post partum check in week of aug 6

morris

Cathlete
hey everyone. hope your weeks are going great. i am feeling pretty good right now - dh was gone all last week but returned saturday night. once i got a little help with one of those night time feedings, i felt much better. finn is changing and growing so very very fast. he continues to eat well but is very gassy. the last 2 nights he has gone from 10pm to 2am then again at 5. perhaps we are making progress.

my week:
sun - run 7 mil, 25 min strength
mon - run 7 mil, legs and glutes
tues- imax 3
weds - run 7 mil, me lower body only
thurs - step blast, walk 2 mil, muscle endurance upper bofy only
fri - kpc, low max blast only, stability ball plb
sat - run7 mil, pub

imax 3 is new for me and i am really enjoying it.

have a good week everyone

Morris, sounds like he is doing great at night! Good for you. Soon enough, you will be relieved of the nighttime feedings. How exciting. Is he just changing every minute? And you can tell what he's discovering differently each day. Isn't is amazing how you can tell what he needs by his different cries? So cool!

Hope everyone else is doing great...

Sunday- 3 mile walk with kids and dogs
Monday- Step Blast
Tues.- off
Wed.- Lo Max
Thurs. off
Friday- off
Sat. Swam

Soon enough I'll be back to 5 days a week.

My week was not that great. It was my first week back to work and my husband took vacation and stayed home with the kids. He did really well!

Sunday - High step Challenge
Tuesday - Walk 30 minutes
Friday - Mindy Mylrea Boot Camp/Walk 40 minutes

Katie's belly troubles seem to be going away with the change in formula and Pepcid.

She slept great last night. 10-3, ate at 3 and 5:30. She then stayed in her bed until I woke her up at 7:30am. I wanted to nurse her before I left for work. Until this morning she has been wanting out of her bed as soon as the sun rises. She will go back to sleep but only if being held. I hope that staying in her bed is a new trend!

I hope to work out on my days off which are Weds, Fri, Sat, Sun. Once I get that down I may add a day before work.

I have 9 pounds to go!

Rachel

Katie 6/20/06

Oh Rachel! Going back to work is soooooo hard, even when babes home with DH. I'm so lucky my DH is stay at home Dad .... and it's still hard going to work & my little one is 8 mos old already! Too bad I couldn't just retire & stay home with the kids, but I just graduated 4 years ago and owe oodles of student loans!!!!

Anyway, I made it through the 10K. I was second in my age group, just 30 seconds behind first place (and first place women to complete 10K). I was 7th overall, with a time just over 52 minutes. I"m super proud of my time, and think I may be able to do 1/2 marathon this year if one lands on the right date!

I haven't done Cathe in weeks now. Lots of running, and a couple of Turbo Jams here and there. I'm hyped about her working on the new DVDs though!

Jadon is my "good" son right now. Justin (my 2year old) is my "trying" son, and Jory (12 year old) is in the middle. We're hoping Justin will outgrow 2's before he turns 3!!!

Have a great week!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

rachel, i think it is amazing and fantastic that you exercised as much as you did your first week back at work! it cannot be easy. so glad katie is doing well with her formula and pepcid though. that must be a relief. what time of day are you finding it best to work out?

curly, those are great workouts so soon. how does it feel? i bet the dogs loved having you walk with them!

Hi everyone,
Melamie, even Angelic Alexis has been trying lately. Great job on the running!
morris, Imax 3 is agreat one. When crunched for time, try the blast only premix.
Rachel, how hard it must have been to go back to work so soon.
Curly, sounds like some fun workouts.

Ashley has had a cold so she's been a little fussier. Last night though, she slept from 11-3, then 3:20-7 am . usually she sleeps for 3 hours. She is looking more and more like a mini person now and smiles and takes everything in. I think I dropped about 1/2 pound but find that my weight is flexuating by 2 pounds, btw its lower after nursing. I did a firm/fitprime week of workouts last week. I'll post tomorrow. Right now I have a sleeping ainfant on me. I saw 2 clients at my office last week, with hubby watching them.It is nice to ease back into work.

Workouts:
Fewer walks this week due to high temps and humidity.

Sun-fitprime-up and down+power cardio
Mon-walk to the park with kids+kickbutt steamin cardio +firm adv. cardio blast
Tues-firm cardio burn+tough tape 2
wed-firm super cardio+express cardio
Thurs-firm total body shaping mix
Fri-firm core cardio 1+ tae bo adv. live vol. 4
Sat-walk to the park with the kids+firm upper body split

I always work out in the morning. If I wait until evening I am too tired. With Katie wanting out of her bed between 5:30 and 6 this gets me up. I find shortly after we get up she will go in her bouncy chair and sleep in that or the swing while I work out. My older daughter will watch TV or play by herself if she gets up before I am done. (she is 6 1/2) The challenge in a couple of weeks will be to work out and have everyone ready to leave the house to get my older one to first grade. Eventually I will try to work out at least once on a work day. 4 times a week will have to be enough for now.

Rachel

rachel, i am a morning exerciser too. i am amazed by the moms who have the energy at the end of the day to sort out dinner, do bedtime, then work. usually i can just manage bedtime:)

shopaholic, great workouts. do you recommend any of the ones you have in the event i branch out ever? hope you are all feeling better. did ashley make a quick transition to those longer sleep times at night or did it take a while? seems as though i had one or 2 longer stretches with finn at night, then back to the 3 or not quite 3hr stretch!

Morris, just as I think Ashley is sleeping better, she slides back. every day/night is still different. The firms are quite different than cathe, firm's cardios are easier than cathe but I find their strength woth good and they have lots of leg toning. Let me know if you want to try a firm video, I'll lend some out. I am finding that I need to keep changing my workouts to prevent boredom plus deal with no a/c.

Hello mommies!

All of your workouts look awesome!

Here are mine...
Sunday: Low Max
Monday: Circuit Max
Tuesday: Kick Max
Wednesday: Gauntlet
Thursday: off
Friday: P90x Core Synergistics
Saturday: 20 minute workout

Alice is still a pretty good sleeper. Last week she had 4 nights where she slept for 7 hours...then went back to 4 hour stretches. I was really getting use to those long stretches. This week she seems to be back on 7 hour stretches.

I lost another pound this week. My "fat" clothes are starting to fit better. 15 pounds to go...

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Shopaholic,
I am curious what you think of the newer Firms vs. the older Firms. I loved vol 1 & 2. But, everything I tried after that was too easy ... plus, it was too theatrical. Are they any better?

Christi, the classics still are the best, in my opinion for toning but adv. cardio blast is their best cardio. I also love some of the firms from a few years afo, power cardio/cardio burn. I have the newer ones but no transfirmer. Today I am going to do ultimate calorie burner and add intensity. Yesterday wass firm vol. 3 with sandahl which remains a great firm. Suprisingly I am seeing more results with the firm than with cathe lately. Maybe my body got too used to cathe. I own almost all the firms. Great job on losing more weight.

Shopaholic,
I forgot about vol 3 w/ Sandahl. That one was not that bad either.
One of these days I will have to give the Firms a try again. The Cardio Blast video sounds promising.

I know what you mean about having results with the Firms. My body always responds well to low weight/high rep exercises. The Slim Series uses that method and I saw great results using that series after baby #1 (Maisie) was born. The only problem is that I am totally bored with them right now.

Talk to you later...

Christi, my body does do best with high rep/lo weight too. I am only 5 feet tall with shoes and bulk up on the lower with some cathes. I did ultimate calorie blaster today and was suprised at how I sweated.
Morris, I don't think the firms are for you but look into Mindy Mylrea workouts. Another oldie, but goodie, you may like is reebok intense moves.

Hey girlees
I just ordered Rythmic Step and Cardio Max and whatever the third one is that comes on the dvd, I forget. I"m excited. Do any of you have it or tried it???

The 3rd workout is Interval Max. I LOVE IMAX! It is probably my favorite Cathe video. The intervals are awesome and it works you hard. I hope you have fun with this one. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.