Pentagenarians & Beyond: WkB 2/10

Did Cardio party, the chest pyramid, and the 6 pk abs. I do not do the footwork well. I have resolved to keep trying, but I can't even do the simplest foot work. I can do grape vines a little part of the time, but I just keep moving even if I can't mambo/ cha cha/ etc etc. its like my feet are glued to the ground and can't even do the shuffle. whatever. did the best I could.

Good morning,

No workout yesterday.

Diane Sue, those are all great ideas to try on the zipper. Thanks! I only hope that it is not caught on the fabric on the inside. I think I read somewhere that there was a correction to the LITE user's guide, but don;t know where to get the latest version. I will need to look around for that post.

Valerie, you are right! I love that saying. Duct tape is so universal and so good! The step in only in the Cardio Party Calorie Crush, not the main workout so you can avoid it entirely. I know, because if it had step, I would probably avoid it too. :). Side steps back and forth are about the same movement as a grapevine. 2 to each side should work.

Judy, that is an awesome shift! We are in a static weather pattern, cold but no rain or snow, at least for the moment.

Carolyn, I am the same way. We had a garden center that was around for as long as I can remember, and it just closed this past fall. There were people in there that knew what they were doing and you could always ask a question.

Hi to Lori,

We are going to a live magic show this afternoon, I have never been to one and I am looking forward to it.

Take care,

Valerie, I am not a dancer. I have two left feet. Sometimes I still stumble around with changes to moves. I am used to change cha chas and mambos, but directional changes to what had become normal for me throws me off. I have to do it awhile to adjust and if I leave the workout set for a few weeks I find myself having get myself back in sync with that workout.

mybe that is why I had such trouble printing the user guides at first. I had a problem with page numbers too. I didn't want to print all pages. when I selected 2 pages to print , I didn't get what I should. whatever, suddenly it worked. so far I'm not even using them much. when I start changing up weights it helps to record. like yesterday, the chest pyramid, I should have increased but didn't. I wanted to try 10, 12, 15 instead of 8, 10, 12.
I always have issues with "shuffle". looks easy but no. I keep moving.... so it probably doesn't matter in the big picture, but when I say "Trigger", I mean it.
Deb, you probably have fabric caught under. I'm good at fixing zippers . a useful life skill. push down on the under side of Zipper placket fabric, while pulling the zipper pull. yes, you need 3 hands.

I have been making German Chocolate birthday cake and other dessert and preparing for family gathering tomorrow. This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Overload Version 2 wearing a 12# vest. This was 32 minutes, heart rate average 127, max 161, 175 calories, met 6.5, 2,570 steps. I then did Ice Blizzard blast time saver, 20 minutes, heart rate average 129, max 159, 1,518 steps. I then did Lite Abs #1, 44 calories, and Lite Extended Stretch #1, 40 calories. Total time 75 minutes, 418 calorie. I could feel yesterday's double metabolic workout all over this morning. I was mainly looking for just cardio and abs this morning with some stretching.

Valerie, that is what happened to me. When I printed the Metabolic workout card the first time by putting in just those page numbers I did not get all of the pages. Then yesterday, my reprint from my tablet that I had downloaded to was still off and the exercises were not in order and some missing. I checked the user guide this morning and had to download it again as it seems to be correct.

Carolyn, enjoy your time with your guests :)

I did rev'd up rumble again. I liked it a lot this time. It takes me a while to pick up new things so I never quit at one try, even if I complain. I feel silly though after spending so much time & effort trying to print workout cards, and now I'm hardly using them.

Drool!! I used to love German chocolate cake. haven't had it in probably 45 years. I remember making it a few times in the Midwest. DH's family has no appreciation for homemade desserts. they're happy with bakery stuff that I won't touch because they taste so bad. If I am getting dessert calories, it has to be worth it. If I made it, I would eat it so I don't make it.

Valerie I found that the metabolic Lite workout was awfully time consuming trying to write down the weights since there were so many exercises and not much time between each move. It is much easier for something that is multiple sets of each exercise. I am the same way with desserts. Pre-made never has the flavor of homemade and is always a disappointment. I think with so many people growing up eating packaged and grocery bakery foods, they have acquired a taste for it. They are missing out.

If I had a group event where I would be limited to one piece, I'd make it in a heartbeat. I do NOT want to be left with 3/4 of a german chocolate cake calling my name. I make my DH pies, and some cakes, but not ones that I would be crawling downstairs to chew on in the middle of the night. german chocolate is that cake! my jeans are getting loose so I don't want to lose momentum.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.