Please help, what's the best way to lose 30lbs and keep it off?

seshmom31

I am a 31 year old mom of 2. I am 5'4" and weigh 146. This is the heaviest I have ever been. I mainted a weight of about 130 for at least 10 years(which I was not hapy with then) and now that I am in my 30s, I have gained this extra baggage and I am not sure what's the best way to get rid of it. My Ideal weight would be 115lbs. I own a tread mill, and exercise bike, a sit up bench, a exercie ball a step and the begginers Step DVD by Cathe, as well as a gym membership and lot of other pieces of exercise equipment that I just don't use. My real question is what is the best work out, what should I be doing with all of these things that I have to help me to lose the weight. I need some type of a routine. I know how I've gained the weight and that's by simply over eating, and eating all the wrong things. I don't think it will be a major challenge to change my diet. But the work out thing confuses me. I never know what to do or how many reps I should be doing etc.
Does anyone have any suggestions on a good routine, that will help me burn some serious fat?

You have everything you need Seshmom. You just need some motivation. The beginner DVD of mine that you have has a Basic Step routine, an intermediate step routine and 5 toning workouts on it. I suggest to start with that and if down the road you want some other workouts to shock your routine I would suggest to order my resistance band, Muscle Max DVD, Butts and Guts DVD, and Pyramid Upper Body DVD.

For this month eat super clean and do the following:

Week One and Two:

Mon: Run 30 min on treadmill plus Ab workout on Basic Step DVD

Tues: Do Basic Step tape and the lower body toning sement

Wed: Power walk for 30 minutes plus Ab workout on Basic Step DVD

Thurs: Off

Fri: Ride exercise bike for 30 minutes and do upper body toning segment

Sat: Do Body Fusion step workout (included in your basic Step DVD)

Sun: Off

WEEK THREE AND FOUR:

Mon: Run 45 min on treadmill plus Ab workout on Basic Step DVD

Tues: Do Body Fusion and another lower body toning sement in that DVD

Wed: Exercise bike for 30 minutes plus Ab workout on Basic Step DVD

Thurs: Off

Fri: Interval workout on treadmill (walk 3 minutes run 3 minutes ...5 times) for 30 minutes and do upper body toning segment

Sat: Do Body Fusion step workout (included in your basic Step DVD)

Sun: Off

I am a 31 year old mom of 2. I am 5'4" and weigh 146. This is the heaviest I have ever been. I mainted a weight of about 130 for at least 10 years(which I was not hapy with then) and now that I am in my 30s, I have gained this extra baggage and I am not sure what's the best way to get rid of it. My Ideal weight would be 115lbs. I own a tread mill, and exercise bike, a sit up bench, a exercie ball a step and the begginers Step DVD by Cathe, as well as a gym membership and lot of other pieces of exercise equipment that I just don't use. My real question is what is the best work out, what should I be doing with all of these things that I have to help me to lose the weight. I need some type of a routine. I know how I've gained the weight and that's by simply over eating, and eating all the wrong things. I don't think it will be a major challenge to change my diet. But the work out thing confuses me. I never know what to do or how many reps I should be doing etc.
Does anyone have any suggestions on a good routine, that will help me burn some serious fat?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.