno! I can remember when Rylan use to only wake at 1 and 5 and then some nights he would wake at 1,3,5&8...those were rough nights and I was soooo tired!
I worked at the airport at a refueling stop for jets going to the U.S and Europe (mainly) it wasn't a very stressful job and could be quit boring at times!
Hope Ella lets you get more sleep! She is still really young so she may surprise you but I know how hard it is when you are sleep deprived.

Erin, I never really had issues with working out once I got the hang of it. I would always workout during his nap which was always early.He wakes around 6:30 and at that time, he use to be gone for a nap around 8 or 9. During my runs, he comes along and I push him in the stroller, regardless of if its nap time or night, he always goes to sleep! I think tomorrow will be a run cause its suppose to be sunny...time is getting short for running outside! My at home workouts are getting alittle harder now though cause his naps are either shorter or he decides to only have one nap a day. And his morning nap is usually around 11 ish and everyone comes home for lunch around 12 so my workouts are only short. Im not sure how I will get my workouts in when I go back to work!!!!

Kristine, you had a good trip home I assume? Glad to hear Heidi is doing well. I don't think we can buy those toys in Canada. Something to do with babies falling down the stairs? prehaps they should have removed the parents and not the toys...although I know accidents happen, I dont think I would be letting Rylan zoom around a house in one of those with steps!

Alright....glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Lori

Lori:) :)

Hi Mommies,

Sorry for being MIA for a while. I took a few weeks off from work to visit my parents in TX (first time seeing Olivia) and a week off to get Amaya settled into kindergarten (it was a breeze, that girl amazes me:)). Then my first week back at work was super stressful and had no time to get on the computer. Somehow, though, I managed to maintain my workouts through it all :):)

Ladies, I must say that you guys are awesome!! I was so psyched to see such great workouts from everyone. You guys are really inspiring :). Even though I can get into most of my old clothes, I still have a few challenges:-( Trying not to get down about it...I figure another month or two ought to do the trick. I was thinking about purchasing Butt & Gut as my abs are a major factor. Do you love it or hate it? Is it effective?

Olivia is growing by leaps and bounds. It seems as though she started crawling (forward - she had been crawling backward for a couple of weeks) and standing up all at the same time. She does this thing where she sticks her butt in the air with her legs straight and just kind of lifts her torso and stands up!! I know - it's weird!!! Even as I'm watching, I'm thinking, Ripley's Believe It or Not! Shouldn't she be pulling herself up??? I think she's anxious to keep up with big sis ;)

Anyway, here are the workouts from last week

Mon - L&G
Tues - Bootcamp
Wed - MM
Thurs - LM
Fri - KPC & CM1
Sat - Off
Sun - Off

Enjoy your week :)
Trish

Hi everyone. Thanks for the encouragement on the weight loss, ladies. I will keep "plugging away" as they say. I remember after my first son, I didn't get into my pre-pregnancy clothes again for almost a year. And some clothes, I never got into again. There is something about being pregnant that totally changes your shape. I now have hips, whereas prior to having kids, I never did. I am typically an apple shape, so I am used to the abdominal area being a problem. But now having to contend with hips, makes fitting into pants and shorts quite challenging. I think it's most discouraging to me because just before finding out I was pregnant, I got down under 130 lbs, which I hadn't been in probably 4-5 years. Oh well, it will all work out in the end. I just have to keep working out and definitely clean up my diet. That is the real issue! I know you all understand. :)

Today, I had intended to do Christi Taylor's Hi Lo Heaven (about 60 min of it), but had to stop at 45 min because baby Jeremy woke up screaming. He had a horrible day yesterday, mainly from what I assume was a tummy ache (he took 4 "poopies" last night). He only slept about 2 hours the whole day long, and wasn't asleep for the night until after 11:30 p.m. I am exhausted! And the plumber is here installing a new water heater, so who knows when I will get to take a nap. Jeremy is asleep now, of course. He is so cute. I just adore him, despite the sleep deprivation and all.

That's it for now. Take care, everyone!

Erin

Jeremy born 8/8/07
Ethan born 10/12/02

Hi everyone!
So nice to hear from all of you!

Lori, how are things going? Any news on the job front? Hope that all gets resolved soon.

Chrissy, hello again and thanks for the input on BM2, it's definitely my next purchase along with LIC! Ella will get onto a schedule, it will just take a few months. I've found the first 3 months are quite an adjustment (for everyone) and things will settle down. Hang in there:)

Robin, good job on the workouts last week, and don't worry about not getting in as many as you wanted to! We all have tough weeks, and it does take time to get into a good routine, especially with several little ones. Hang in there and keep trying.

Erin, your workouts look great also so don't get discouraged about the weight loss and your baby's erratic schedule!! Things will get easier. I know it is SO tough to be patient with the weight loss, but I strongly believe in the "9 months to gain, and 9 months to lose" statement about pregnancy weight. Also, I think our bodies do change after pregnancy and I've found it really takes a full year to feel back to "normal". I'm now down to my prepreggo weight after about 9 months, but definitely have some areas (mostly abdominal) that I need to concentrate on.

Kristine, hello there! Heidi sounds a lot like my Ryan, on the go:) Your workouts are looking great and sounds like things are going well for you.

Trish, great to hear from you:)! Glad your girls are doing well and the tranisition for Amaya to kindergarten went so well, and that you are settling back into work.

Having a tough week so far as Ryan and Emma are fighting nasty headcolds. My DH and I were up about every hour with Ryan last night and he was running a fever. Luckily the fever is gone today and he is finally getting some sleep. No workouts so far for me since I've been WIPED out! I'm hoping to get workouts in for the rest of the week starting tomorrow, depending on whether I get more sleep tonight!

Happy Wednesday everyone;)

Stacey

Ryan born 1/2/07
Emma born 4/27/03
Alex born 9/7/01

Hi, all,

Well, I didn't get a chance to go for a walk today like I wanted. I put Ella in her car seat and she screamed bloody murder!!! I think it may be time to adjust her seat belts on the car seat. I think she's going through a growth spurt - doesn't that happen around 3 weeks? She's been eating like crazy again. At her 2 week appointment, she had gained a little over a pound since her 3 day check-up. Whoa!

Erin, I have that book too, but I have not really had the time to sit and read it. I briely looked through the 5 S's, but that's about it. Please let me know if you get a chance to read some good facts in it -it may be a while before I can get to some of that. And you have TWO kids!!!! Oh my! I know eventually hubby and I will have another kid, but the thought of it right now totally tires me out!!!

Ladies, thanks for the encouragement about getting into a schedule. At this early in the stage, it seems like Ella will never be on a schedule. She's on a very similar schedule to Erin's baby right now, but she's been known to change it! LOL. Six weeks seems to be this magic number for babies: sleeping schedules start to settle in, feeding schedules set themselves, her immune system is strong enough to go into crowds, she begins to interact a little more with people . . .it's like this miracle time in their lives!!! It seems so far away! But I wouldn't wish this time away for anything. Some day I'll be wondering where all the time went, and I'll miss her tiny little face and habits . . .

Ok, off to rest, ladies! Take care.

Chrissy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.