PiYo

I'm glad to hear that you liked Drench. I haven't tried that one yet. I did Core earlier today and was disappointed. My frustration in this program is that it is advertised as being "hardcore" and "intense". So far, the workouts that I have done haven't been either one of those things.

No disrespect, but are you sure you're doing them right? Just about all yoga & Pilates have enormous ranges & can be quite challenging, even the simplest moves.

I for one, really like what she's doing with these, and I have to say would give me a reason to look at all the latest offerings from BB including T25, P90X3, and this one Piyo.

I am loving these workouts! So far I've done LB, Sweat and Drench. Drench was my favorite and in sweat she does about 8 minutes of lower body cardio which I absolutely love. I cannot make myself do yoga, (I know, terrible) but this I can do! I like to do workouts that have both strength & cardio, I like to do a little cardio everyday and these give me my endorphin high I need everyday! So happy with this set, they give me a less intense workout in between Dreambody, Peak10, Hoco and Cathe. I'm happy!

I am loving these workouts! So far I've done LB, Sweat and Drench. Drench was my favorite and in sweat she does about 8 minutes of lower body cardio which I absolutely love. I cannot make myself do yoga, (I know, terrible) but this I can do! I like to do workouts that have both strength & cardio, I like to do a little cardio everyday and these give me my endorphin high I need everyday! So happy with this set, they give me a less intense workout in between Dreambody, Peak10, Hoco and Cathe. I'm happy!

Thanks for the review. I haven't had a chance to try Drench or Sweat yet but now I'm excited to. I too crave that endorphin rush everyday and if I don't get it I don't sleep well and am not the most pleasant person to be around so happy to hear a positive review. I'll be doing one of those workouts tomorrow for sure.

I did Buns and Strong Legs (one of the bonus workouts) this morning and really liked them. I've heard from several people that Drench is good so I'm doing that one tomorrow along with Strength Intervals. The workouts are growing on me...:)

I did Sculpt and Strong Legs this morning. Some slightly different moves using the slideing discs. Overall, felt like I got a great workout! But if I didn't, unloading nearly 500 bales of hay later today will make up for it :D

Lisa

This morning I did Strength Intervals followed by Drench. I can see why everyone is raving about Drench...that is a great workout! I really liked combing these two workouts so I'll be doing that again. I've now done all the PiYo workouts and bonus DVD's. I loved some, I liked some, and there are some I may never do again. Working on my review this weekend.

This morning I did Strength Intervals followed by Drench. I can see why everyone is raving about Drench...that is a great workout! I really liked combing these two workouts so I'll be doing that again. I've now done all the PiYo workouts and bonus DVD's. I loved some, I liked some, and there are some I may never do again. Working on my review this weekend.

Lucy, thanks for your reviews! Looks like a lot of people like Drench. I have a lot of yoga and pilates dvd's already. I think I will pass on this set:confused:

Those of you who have the two strength add-ons that use the gliding disks, how do they compare to Cathe's disk workouts?

Those of you who have the two strength add-ons that use the gliding disks, how do they compare to Cathe's disk workouts?

The PiYo strength workouts are good. Chalene doesn't do anything particularly unique in them, but I still liked them.

I've only done the Strong Legs one; it worked me hard. A agree with Lucy that there wasn't anything super-unique but for me there was a difference in some of the moves... for example, I've never done a cross back lunge and touched the floor while doing it.

Looking forward to reading Lucy's review, and thanks to all of you who posted your reviews; I'm thinking the Strength Intervals and Drench combo will be on my To Do list.

I have appreciated reading reviews here, particularly Lucy's thorough review on her website. I am put off by the negatives. Not that I couldn't benefit from this program, but that I am not willing to spend that much money (over $100) on a program that only contains about 2 hours of actual useful, likeable workout time. And no, I don't want Beachbody commercials before and during my workouts.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Clare

Lucy Fit PT, awesome review! You made me laugh with your comments in your "What I don't like" section. So which level would you use to describe PiYo workouts? Are your favorites in the int/adv range or advanced? I have been reading reviews on VF as well and some people thought the others (meaning the ones that are not Drench, etc. ) are more on the easier side, maybe intermediate level. I'm not convinced yet with this set. I always end up spending tons of money on Beachbody sets only to like 20-30% of the workouts. I dislike the fact that they always sell their workouts as sets.

I understand the importance of adding bodyweight training workouts to our existing routines and I agree 100% with this quote from your review: "I know many individuals who boast about the amount of weight they can bench press and yet they struggle with a basic push-up". So true. I know lots of people like that. :p. As for PiYo still not convinced. I have Body Fit 360 from Michelle Dozois, which I've read it is very similar to PiYo, and will buy her second one as soon as it is released. This type of workouts are the ones that I add for low impact days or for flexibility focused days. Your suggestion about taking these when we travel is also a great one. I will wait a little bit longer to think about this purchase, but I will probably pass and use the money for workouts I know I will use over and over again.

I'm glad you enjoyed the review IslandRose. My goal was to make it informative so I hope I achieved that.

As for skill level, I would categorize PiYo as intermediate-advanced. Most of the workouts are intermediate with 1-2 exercises per workout that are more advanced. However, if someone was brand spankin' new to exercising, they would find all of the workouts challenging.

None of the workouts are high-calorie-burners. I plan on using PiYo as extended warm-ups. I did Hardcore on the Floor this morning. It's a little over 30 minutes and then I did Michelle Dozois' Cardio Strength. Since Michelle's workout doesn't have a sufficient warm-up (IMO), PiYo did the job of preparing my muscles.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.