Please help I need to know where to start

D

debby

Cathe, I saw your video rated on the lifetime channel. I can't remember which one it was. But I am also afraid because I am just a beginer. I am about 30 -40 lbs over weight and would like to get fit. I am kind of lazy but mostly with putting on the garb to exercise. I want to not have to put on shoes any more than I have too. I am also very large in the bust and alot of things are hard because of the added tissue up front.

where to start

I would suggest walking 3 times per week for 30 minutes a session to get your body conditioned to working out and being on a workout schedule. Start your 30 minute workout with a comfortable walking pace for 5 minutes. Then walk at a brisk pace for 17 minutes and start slowing down again to a comfortable walking pace for 3 minutes. Conclude this 30 minute workout with a 5 minute stretch. Do this for 4 weeks. During the four week period, I would also suggest doing 5 minutes of abdominal crunches two to three times per week followed by 16 pushups right after you have finished your abdominal routine. You can do this "ab/pushup mini workout" right after your walk or on a separate day altogether.

After this four week conditioning period, I would say you are more ready to move into using home workout videos. If you are interested in using my tapes, I would suggest "How To Get In Shape For Your Wedding". Even though the title and theme is aimed at brides-to-be, it is truly a well rounded workout for anyone. This workout would be considered intermediate to advanced. It has a 45 minute step aerobic workout to be done 3 days per week(ex. Mon,Wed,Fri)and then a 45 minute light weight toning routine which requires either 3,5,or 8 pound dumbells to be done two days per week(ex. Tues, Thurs). Ease your way into these workouts. Remember to never do too much to soon. Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.