Plateau!!.. and am arm question..

Yay for the huge dress! And for getting to hear from you more often ;). FWIW, I hated my job & put in my 2 wks right after my honeymoon, lol. Haven't looked back!

Yay for the huge dress! And for getting to hear from you more often ;). FWIW, I hated my job & put in my 2 wks right after my honeymoon, lol. Haven't looked back!

I'll probably be doing the same thing. Do you work now? My whole thing is that I'm pretty sure I'm not meant to be a career type person. I'm a family person and my fiance and I both said once we have kids I'll be a stay at home mom. Can't wait lol. But until then I gotta find something that doesn't make me totally miserable.

millalyte86 said:
I'll probably be doing the same thing. Do you work now? My whole thing is that I'm pretty sure I'm not meant to be a career type person. I'm a family person and my fiance and I both said once we have kids I'll be a stay at home mom. Can't wait lol. But until then I gotta find something that doesn't make me totally miserable.

Yep, that's me! ;). We both were in agreement that I'd be a SAHM as well, and to this day I am, and I LOVE IT!!! I know it may not be for everyone, but home is definitely where I belong, and I'm so blessed that I have been able to do so for the last 10yrs :D. My only regret was not doing it sooner (my boy was 4 when we got married, I'd give anything to not have been working so hard during those precious years).

Yep, that's me! ;). We both were in agreement that I'd be a SAHM as well, and to this day I am, and I LOVE IT!!! I know it may not be for everyone, but home is definitely where I belong, and I'm so blessed that I have been able to do so for the last 10yrs :D. My only regret was not doing it sooner (my boy was 4 when we got married, I'd give anything to not have been working so hard during those precious years).

I'm sure you're making up for not being there as much those first 4 years now though! I can't wait till my day comes lol.

So I HAVE to get on the ball with my eating and working out. I've been working out speratically. Maybe 2 or 3 times a week. Today I, unfortunately, had a colonoscopy this morning but I had the day off so after I came home and napped I did a short 20 min pilates dvd since I wasn't aloud to drive anywhere and was told no running or lifting heavy things. But tomorrow I don't have work till 3 so I have all morning to start off eating correctly and get a good workout in. Gotta just do it!

Try thinking about it this way: most people really only take 7 minutes to eat their meals. Thats only a 7 minute pleasure whereas those beautiful wedding pictures will be for a life time.

I hope that helps!

Alisha

Try thinking about it this way: most people really only take 7 minutes to eat their meals. Thats only a 7 minute pleasure whereas those beautiful wedding pictures will be for a life time.

I hope that helps!

Alisha

Thanks Alisha! That def puts things into perspective.

I'm mad. I just read the instructions for the after-care of the colonoscopy and it says no "heavy lifting, straining, or running or THREE DAYS." Thats sucks! Do you think they are being a little overly cautious?? I was gonna do S&H-L&S and a pilates workout today. Do you think thats too much the day after a colonoscopy? I mean I feel fine besides still having some shooting gas pains and bloating.

millalyte86 said:
Thanks Alisha! That def puts things into perspective.

I'm mad. I just read the instructions for the after-care of the colonoscopy and it says no "heavy lifting, straining, or running or THREE DAYS." Thats sucks! Do you think they are being a little overly cautious?? I was gonna do S&H-L&S and a pilates workout today. Do you think thats too much the day after a colonoscopy? I mean I feel fine besides still having some shooting gas pains and bloating.

I def think I'd take the 3 days. I know how it feels to miss your workouts! We are a strange breed! Ha! You can hit it hard after the 3 days! Good one Alisha!!!

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

I kind of skipped a few pages. Did you ever up your cardio? When I was training for my first figure competition I was doing 45 minutes 6 days per week on the stairmaster. I know I am not an expert but I always had big flabby arms and thought I'd never be the girl who had nice looking arms...well, I do today! I have a trainer that I hired for my competition training and she really varied my workouts so we rarely ever did the same workout twice. If you have the extra money, I would highly recommend hiring a trainer. They can push you to do heavier and more reps than you would on your own...kind of like your accountability partner. We weighed and measured regular to track progress and she had me journal my food. I thought I ate super clean but after meeting with her and a dietitian they tweaked my diet and I immediately started to see improvements.
The way I see it, as long as you are lifting weights 2-3 times per week, doing your cardio and eating clean, you will get your desired results!
As for the colonoscopy, I am kind of in a similar situation. I had a varicose vein removed last Wednesday and have been doing upper body and cardio. I hope to hit legs this weekend. If not, it will be next week for sure!
Best of luck to you and congratulations on your wedding!!!
Terri

I thought I ate super clean but after meeting with her and a dietitian they tweaked my diet and I immediately started to see improvements.

Terri[/QUOTE]

Terri- would you share what kind of tweeks they made to your diet?

tia,

Alisha

Hey Alisha-
I was training for a figure competition so I eliminated a LOT. No fruits for one. Too much sugar for what I was training for. I was eating a tablespoon of peanut butter and that was eliminated too...even though I made my own. No nuts. Egg whites no yolks. No yogurt.
Sorry this is so jumbled, I am trying to remember since its been a year ago.
Just let me stress.....this was for competition training. You don't need to do what I did to just be healthy. The thing I try to stress to people about clean eating is to stay away from processed foods. Anything in a box, can or a bag, stay away from it. Try to eat as fresh as possible.
My diet right now is a lot of chicken. I have 3 1/2 oz of grilled chicken breast for 3 meals.
Breakfast - 2 pkgs of oatmeal (yes, this is one of the only things in a box I eat)
8 egg whites
Snack - 1 1/2 cups brown rice; either turkey chili or 3 1/2 oz grilled chicken
Lunch - 3 1/2 oz grilled chicken breast, 5 oz sweet potato, 1 cup asparagus
Snack - 3 1/2 oz grilled chicken breast, 1/4 cup blackeye peas
Dinner - depends on what time....lately its been protein shake because I eat so much chicken...normally it would be 3 1/2 oz chicken breast w/romaine lettuce and sugar free fat free dressing.

My treats are sugar free pudding with fat free cool whip and air popped popcorn.

Hope this helps! Again, you don't have to be as strict as I am with food unless you are wanting to compete!
Terri

Thanks for all the advice! it helps!

I've been really battleing my depression for the past 5 months. I've come to realize the job that I started 5 months ago is really causing most of the anxiety and depression. After weeks of trying to decide what to do I FINALLY gave my notice 2 days ago:). My last day is the 30th. It's such a relief. And I'm only going to be working 2 days at the salon so I'll have a lot of time to focus on myself an the wedding and get my head back in the right place. Hopefully I can get back into working out again soon. I've been working out MAYBE twice a week for the past month or so. I really can bring myself to do it after being mentally and emotionally drained from work. Finger crossed! Because I really have to get back on the ball.

So I'll have 3 weeks off a decent amount of spare time so I really gotta slim these arms. I'll have time to do 2 workouts a day if necessary. Anyone have any kick ass rotations I can try?? I wanna really revamp my workout plan and start fresh. Thanks!

Ps. I ordered Travel Fit to possibly skim through the day of the wedding... 31 days!!!

Well my work decided to ask me to leave early.. as in TODAY! So I'm done. I don't like the feeling of being fired but I don't know if i quite or was fired. Either way it feels weird yet relieving at the same time. So now the fun begins!!! I have exactly 30 days TODAY to get my sh*t together. I'm gonna lose these last 8 lbs. I have tons of time and I'm going to do it!!

I need a rotation to follow to refresh myself. Whats the best rotation (whether its a Cathe rotation or Cathe follower) out there to really whip my ass into shape?? I need to revamp my whole workout routine and diet! Any suggestions?! Like I want a really motivating rotation. Thanks girls!!

You've all been so helpful :). Its so appreciated!

Well, it stinks to end the job on that note, but...good riddance, anyway. Maybe now you can focus on YOU. 30 days?! Wow! Time has flown! Time to REALLY tighten up the eats. I really like the get ready for summer rotation that Debbie put out last yr. Even when I didn't have all the DVDs I followed the generic rotation pretty closely, making sure my workouts still hit the time frames of the original. It's basically one full body, one circuit, & one leg day, w/tons of cardio in between. I typically worked whatever muscle group was lagging, on that "leg" day (shoulders & legs/back). Throw in extra cardio & abs (& stretching ;) ) whenever you think about it, in addition to the scheduled times on the rotation. every little but helps at this point.

Keep us posted on the rotation you decide on. :)

Thanks Kiki! Yea I was actually looking at that rotation. I was torn between trying that one and Cathe's January '09 rotation. The Cathe one is an older rotation which means it had a lot of the older workouts which I liked cuz its a changes things up a bit. Which one do you think I'd be better off with?? I'd be adding the extra band shoulder workout in once a week still too.

I had a dr. appt today and I weighed 156.4 lbs. Thats 6.4 more then my goal. I'd really would like to atleast hit 153 lbs so I can atleast know my body can break through the 155 lbs. wall I've been to bust through for like 3 months.

Kiki- I know you and some other gave me lots of advise for what to eat about a month out so I gotta go back and find them and like by them lol.

Thanks again!!

So I'm gonna post my workouts here every few days to hold myself accountable.. Yesterday- HIIT Pyramid and Light weight shoulder workout (shoulders band exercises from Travel Fit and GS-BSB, shoulders from ME and BC, and lying external rotations from SH-L&S).
Today- GS-CT

Personally, I'd go for the get ready for summer (2010). At least using the generic rotation would allow you to sub in some older vids still, if you like. Do you have most of Cathe's stuff?

Are you logging your eats anywhere? Now's a really crucial time to avoid any slip ups. Even eating too much "clean" foods could screw w/your desired results @ this time (WW bread, dairy, sweeteners, etc)...so some things should start to taper off as far as your diet is concerned right now ( and possibly even eliminated, especially in the weeks to come ;) ).

Nice workouts, btw :)

Personally, I'd go for the get ready for summer (2010). At least using the generic rotation would allow you to sub in some older vids still, if you like. Do you have most of Cathe's stuff?

Are you logging your eats anywhere? Now's a really crucial time to avoid any slip ups. Even eating too much "clean" foods could screw w/your desired results @ this time (WW bread, dairy, sweeteners, etc)...so some things should start to taper off as far as your diet is concerned right now ( and possibly even eliminated, especially in the weeks to come ;) ).

Nice workouts, btw :)

Ok I think I'll go for last years "Get Ready for Summer" rotation. I haven't been logging me eats. I should probably start. Somethings I have a hard time giving up... like wine lol. I know alcohol is a big no no when trying to lean out but I love my wine! Thats a tough one. The week of the wedding I'll def cut that out. But for a WHOLE month??!! That's tough!! lol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.