Post Partum Check in week ending June 18th

wendymin72

Cathlete
Hi new moms!

Here are my work outs for the week just past...

Sun: REST

Mon: Basic Step/Stability Ball Abs

Tue: Basic Step/All Step Abs

Wed: 10*10*10/CTX Back/L & G Floor Only premix

Thu: Push Pull

Fri: SJP w/u & hi/lo / CTX Chest & LL abs

Sat: Rest

Really starting to get back in the groove of exercising now and I love it! I missed it sooo much for those 5 weeks I wasn't able to do it!

All is well otherwise! Joey's really improved with his sleeping and his crying. I changed his formula to lactose free and it seems to have done wonders for him. I am sooo happy!:)

He was at the doctor's this morning. He is 9 pounds 8 ounces and 21 1/4 inches long! He's eating like a champ and growing like one too! He's making his mommy proud! :+ :+ :+

Have a good week ladies!

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

Wow, Wendy! I'm impressed with your workouts! I had found it hard to workout, as I never knew how long my baby would sleep (colicy). Now I can do a full workout without much interruption, as his colic is waning- hurray!

Last week little Eric and I got a bad cold, and I found myself preferring naps to working out!

Last Week:

Monday: Walking and Cathe C&W Abs
Tuesday: Cathe Cardio Kicks
Friday: Cathe Coremax #1
Saturday: Cathe HSC

Jen V

Hi Girls! Wendy-you didn't waste any time getting right back into the swing of things! You go!!! I am impressed, too. Jen-that's great that you did manage to exercise even though you and Eric had a cold. How are you both doing now?
My workouts:
Sun: swam (not really exercising, though)
Mon: Walk-30 min.
Tues: Body Fusion/Step, Abs
Wed: Walk-30 min.
Thurs: Walk-1 hour, abs
Fri: KPC, 30 min.
Sat: GS Legs-timesaver #1 (wow-that is hard!)Abs

Andy is taking a nap now, so I am going to go and try to squeeze one in too.
-Jen

I'm so impressed with the dedication you "Post Partums" have to your workouts. I'm 4 weeks post c-section so all I can do is walk until given clearance. I can't wait to get back to my Cathe workouts! When I feel down about missing my daily dose of Cathe, I remember that she took a full 7 weeks off after delivering her son and she looks fabulous!
Besides that...breastfeeding is my new daily (more like hourly) workout

:)

Jen V-So happy to hear that your little guy's colic is starting to go away. You must be THRILLED! As I'm sure he is too! :+

Jen-Great work outs. Napping is important!

Mizz-I did not give birth by C section so I was SNEAKING in light work outs starting at 4 weeks (before I saw the doc for the okay) but if I had had one, I don't think I would have done that. Good job on the breast feeding!

So many are BF'ing successfully...I just couldn't hack it. x( Plus the fact that my little boy is extremely impatient when it comes to feeding time so he didn't want to work to get that milk down. He's got his mommy's appetite and her ATTITUDE when he gets hungry!}( }( }( lol I can be a bear if I don't get my food!:p

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

Wendy
Thanks for the kind words re:breastfeeding. The truth is that without my husband taking 6 weeks off (nice, I know) I would have not been able to do it.
Funny that something so natural is so complicated...
Regardless, every new mom has to do what works and obviously your little guy is thriving! Colic? Don't even write that 4-letter word. I really don't know how people survive that - short of earplugs.
Keep us posted on the workouts - reading all about the new moms helps with some of the mixed emotions and isolation I've been feeling.
Have a good (and colic free) day all you new moms!!!

Thanks, Jen!

I'm cold-free, and Eric is almost there too. Now I've put my back out - grrrrr....

I'm not making excuses to not workout, honest!:eek:

Jen V

Hi all!

I am very impressed with everyone's exercise schedules. I have not been able to start workouts because I've been busy finishing things at work. I only have 5 more weeks left at this job!!

My father was in town this week to help with the baby! So I got a lot done. Rylee is smiling and cooing a lot now. She likes to have play time now instead of just sleeping all day! Now I feel like all the funny faces I make at her are paying off!

We did an unofficial weighing the other day and Rylee is now about 10lbs (she's about 7 weeks now)!!!! It's good to know that she is getting enough to eat. Sometimes I wonder how much milk she is getting and if its enough. The scale answered my question!

Have a great weekend and see you next week.
Imani

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.