Please post your BB DVD premix reviews here!

Lisa
I see Debbie H did this too so you just programmed by using the workout blender Is that corret that is what she said I cannot imagine doing some of these premixes then what do you have like 4 days off
Lisa
I did the ltimesaver #5 once thta was enough for my legs

I didn't even think about using the work out blending. I just used my remote to go through all the chapters and pick out the weight work I wanted to use.

However, I am going to play with the workout blender today and see how it works.

Lisa

This a.m. I did Supersets upper body 2 sets premix (59 min). It was great. I love the set up of this workout. You do round 1 group A all the way through, then you do it again. Next you do round 1 group B all the way through, then repeat, etc. There was a nice break for chest while you worked back and shoulders, and then you worked your chest all over again and got a nice pump going. I am in love with tricep seesaw pushups! And I was humbled by the barbell preacher curls - I had to drop down to a 20# bb. That is pathetic. This is definitely one premix that will get a lot of use. And definitely a workout I can grow with. Woo hoo - I love the Body Blast series!

Thank you everyone!

I am in the overwhelmed and play it by the dvd (book!). So, although I saw all the mixes/premixes/blends, etc. I just kinda stick to the routines as they are. I didn't even attempt any of the combos yet, as I am just getting use to them.

I LOVE push/pull and SuperSets! And today I have some extra times. So imagine my delight when I read the posts about how some are longer ... Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Keep the reviews coming.
I'm going to do some 80 minute one today, although not sure what one! :)

Cleda

Regarding the KP&C/L&G premix(82 min. one)- THIS IS A LEG COOKER!!!! I mean this is the premix to do when you want to work the lower body and get your heart rate up. It starts with KPC WU and you go all the way through the Hammer Punch combo then I believe it went into combo #1. Next come hover squats, rear lunges w/ heel elevated rt. foot, pile squats(varied tempo), rear lunges w/heel elevated left foot, and pile squats from L&G. Next is the second combo from KPC, then drop squats, elplosive pile squats, and calf raises from L&G. Then KPC combo #3 w/CD before moving on to one legged deadlifts, pile squats, sculpting drills slow motion on high step, and explosive lunges from L&G. The premix finishes up with the ab work & stretch from KPC. Awesome workout. Before you start the workout you may want to check and make sure you know what weights you are going to use for the hover squats as you go right into them without hearing what Cathe is using(15lb.) and the same for the drop squats(12lb.DB) and the one legged deadlifts(2 15lb. DB's. Awesome workout for cardio and lowerbody! Love it yet WHEW...glad it's over!
Angela:p

Hi Jillybean, I did this one on Sunday too. I was also pump with the chest work too, yikes. I really love this premix. It is a nice change.

Wow Angela! That is an awesome premix! I am going to try this one on Saturday. Can't wait. Congrats on finishing it!

I did Legs and Glutes Leg Press Mania Premix today. It is almost identical to the as produced Legs and Glutes except you do 2 more sets of leg presses (which means you do a total of 96 per leg!) It is only 5 min. longer than the original Legs and Glutes, but I really felt it.

Push/Pull Upper Body Premix (2 sets)
Pros:
1. Love that this uses the stability ball and gives a functional fitness twist to the standard exercises (chest flyes, shoulders etc). It's a sneaky way to work in the core which I am trying to focus on.
2. I love the slower 2-2 count. In high rep/low weight workouts, I tend to use momentum. This allows me to heavy up and focus on control.
3. I like that it can be done in 45 minutes and finally concludes with a great upper body stretch. Most workouts only focus on lower body stretching.

Cons:
1. The editing is a little choppy. For example the warm-up is cut short by the insert card screen. There is minor freezing in certain transitions.
2. Some of the comments could get a little old for people since the same footage is repeated twice. One option is using the louder music option but I dislike techno remixes in general. Don't get me started on the Dixie Chicks/Stevie Nicks remix or the Metallic/Bob Seger remix. :+

All in all, I love this premix and will definately fit it into my rotation!

Julie

Hi Julie,
I too did the PP Upper Body Premix(2 sets)(I don't know why that frowny face shows up when I type the x in premix???). The first time I did PP I did the workout straight through as is and I "could" do the inverted shoulder presses. Well tonight I must have gotten my form right on the ball b/c I could NOT do them. I had to do the modification. I too felt this was a really great workout!

Jillybean,
I am totally loving the BB Premix rotation that you posted in the rotation forums even though I'm only on day 2..tee hee. It just looks awesome and I can definitely stick with it for 3 weeks. Have fun and good luck on Saturday! }( :D
Angela

I just had to post and say I've done KP&C and the 85 minute premix from Step Blast, with Step, Hi/Lo and weight circuit, then did the ab section and I have loved every single minute of these DVDs so far.
This is just what I've been needing to get myself back in gear and quit working out halfheartedly. I am amazed at how Cathe and her crew always make me feel. My husband and I re-joined the Y a few weeks ago and I went to several step classes with a friend. They were too easy for me, and so I haven't been back. My husband is using the Y, but I prefer my Cathe workouts so much more. I, for one, am really happy with these DVDs. I love the music, the workouts, the people...
I cannot thank Cathe and her great crew enough!!
Lynn

Hi Angela,
I had the exact same problem with the inverted shoulder press! I did all the tapes through once and then started in on the Pre-mixes. I could do the first three reps of the first set and then forget it:)
Oh well something to work towards!
Julie

Today I tried out timesaver # 5. I really love this leg workout, it combines L&G with SJ&P. For me this workout is easier that L&G, but definatly still a challenge. It's exactly what I've been looking for in a leg workout! It's got a good amount of standing work, and what seems like just a slightly less amount of floorwork! I feel that it is more balanced between quads and hamstrings than previous Cathe leg workouts because of the longer floorwork section. I also really like the extra footage, the kick butt lunges are different, and I LOVED the one leg squats. The ab work at the end is the cherry on top! Wonderful workout overall. Very balanced.
Tina

edited to add- Sorry guys, this really isn't a premix :( Don't know what I was thinking.

Oh don't apologize. This workout 'mix'es 'pre' existing footage, hence, a premix! I can't wait to try this one. The kickbutt lunges look great! Thanks for the review!

Did the Push/Pull 3 set upperbody premix. It was a doozy. My bis, chest and abs felt it the most. It included 3 sets of the reverse crunches with the ball and by the 3rd set my core was completely 'turned on' as Cathe says. I loved it. And I am seriously in love with using the ball as a bench as opposed to sitting on the highstep. I think I will use the ball during PS and ME too! Woo Hoo!

I did a super fun one this a.m.,the Step Blast/Step, Jump, & Pump cardio circuit. It consisted of the following:
SB warm up
SB step combo 1
SJ&P hi/lo 1
SB step combo 2
SJ&P hi/lo 2
SB step combo 3
SJ&P hi/lo 3
SJ&P hi/lo 4
SB stretch

50 min. of cardio never felt so fun!

Pathetic weight

Hi Jillybean,
I'm sure you didn't mean anything by saying that your 20 lb. barbell was pathetic, but I just thought I'd bring up the fact that for some people that is a heavy weight, and calling it pathetic might make them feel a little worthless...

Honestly, I know that wasn't your intention, especially knowing you left the board for a while because of the competative nature of some posts and posters.

So, just in support of those who may be using lighter weights than others, don't think your light weight is pathetic! :)

Wendy

RE: Pathetic weight

Sorry! I guess I was under the assumption that people knew that I usually use a 45# bb for bis so to go to a 20# bb was kind of a surprise for me. I, for one, would NEVER want to deter others from this board or have them think their weights are 'pathetic'. When I started with Cathe 2 years ago, I used 3 or 5 lb dumbbells for biceps. I couldn't finish the CTX Kickbox bicep section with my 5# dumbbells. I was merely speaking for myself, no one else in the above post. Thank you Wendy for pointing out this silly blunder on my part. Hey Catheites, please know that it was not my intent to call anyone's weight loads pathetic. In fact, I shouldn't call my own weight loads pathetic. Where's the love? Sorry again. Let's build each other up right?

RE: Pathetic weight

Hi Jillybean,

So glad you didn't take offense to my post! And you're right, you shouldn't call your own weight loads pathetic! You are a strong woman no matter what!
:)
Wendy

I did this on Sunday (my Birthday) and it was super fun. It is absolutely one of my all time favorite cardio workouts!
Judy
sport-smiley-009.gif
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.