Post baby acne?

melimcn

Cathlete
Hi all,
Anyone dealt with this and have a good fix? I look like a 16 yr old boy who lives on pizza and chocolate!!

I ordered that Proactive stuff, but so far Benzol (sp?) Peroxide has not made even a dent in the acne on my chest and back, so I don't have high hopes, since that's what's in Proactive.

My body is coming along nicely at 2 weeks pp and I'm back in my normal clothes...I just wish I felt like showing it off!

I'm sorry I have no suggestions, although Proactiv didn't work for me. Pre-pregnancy, I used a cleanser with salicylic acid and then an acne cream with benzoyl peroxide, and that worked for me. After I became pregnant, I discontinued their use because I heard or read it wasn't good to use products with such ingredients during pregnancy.

Anyway, just wanted to say congrats on getting back in your normal clothes after just 2 weeks! That's AWESOME!!! :D

Zinc gluconate, 50 mg. It completely cleared me and my acne was so severe the dermatolgist told me that I'd have to go on accutane. I'm breastfeeding and I guess the zinc doesn't go thru the breast milk due to it being a mineral and not water soluble...my pediatrician said it was fine to take. It took about a month before it really made a difference though.
Proactiv made my acne soooo much worse! Congratulations on your baby and getting into your pre-preg clothes already!?!?!

Bethany

Perfect! I'm ordering some today!
Thank you! I'm at the point where I'm desperate and willing to try anything...

And yes, I'm back in some of my pre-preg clothes. My belly went down pretty fast and I've got some muscle tone back. I still have plenty of work to do though! I do still look like deflated baloon around my belly button.

Sorry to hijack the thread but my DH gets acne on his back - where can i get the zinc gluconate for him?

I got mine from Walmart, but CVS, Walgreens - any store with a vitamin isle should have it. It's just a Zinc supplement with zinc gluconate as the main ingredient. I use the Spring Valley brand bc it doesn't have as many filler ingredients. I take it with my multi-vitamin and food each morning (it can upset an empty stomach).

There are published research studies about zinc's effect on acne...that it can be as effective as oral anti-biotics at decreasing inflammatory acne, but it takes longer to work. Acne can be a sign of zinc deficiency, so it can help IF that is what's contributing to it. I believe the toxic limit is something like 2g, but I wouldn't feel safe taking more than 50mg/day. Your DH may need a higher dose though?

I hope this helps...I have spent many many hours researching and trying out everything I could bc my acne was so severe I hated leaving the house!

Bethany

Bethany, I'm just getting around to reading this and thank you so much! I'll be stopping by Walmart in the morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.