Pentagenetians & Beyond: W/B 6/20

This morning I did JS One Mile of Motivation for 15 minutes and 105 calories burned. Then I did JS Gentle Yoga, Total Body Flow. That was 21 minutes and an additional 30 calories.

Hello to everyone and have a wonderful day.

Today I did a 45 minute Peloton Power Zone Max ride. Chris and I went for a walk this afternoon.

Carolyn-Nice job with the JS walk and yoga.

Hope everyone has a good week

a long drive yesterday. we planned to stay someplace part way and mt bike this morning but a problem developed with our truck so we decided to continue to our house and deal with it at the dealer here.

it was an extremely busy day on the roads. wow. it seemed like everyone who owns a camper, trailer, RV bicycle or kayak was out driving today. took much longer due to some stops we made to check out some potential areas to stay. 12 and a half hours.

in other issues, my inept sister. her refrigerator died. she called in a panic, as if from two thousand miles away I can fix it. she also called cousin, the only two people who deal with her anymore.
cousin and I decided we will not continue to do this. we are done. it is not possible to help someone who wont help herself. cousin and I agreed. we won't undermine each other. its not the money, its the leg work to keep her in an unsustainable situation.

This morning I did Lower Body Blast. That was 62 minutes and 274 calories burned. My average heart rate was 111 and maximum heart rate was 143. My lower body is fried!

Judy, great job with the Peloton Power Zone Max ride. Taking a walk outside is a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Valerie, I’m glad that you made it to your destination. I hope the truck problem is nothing major. It seems like everyone is eager to hit the road and travel after the past year.

Hello to Diane Sue, Cathy, and Deb.

truck is unfortunately probably a big deal. it runs fine... when we took the camper off, the engine light went off. it has something to do with the turbo and the stress of a heavier load. . it is a big truck, ford 350. one needs a big vehicle to haul a truck heavy camper. it's not the same as towing something behind. we took it to a shop locally and will hear back ....we hope today with a more specific eval of the problem. totally revamps our trip here since this is a big repair if its what we think it is.

carolyn I don't do cathes lower body workouts much anymore. squats and lunges really get my knees sore in a bad way. I ride enough and hike and so far those activities don't cause knee issues. hope you are just tired, and not actually DOMS sore.

really tired today so probably not doing a workout until tomorrow.

Typed this yesterday morning and it never posted! so, I’ll add to it. Yesterday morning I did Live Fantastic Elastic and now it's bye bye to On Demand for awhile. Not sure that I'll get in a workout again until Friday and then I start the XTrain + Low Impact Series rotation next Sunday. I shopped today and we leave in the morning. No idea what time as we have very different ideas when it comes to organizing trips. I keep telling myself it's only 2 nights and 3 days and I just need to roll with it. I am far more organized in how I travel.

Carolyn that is a great combo you put together yesterday! Lower Body Blast is a good workout, but I haven done it all that much. I hope you aren’t overly sore tomorrow.

Judy great job on the Peloton ride!

Valerie sorry you are having issues with the truck. Never a good thing, and worse when traveling. It’s certainly understandable that you and your cousin reached that decision. It’s extremely hard to help that type of person and pretty much impossible from a distance.

just watched the video preview for the new workouts! Wow! Love the background and colors and the workout looks pretty tough.

Today I did CDorner Best Dance Routines "Runaway Baby Bruno Mars" 50 minutes and had a fun work out. Heart rate was 140/171, 279 calories, 6,033 steps. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw glute finisher(medium fabric band) 23 minutes, 80 calories, heart rate 110/159, 774 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, calories 359. I really wanted to do a good stretch. We are leaving town a day earlier for my husbands conferences so I am getting things together.

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did a Peloton Power Zone Endurance Ride (45 minutes), a 20 minute recovery ride and an arm toning workout. I'm planning on adding some run/walking in this week too as I'm training for a virtual 7 mile run in July.

Valerie-I'm sorry about your truck. It's completely understandable why you and your cousin would make that decision. It's very frustrating to try to help someone like that when you are nearby, much less when you are 2,000 miles away.

Cathy-Great job with Live Fantastic Elastic. The XTrain-Low Impact Series sounds like a good one to do. Hope you have a great trip!

Diane Sue-Nice job with the CDorner workout.

Carolyn-Great job with Lower Body Blast. That's another one that I need to revisit.

Hi to Deb!

The problem was what we thought it might be, the turbo. the big expensive problem. Ugh. the ford dealer here has been worthless so we are using a smaller private truck shop recommended by our neighbor. this problem has popped up before but no one ever pinpointed what it was, and when the camper is off, it goes away so it's the stress of the heavier load. that's why we own this truck, so it can carry a camper. picture breaking down on the interstate and needing to get towed on a flatbed truck to a repair place, or getting in a wreck because of a mechanical failure. double UGH.
we can get it done this week and maybe still have a chance to do some of what we'd planned. we are really happy we bought a second vehicle to keep here as backup. if something goes wrong with your only vehicle, you are dead in the water.

diane sue, have a good trip.
cathy you too. yep my sister is a train wreck. she cant manage a house or anything else. can't drive, no computer, no computer skills, a cell phone she wont learn to use. a house falling down around her ears. she has alienated everyone. AND she doesn't want anything to change! she has no pets now so this is the best time in years to change her living situation to senior housing where there are support services and other people. I would have bought her a computer a 100 times but there's not a chance she will use it, just like the free phone she's had for years now.

Today I did X Train Chest, Back, and Shoulders. My time was 59 minutes with 263 calories burned. Average heart rate was 109 and maximum heart rate was 148. I actually like Lower Body Blast, but it is long. By the time that I get to the floor work with the band I am already tired. The floor work is what gets me in this workout. I am a little sore today but it’s not bad.

Cathy, great job with Live Fantastic Elastic. I‘m sure that you will miss Live, but X Train+LIS is a great rotation.

Diane Sue, nice work getting a good workout done before your trip. I hope that you have an enjoyable time. Just getting away sounds good to me!

Judy, great job with Peloton Power Zone Endurance ride. That’s wonderful that you will do a virtual 7 mile run.

Valerie, sorry about the truck problem. At least it will be repaired in a timely manner and you can still enjoy your trip. Planning ahead with a second vehicle was very smart.

Have a great day everyone.

we did a mt bike this morning, intending on a short ride before it heated up. we were meeting our neighbor at the end of the ride to walk beyond the road end which she thought turned back into a road after a short rough section of trail. part way along the dirt road , DH was ahead of me, and suddenly he stopped... there was a skunk on the road flaring its tail and acting angry. so DH said "ride on through". I did not! skunk wants to get to the creek and he has the right of way IMO. skunk ran across in a short time, and we continued on without any spraying. I dont think I have seen a live skunk in decades. they are usually dead on the roadway! anyway, we got to close to the road end, and our neighbor in her jeep came up behind us. several trees were down across the road, so we walked around, and she started to go around too but with a big crunch, got high centered on a tree stump in tall grass. could not go forward or back. we tried getting bigger rocks under the wheels, eventually we called her husband who came up in a different vehicle with a chain saw . we ended up jacking up the jeep, getting more rocks under it, and then chain sawing off the tree stump, then lowering it back down. this took hours in the sun. from there we did the walk we'd planned for at least another hour and a half but we were out of drinking water. ate lunch and went back to the jeep and rode our bikes back on the road to our car. there were more difficulties but thats the main things. it was HOT. upper 80's for all this crawling around in the dirt. we ended up gone for 6.5 hours. not all was riding or walking but it was a tough day.

Judy that is a long ride. what is a virtual 7 mile run?

its really hot here so we may not get to do the things we planned.. I dont function at 90 degrees, I hide inside under an air conditioning vent. the whole western US is hotter than hell.

Today I did P30 Low Impact HiiT for 32 minutes and 216 calories burned. My average heart rate was 127 and maximum heart rate was 145.

Valerie, wow, what a day you had! That was a lot of hard work. I’m sorry that the weather there is so unpleasant for you.

Hello to Judy, Diane Sue, Cathy, and Deb. Enjoy your day everyone.

yesterday was pretty intense, but today was supposed to be a little cooler. we did a hike this morning with our same neighbor. ended up being 5 hours 1o min of serious hiking. it was not much cooler, but at least some parts were breezy. a lot of work again but so pretty out. lot of flowers. enough, though. tomorrow is a day off. no wildlife today except birds and butterflies. we could see mountain goats pretty easily, not close but they stand out on the brown dirt.

that's interesting judy. not what I was imagining with a virtual race but must be fun to compare to people in your age group.
there's a tiny little bunny taking refuge in a corner outside the kitchen. we have a security camera set up and thought we saw a bunny there this winter but resolution was not clear enough to be sure. looked like a bunny, or maybe a clump of dry leaves. he is tiny and looks about 4-5 inches long all curled up. doesn't even blink. not at all like the big jack rabbits we sometimes see.

carolyn it is too hot for what we planned. the whole west coast is roasting. this is not typical. usually its still cooler and showery in june. last june was completely different than this. its an unpleasant weather situation right now but our truck is still being fixed so that would be a limiting factor too.

This morning I did X Train Bis and Tris + Core one. My time was 45 minutes with 168 calories burned. Average heart rate was 107 and maximum heart rate was 136.

Valerie, that’s great that you had a nice hike yesterday with lovely flowers, birds and butterflies.

Waving hello to everyone. Have a wonderful day.

Got back home a little over an hour ago. Very good thing we don't travel together often, and he really can't keep up with me at all. Yesterday was our full day up there and I did get in 21,000 steps, but just was a really mixed bag. Went and did the marshland trail in the morning and that went well. Birds, and a few other things. Saw a doe and fawn. Then we went to the falls in Munising. Stairs there, which he was definitely lagging on. Then we went out to Picture Rocks National Park and did Miner's Castle and falls. Still doable for him. Went back in town for lunch and to decide what to do in the afternoon. Ended up back out at Picture Rocks, but farther out. He's a drama king, and it was farther than he thought and there was a pretty long stretch of dirt roads, some of it rather wet and rough. Parking really was a nightmare. Lot was full so on a two lane road there was a really long line of parked cars, so you had to hold your breath and hope no one was coming from the other direction. Ended up parked the farthest out. From the parking lot you can go to two different falls and two places overlooking Lake Superior. Falls were closer. I opted for the one that was 1.1 miles. Get part way down the trail and it's pretty wet and you have to basically hold on to small trees and edge along the side. At that point, we had to turn back. I would have gone on, but I really don't think he could have maneuvered. The other falls was 1.4 miles out. So, we headed out and he's going slow. I'm in tortoise mode, he's in slug and I get a fair ways ahead of him. I go back and ask if he wants me to go ahead to the falls and come back to him and leave then. He's all "it'll be a wasted trip if I don't see the falls blah blah blah." Pretty soon (I'm still not walking fast) he's even farther behind. I go back again and this time I'm pretty blunt. I have no cell service and I don't need a medical emergency when I can't get help. That led to "so I'm just a burden to you." Insert a lot of eye rolls here. Finally he says he'll wait at the car for me and I head off more than doubling my speed. Find the falls, hang out taking pics for a few minutes. Set my watch and head back to the parking lot. Took me 24 minutes and part of the way I slowed down texting Derek, because all of a sudden I got cell service for a few minutes again. Went back and found find a place that had really good Vegan Pasties! Going to get those again sometime. In the evening we ended up going and walking along the beach in a nice sandy area. That was really nice. We aren't beach people, but I do like walking barefoot in the sand. Drizzling rainy day today up there and we drove out of that around the straits, but it started raining again about an hour and a half from home (when I was driving) and continued the rest of the way. He is just way too cranky to travel with and not in any kind of shape for outdoor activities. For now, I have Derek as my traveling buddy. We do really well together and he's become an excellent navigator. Definitely parts of the trip I enjoyed to counter the other times.

Working on setting up my new fitness journal as the old one is ending. Need to figure out what I'm doing the next two days.

Hopefully, I'll be back in the swing and responding to everyone tomorrow. Still getting things settled here.

we got our truck back yesterday mid day, and it came with a jaw dropper of a bill. we knew what to expect and its a whole lot better than looking for a new truck right now as they are way over priced due to serious shortages. like double the normal price. used vehicles are selling for more than they sold for new. its still reasonable temps here so we will stay here for a while. seattle area is heating up this weekend to aa stunning temperature and then it will here also. what an unpleasant and weird situation. I have to get going this morning so sorry, cant read or comment on anything now.

Today I did Cardio Party for 39 minutes and 281 calories burned. My average heart rate was 129 and maximum heart rate was 146. I’ve been running around all day and just stopped to catch my breath. Daughter number two and family are arriving tomorrow. I had to go to the store to get items that I don’t usually buy for the grandkids. Cereal, whole milk, things for lunch, etc. Now I’m making a pound cake which is an easy dessert foundation for a group of hungry people.

Cathy, it sounds like your vacation was mix of good experiences and frustrating moments. I can understand why you and husband don’t travel together often .

Valerie, that’s great that your truck is repaired. It is definitely an enjoyable expensive time for a anything that has to do with vehicles.

Hello to Judy, Diane Sue, and Deb.

Did a mt bike this morning 4 miles uphill on a gravel road used by 4 wheelers and xc skiers. a kinda /sorta road! open only to non motorized until mid july. it makes a loop but 17 miles uphill half the way is a lot. it was lovely. quiet, birds singing, interesting critter poop and tracks, flowers, forest and open areas. saw a fox on the way to the area. saw deer all along the road. the whole loop is 17 miles so we did a little over 4 miles up and then back down. it's a real grunt riding steady uphill like that but will get your lungs expanded in a hurry. back down is just a free ride. I always think of the "Free Ride " ( Foghat) song while I'm rolling down. Totally FUN !

carolyn have an enjoyable time with your family. I love pound cake. with strawberries.

cathy I was confused if that was your husband or your son you were with? I was thinking your son until carolyn said your husband. either way... must make you feel strong and bullet proof!

we would like to stay longer but probably will not. we really wanted to be away from washington for the 4th. our neighbors are frigging idiots. there was a vote to outlaw fireworks in the county but nothing has happened so we will have to spend a sleepless night with hoses ready in case some idiot blows a bottle rocket off into the bushes or the roof top. plus our garden will need water badly. usually rain and cloudy in june.
there is no excuse or reasonable explanation for why we have to endure this every year. this is not pleasant. the indian res sells illegal fireworks and people take them off the res and blow them up with impunity. it sounds like WWIII . it is awful almost every year, unless we luck out and it rains a lot. not this year. everything will be bone dry and ready to burn. Sigh. this is definitely not sparklers and a couple of whiz bangs, it sounds like Aleppo must have. there are commercial displays and I'm fine with that but this is all the "nice people" you live near by risking my house and property.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.