Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest

Good thinking Shelly! I bought mine two weeks ago only to find out (NYC for you) that all but the 6:45 and 10:15 were already sold out!!! LOL :)

The Piglet is taking the 2 kids too!! Hopefully on Friday afternoon....I get off at work at 9 in the am......hoping everyone else has other plans on Friday!!

Dh and I are planning on seeing "Pirates . . ." when it is released here in the Twin Cities too. I really like Johnny Depp.

And while we're on the subject of good summer movies, my rec is "Superman Returns". It is really, really good, and an incredible homage to the 1978 "Superman" that made Christopher Reeve famous. Same John Williams score, same title typography, same artistic design, and a few other choice production features that make you look back as well as forward. Brandon Routh is wonderful, not to mention fairly easy on the eyes, and Kevin Spacey is Lex Luthor Max.

"Superman Returns" is dedicated to the memory of Christopher Reeve and Dana Reeve, and if anyone out there loved Reeve's work and mourned his and his gracious wife's passing, the new movie is a real treat.

A-Jock

I second that very lovely review by A-Jock. I was really worried that I would hate it, since I grew up with Christopher Reeve as my Superman...but it was made with a definate tip of the hat to Reeve. I thought, if you don't think about it too hard....it still could be Christopher Reeve on the screen. A lot of Routh's mannerisms and facial expressions were very Reeve like, and that was a nice thing to see....they didn't try to reinvent Superman, just gave him another story to tell.

It was a very good movie, and I would probably go see it another time.

Donna

I can't wait to see the movie but I live in Spain and here we have to wait until the 11 of august to see the film. I love the first movie. Capt. Jack is so attractive }( }(

Mariángeles a spanish terminator and Turbo Jam junkie.

I saw the first one, but forgot it instantly. The appeal eludes me. However, I do think that Johnny Depp is one of the most talented actors alive today.

-Nancy

Loved the first one. Can't wait for the second, but probably will not go Friday. I'm also glad to hear the Superman movie is good. I was going to skip it, since no one but Christopher Reeves can play superman, but I'll have to rethink that now. I think Johnny Depp is the cats meow and loved him in Chocolat almost as much as in Pirates. He really does have an amazing acting range, doesn't he?

I never saw the first one in the theater, just waited for the DVD to come out, and I've watched it a lot since then. I probably won't see DMC in the theater either, I just enjoy watching movies in the comforts of my own home, but it will be on my Christmas list. In fact, it may just convince DH and me to finally get that big screen TV!

Joanne,

They just refurbished the Pirates of the Caribbean attractions at both Disneyland and Disneyworld. The Disneyworld one opens today to coincide with the movie.
I found out that they have added Captain Jack Sparrow and his crew to the attraction!!! I have always loved this ride, and we are going back in October, so now I am extra excited!

i just saw the first one for the first time this past week. it was a great movie, and johnny's character jack is a great character and mr.depp pulled it off sooooo well. so i can't wait to see the 2nd feature. i hear they just wrapped up the 3rd and final one.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.