Post-Insanity recovery workout... the day after!

pjlippert

Cathlete
So, what workouts do you like to do the day after Insanity? I got through about 30 seconds of the "warm-up" and just couldn't do it today, I am soooo sore from yesterdays workout. I tried Cathe's LoMax and that was difficult as well.

Now, this is partly my fault for not stretching adequately or taking a recovery bath or taking ZMA at bed-time.

Any recommendations are appreciate.

Thanks!
Pam

follow-up question

So, do the Insanity DOMS become less painful in time? Will my recovery time be quicker?

I would love to weigh in on this and tell you that it gets better, but I just ordered mine yesterday, and I know that is probably a lie....haha :)

I'M A CATHLETE!!!

Woooohooooo! What an honor and before the San Diego Road Trip!!! :D:D:D:eek::eek::D

I feel sooo proud at this moment!! :D

So, what workouts do you like to do the day after Insanity? I got through about 30 seconds of the "warm-up" and just couldn't do it today, I am soooo sore from yesterdays workout. I tried Cathe's LoMax and that was difficult as well.

Now, this is partly my fault for not stretching adequately or taking a recovery bath or taking ZMA at bed-time.

Any recommendations are appreciate.

Thanks!
Pam

You just do more insanity!!! Be sure to hang in at least through the stretch every time- it is only 15 minutes.

The day after the first time I did Plyometric Cardio Circuit I thought I would die! I was sooooooooooo sore! It does get better though! The next time I did it, it wasn't even half as bad so have faith! It gets better! ;)

Phew!! Thanks FitMommy! I was soo unbelievably sore the next day I thought about getting out my crutches! :eek: Glad to know it gets better!

My back was a wreck after PCC for the first time! Of all things I didn't think THAT would hurt me so bad but it was awful! :eek: LOL about the crutches! I hear ya! I've had that before for sure! You'll be fine. A few more times through and you won't even feel it anymore...I promise! :D

Fitmommy- is your nose growing!?!? hehehe!

:eek: Okay well maybe a little bit. :D:p

Seriously though the crippling DOMS only happened the FIRST time...after that it was a little bit here and there but nothing fierce. As for the work outs getting easier? Some parts of every work out got easier and others did not. For example...when I first did PCC I thought the friggin' WARM UP was crazy but that definitely got easier the more I did the work outs. Something that NEVER got easier?? The 2nd interval in PCC where you level 1 drills I believe and then go right into ski abs and in and outs. OH.MY.GAWD.! I NEVER got good at that one! :eek:

Hey Pam! I was only sore the first time through too and pushed my way through the second workout and haven't been too sore since (there is some soreness). I have been extra good about all the stretchs both before and after the workout, not sure if that's what's made a difference for me or if it's been all of the Cathe STS cardio I was doing prior to picking up Insanity.

Fitmommy - thanks for confirming my feeling on the level 1 drills!! OMG! A couple times when I've gone back down to floor after jumping up, I can't even get back off the floor with resting for a second :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.