post partum check in week of Oct. 1

shopaholic

Cathlete
Hi to all you mommies,
welcome to any new moms.

Ashley is now 4 1/2 months. She is continuing to sleep through the night and is generally happy. She is doing better with her solids, and is eating 3 meals of solids now. That petite gal sure has an appetite, maybe she'll put on some weight. As I stated last week, she was under 10 pounds at her 4 month check up. I am still hoding onto those last 1-2 pounds and my weight has flexuated like crazy, 2 pounds up or day in a day.But my size 1's fit me again! (A reminder I am under 5 feet). I think it is nursing related. Ashley is drinking more and more formula though. We made it to the park 4 or 5 times last week.

Workouts-Did a dustbummy/virgin tape week
Sun-Karen voight-pilates bodyreform+power packed
Mon-bodybar bootcamp+the method cardio bootcamp
Tues-double cardio-bosu blast(on the step)
Wed-pam cosmi's cardio sculpt+mtv adv. upper sect.
Thurs-gay. g.-cardio step express
Fri-shrink the female fat zones+2nd sect. power kickbox(denise a.)
+ super chissel it
sat-billy's favor. moves+NAC interval plus seg. 2 of Kathy's cardio fat burner.

hi shopaholic - i think finn is going to pass your little gal. i am sure he is over 10lbs now though still in his 0-3month clothes at 3.5 months. he is definately not sleeeping thru the night, though most nights are pretty good these days. he usually gets up at 4am for a feeding then goes back to bed at 7. some nights are still rough.... our transition to daycare is going well, though finn has had a stuffy nose and cough since he started. but he is happy and i think they enjoy him. i am finding work exhausting but really good as well. my job is so rewarding, i just feel fortunate to work part time. my weight too is fluctuating by 3lbs or so but the routine of work is helping me balance i think. all my clothes fit more loosely than before, so i should not complain. i would like to lose 5lbs though. just maybe not right this month:) my dh heads back out of town again for 3 weeks next wednesday, so things will be challenging i think. i will miss my outdoor runs with the dog!

finn loves trying to move these days. he always wants to stand up or sit up. he notices everything and loves to go for walks outside.

workouts:
sun - kpc, musc endur
mon - run 8 mil
tues - run 8 mil, legs and glutes
weds - imax 3, pub
thurs - run 8 mil
fri - step blast, low max blasts only
sat - run 9 mil

mary, i am thinking of you - how are things going?
rachel, linda, and curly, how are your little ones?

Hi Morris & Elyse and other mommies! Looks like everyone is doing well.

Baby Jadon is now 10 months old and walking all over the place. He's a great eater, but not a good sleeper. One itsy nap in AM (15min) and a 'long' nap in afternoon (1 to 1.5 hrs). He continues to wake at night to feed (nurses 1-2 times) but heads off to sleep around 830 & wakes for day around 730. He likes to sleep w/one hand on me at all times (still co-sleeping).

Exercising is going well enough, about 5 workouts/week. LOVE my double jogger--I"ve almost exclusively worked out with it all summer! My best time ever for my 5K is 23 minutes!!! Yahoo! A couple years ago I was happy with under 30 minutes. Morris, do you have a strollermeter? There was some gadget in one of my parent magazines that you could attatch to your torso/stroller so you didn't have to 'push' the stroller w/your hands (so you could keep proper running technique). It's called Stroll-Smart, www.stroll-smart.com

My current & probably life long battle will be clean eating!!!!

Have a great week!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

thanks for the tip, melanie. it will be a must have for next spring. alas, up here in maine, i think the jogger running will be out soon. when my dh is home i can still go out early early with my dog, but little finn will be too cold i think. i was wondering how your dh is feeling? also, did you start signing with your 2 year old?

i too am going to battle clean eating forever. good thing i love cardio:)

Morris, you are too sweet...asking about DH. He's doing GREAT! He's currently being tapered off narcotics for post herpatic pain...he's on lowest dose, soon to be completely off (except for breakthrough pain). His vision is still very poor, but we're praying that inflammation will eventually go down & then he'll be a good candidate for cornea transplant. Thanks again for asking.

Signing is GREAT too!! Wow! What a huge difference. He caught on right away, he learned about 40-50 signs within a week & began talking right along with the signs. My only regret is I didn't start sooner!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Hi everyone!!!! Sorry I've been in hiatus. I've been very busy with all sorts of stuff ;)
Molly is doing incredible. She is sooooo easy going. Everyone asks if she ever cries. She just started to sleep through the night. She would only wake up once in the the middle and then early morning. But now it just at about 5am and then she goes right back to sleep for another 2 hours. Which is perfect because that's when Hannah wakes up. I'm sure there will be some set backs though and once teething comes around.... She's already creeping around, I find her in a different position in her crib when I go get her. Oh boy, she'll be another active one. Too cute!

I've been LOVING Rhythmic step. Wow that is such a fun one. I change out that and IMAX and Lomax and Maximum Cardio throughout the week. I usually get 4 days in right now, hoping to get back to 5 to 6 days.

Morris, you sound great and Finn sounds wonderful.

Just to let you all know, I'll be on my local news the 24th promoting a new tee shirt that is a special limited edition for Breast Cancer Awareness. $5. of each tee sold will be donated to the breast cancer foundation. Please tell friends and family that love to shop for girly cute tees and want to support the fight against the yucky disease. The tees will be available by Oct. 17th and can be purchased on my website www.curlyqtees.com

Thanks you all and keep up the good work. You all sound wonderful!!!
:* :*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.