PLEASE TAKE THESE OREO"S OUT OF MY HAND!!!!!!

RE: PLEASE TAKE THESE OREO

I had three squares of delectable Cadbury Dairy Milk. I used one to scoop up some natural PB.

Susan,

I think it's very common for people to crave the sugar/fat/treat foods in the late afternoon. I think at that time of day many people feel the need for a blood-sugar pick-me-up, and also want to reward themselves for getting through a work day. If I were you I would get the Oreos out of the house for a bit, and at 3:30, before the cravings hit, drink a 16oz cup of water, and eat a complex carb and protein snack. One that works good for me is 1/3 cup oatbran microwaved for 1:15 with 1/2 cup of soymilk and 1/4 cup of water. This is very satisfying.

Good luck!
Sandra

I don't buy the junk food but there seems to be a lot of it at the office. The candy bowl is alway full at the receptionist's desk and guess whose hands are always in it??? I can even hear the "sound" of her pouring candy into this beautiful crystal bowl from my office down the hall. Yesterday it was Peppermint Patties, which I love. ;(

I'm VERY lucky because sugar makes me sleepy and disoriented, so I can't eat it during the day when I have to function. That's one good reason I have to pass up on the work goodies.

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

I'm only here to say I love threads like this! I imagine all of you so controlled with your food and able to resist those urges for the bad (but oh so tasty stuff). But then I get reminded we are all human and I shouldn't feel so bad when I eat something less than healthy!

Thanks!
Mary

A darling friend sent me the most delish box of gourmet chocolates...I'm having a difficult time resisting eating the entire box in one long, savory, sinful sitting.:9

But I'll glady take the Oreos off your hands, too.

Open trash can, drop cookies in trash can, seal trash bag, put trash bag in trash can outside, lock kitchen door. Sigh. Relief, it's over.

Clare

Susan - it must be our name (I'm Susan too but changed to Suz b/c of another Susan on my check-in who doesn't check in anymore, so I guess I could have stayed with Susan). I ate SO MANY OREOS while I was at my dad's this past week. And they give me migraines so I can only eat them if I eat them early in the day, making me think I needed to double up for all the time I'd lose later in the day. :) My dad always buys me lots of Oreos when I go to visit, so I HAVE to eat them, right?

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.